PDA

View Full Version : How long until

soonerthanu
10/30/2006, 06:44 PM
Mack Brown starts campaigning to the pollsters on how good they are
so he can get sympathy votes and backdoor his way into N.C.

:texan:

StoopTroup
10/30/2006, 06:48 PM
Who cares about Mack Brown.

soonerthanu
10/30/2006, 06:58 PM
Care. I dont think care is word I would use. But if you asked me if I kept up with what our rivals are doing, I would say yes.

mrowl
10/30/2006, 07:00 PM
its already started, there is someone who ranked tOSU 3rd.

birddog
10/30/2006, 07:04 PM
there's going to be more one loss coaches with a legitimate beef than any year that i can remember. this bcs thing has to go.

or atleast let the bcs decide the top 8 teams that qualify for a playoff.

some people say, "then, you leave out #9." i believe #3 should have a chance to play for a championship. #9, well tough luck.

StoopTroup
10/30/2006, 07:17 PM
Care. I dont think care is word I would use. But if you asked me if I kept up with what our rivals are doing, I would say yes.
Lets face it...

Brown would love to have a shot at 2 in a row.

Who wouldn't.

I just don't care.

Last year was hard enough to stomach. Losing 2 RRSOs in a row causes physical pain to think about.

What Mack will do to try and get his team a 2nd shot is something I'll have to deal with when and if it happens.

Till then...I don't care.

What I do care about is seeing OUr Sooners win this road game this week.

After that my attention will be on the Sooner Fans and making sure every person who bought tickets for this season is sitting in a packed Stadium for the Texas Tech Game realizing they have one of the best damn teams in the country.

Anyone not getting a seat filled for Nov. 4th in Norman should just quit buying tickets.

We are seeing one of the best teams Stoops has put on a field and the best Coach in the Country is leading them.

I'd like to play the whorns again in a bowl.

batonrougesooner
10/30/2006, 07:22 PM
Anyone not getting a seat filled for Nov. 11th in Norman should just quit buying tickets.

fixed it for you.

LysisAG
10/30/2006, 07:25 PM
there's going to be more one loss coaches with a legitimate beef than any year that i can remember. this bcs thing has to go.

or atleast let the bcs decide the top 8 teams that qualify for a playoff.

some people say, "then, you leave out #9." i believe #3 should have a chance to play for a championship. #9, well tough luck.

Exactly!

An 8 team playoff would be perfect.

BIG_IKE
10/30/2006, 07:26 PM
Shoot...

Hey may not need to whine. WV and Louisville play Thursday.
Mich and tOSU are gonna play too. If Louisville wins and tOSU wins, Texas could move up to #2 in the human polls as long as they win out.

Im NOT sold on the Mountaineers yet. The best opponent they have beaten is friggin MISSISSIPPI STATE, SYRACUSE and UCONN. Seriously...they have played no one.
And the best team Louisville beat was THUG U,

Hate to say it, but I think the SEC Champ, Texas, or even the Domers or SUC have a chance if they win out,. Lots of SOS left for SUC, And if tOSU doesnt beat Michigan handily...thennn its an even BIGGER mess.

Blah, who cares. I say playoffs.

Scenario 1: Play Bowl Games, and have 4 highest rated teams AFTER the bowls play in a playoff. (This would only take 2 weekends).

OR.....

reduce the season to 11 Games. Have a 16 team SEEDED playoff starting the 1st week of December, based on BCS rankings. This would get down to the final two teams the weekend of Christmas.

ANNOUNCE BOWL BIDS the Week of X-mas, leaving the last two playoff teams to play at the end of Bowl Season. This would give teams only a week or two to prepare for their opponents, but about a month of practice. And at the most, a team would have to play 15 or 16 games to win the MNC...and with that playoff and the bowls, the season would not go any longer than it already does.

1. We would still have the BCS Championship
2. We would have a playoff too
3. Teams would still get their bowls and bowl money
4. We would have MORE FOOTBALL! Clutch football at that..
5. We would have a true champion. No more mythical national champions.

*looks for a petition*

OU-HSV
10/30/2006, 07:31 PM
I figured this thread was gonna be "How long until Mack Brown publicly reveals his love affair with Vince Young and admits that he passed his herpes on to Colt Littleboy McCoy." Guess I was wrong.

To answer the question at hand, I'm guessing the lobbying starts after they play the sheephumpers.

BIG_IKE
10/30/2006, 07:52 PM
Which sheep humpers? Thats all they have left on their schedules.
Okie Aggie, Texas Aggie, and Kansas Aggie.

I think Clappy The Hampster may wait until after Thanksgiving.

OU-HSV
10/30/2006, 08:17 PM
Which sheep humpers? Thats all they have left on their schedules.
Okie Aggie, Texas Aggie, and Kansas Aggie.

I think Clappy The Hampster may wait until after Thanksgiving.
didn't think about it that way :D

soonerthanu
10/30/2006, 08:17 PM
Lets face it...

Brown would love to have a shot at 2 in a row.

Who wouldn't.

I just don't care.

Last year was hard enough to stomach. Losing 2 RRSOs in a row causes physical pain to think about.

What Mack will do to try and get his team a 2nd shot is something I'll have to deal with when and if it happens.

Till then...I don't care.

What I do care about is seeing OUr Sooners win this road game this week.

After that my attention will be on the Sooner Fans and making sure every person who bought tickets for this season is sitting in a packed Stadium for the Texas Tech Game realizing they have one of the best damn teams in the country.

Anyone not getting a seat filled for Nov. 4th in Norman should just quit buying tickets.

We are seeing one of the best teams Stoops has put on a field and the best Coach in the Country is leading them.

I'd like to play the whorns again in a bowl.

Yes I agree with your assessment.
Now quit high jacking
:)

Scott D
10/30/2006, 08:57 PM
Mack Brown starts campaigning to the pollsters on how good they are
so he can get sympathy votes and backdoor his way into N.C.

:texan:

Apparently the role of Head Coach Pariah this season belongs to Charlie Weiss.

StoopTroup
10/30/2006, 11:12 PM
fixed it for you.
Thanks I was ranting.

:pop: