PDA

View Full Version : Never thought I'd say it...

Osce0la
10/30/2006, 04:31 PM
but I honestly HATE taking vacation days. Everytime I take a day off, I come in the next morning to find out the dumba** woman that covers my work for me has screwed something up again. I come in this morning (I was off Friday) to find that she has placed trades on accounts that shouldn't have been traded, so I have to go in and fix EVERYTHING that she messed up. In short, the work that I would normally be finished with by 8:15 took me until 9:45 this morning to finish...Then the whole time I am trying to fix this I have our new supervisor hanging over my shoulder watching everything I do, making sure I do everything right, like I have never worked a day over here in my life. Then in the middle of me fixing the problems dumba** woman created, new supervisor jacka** decides he needs to tell me about some other problem they had Friday (because I guess he felt he couldn't wait until I get done fixing one problem before he told me about another problem I would have to fix as well...). I honestly think I may take 1 hour of my time on my next vacation day to come up here and place the trades myself so I won't have to deal with having to fix problems she caused the next morning...

and again, no she is not even remotely hawt.

:mad:

TexasSooner01
10/30/2006, 04:33 PM
Wow! I hope your day gets better, SOON

crawfish
10/30/2006, 04:36 PM
Man...you seem tense. You should take a vacation day.

StoopTroup
10/30/2006, 04:36 PM
Wow...

You had to work an hour and half.

Rough.

Penguin
10/30/2006, 04:43 PM
There sure is a lot of hostility in that post.

Mjcpr
10/30/2006, 04:43 PM
I think he's about to go banker on them.

Osce0la
10/30/2006, 04:53 PM
Wow...

You had to work an hour and half.

Rough.
No, I had to work an extra hour and 30 minutes :mad:

;)

BlondeSoonerGirl
10/30/2006, 04:56 PM
Just have PQ sift through all your emails, print off the important ones for you, get you some coffee and rub your feet.

That's what I do, anyway...

yermom
10/30/2006, 04:58 PM
i literally thought i might find feces on my desk from returning after taking Friday off

mdklatt
10/30/2006, 05:01 PM
i literally thought i might find feces on my desk from returning after taking Friday off

http://www.careerbuilder.com/tv/Default.aspx

mdklatt
10/30/2006, 05:02 PM

Jim Halpert is quite the kidder, isn't he?

NormanPride
10/30/2006, 05:03 PM

http://www.dhadm.com/images/uploads/careerbuilder_monkey.jpg

:confused: :confused:

EDIT: mdk already got it, but I like my post better. SO THERE. :mad:

yermom
10/30/2006, 05:03 PM
heh, no for revenge

i took Friday off to go to the Mizzou game, my coworkers worked until 5AM patching :D

NormanPride
10/30/2006, 05:09 PM
heh, no for revenge

i took Friday off to go to the Mizzou game, my coworkers worked until 5AM patching :D

Dude, that vacation time is the MOST sweet, for all the crap that you got to miss. :D

I hope my honeymoon is during a major release, so I don't have to get up at 1 AM for that crap.

Osce0la
10/30/2006, 05:10 PM
It's be one thing if this was the only time she messed something up on my off day, but it is every single time I take a day off...

EVERY.

SINGLE.

TIME.

When I took my week vacation I got back to find out they had 4 trades the previous week that had rejected because she did something wrong, and then she had 3 more trades from that Friday the rejected (and since those 3 settled on Monday, I had to fix them). She ran this desk before I was moved over here, so I can't figure out why she doesn't know how to do any of this. It isn't hard.

This is the same woman that had to take her son to the doctor because he was sick...She left at 10:00 that morning and said she probably wouldn't be back (and of course she didn't come back). Then her husband had to leave work early one day because their power had gone out at home and her kids were scared (in the middle of the afternoon, sun still up). Then she had to leave one day because her son had been in a wreck, her husband told her their son was fine she doesn't need to leave work - so she takes the rest of the day off (this was at about 8:30 in the morning)...Her son is 17 years old. Why does a 17 year old need his mom to stay home when he is sick, why does a 17 year old need his mom to take off work because he was in a wreck, is ok, and already has his dad there, why does a 17 year old need his parents because the power is out during the day and he is scared?

Partial Qualifier
10/30/2006, 05:11 PM
Just have PQ sift through all your emails, print off the important ones for you, get you some coffee and rub your feet.

That's what I do, anyway...

Oh, I'll sift through yer emails alright.. :mad:

Petro-Sooner
10/30/2006, 05:15 PM
When I took my week vacation I got back to find out they had 4 trades the previous week that had rejected because she did something wrong, and then she had 3 more trades from that Friday the rejected (and since those 3 settled on Monday, I had to fix them). She ran this desk before I was moved over here, so I can't figure out why she doesn't know how to do any of this. It isn't hard.

This is the same woman that had to take her son to the doctor because he was sick...She left at 10:00 that morning and said she probably wouldn't be back (and of course she didn't come back). Then her husband had to leave work early one day because their power had gone out at home and her kids were scared (in the middle of the afternoon, sun still up). Then she had to leave one day because her son had been in a wreck, her husband told her their son was fine she doesn't need to leave work - so she takes the rest of the day off (this was at about 8:30 in the morning)...Her son is 17 years old. Why does a 17 year old need his mom to stay home when he is sick, why does a 17 year old need his mom to take off work because he was in a wreck, is ok, and already has his dad there, why does a 17 year old need his parents because the power is out during the day and he is scared?

Amasing.

Simplly amasing. I swear when I get older I'm becoming a hermit so I dont have to be around these people. Or I should say most people. :texan:

yermom
10/30/2006, 05:16 PM
just have kids. then you have an excuse to leave work whenever you want ;)

crawfish
10/30/2006, 05:27 PM
Oh, I'll sift through yer emails alright.. :mad:

I'll give ya 5 bucks to post 'em on the SO... :hot: