PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech/tejas question: Late in the 4th

OK2LA
10/30/2006, 02:13 PM
The FIRST of the two 4th down conversion attempts. The guy gets REALLY close to the mark - they put the ball down . . . . . you can see that it's pretty close, but the first down marker is about 8 feet away. The friggin announcers (I think it's Davie) are talking about the friggin yellow line, and the player not getting near the yellow line. [Am I the only one that notices that MOST of the time that they put that yellow line down - it's about a foot or so LONG - maybe about the size of a hash mark?] The officials NEVER MEASURED. (that I saw) They immediately went to the "play is being reviewed upstairs" shiot. It took a few minutes, and they stated - "the ruling on the field stands". What in the name of Spike Dykes was the ruling on the field!?!?! "The ruling on the field is Close"

THEY NEVER MEASURED!!!! Did anyone even notice this? They didn't say a thing about it on t.v. - I was jumping up and down like a 3rd grader that dropped his popsicle.

Who's with me?

Can't believe that I'm talking about Texas Tech getting jobbed out of a supposed call . . . hehe

Also that high powered offense was shut the fawk out in the second half. Kick a couple of FG's and you likely will pull the upset.

MiccoMacey
10/30/2006, 02:16 PM
Had it been any team OTHER than TTech, I might care.

But they can all collectively rot.

KingDavid
10/30/2006, 02:17 PM
When you have a squad that needs to line up in a shot gun formation to get 12 inches on fourth down . . .you are doomed.

The minute they lined up Harrell under center, we all knew:

A) He was going to try to get it with a sneak. And
B) That they were going to get stuffed.

OK2LA
10/30/2006, 05:46 PM
When you have a squad that needs to line up in a shot gun formation to get 12 inches on fourth down . . .you are doomed.

The minute they lined up Harrell under center, we all knew:

A) He was going to try to get it with a sneak. And
B) That they were going to get stuffed.

That was the SECOND 4th down play - & yes, I agree. I'm talking about the one before that - a previous series - I think it was a pass play, and then kid caught the ball right at the marker, and had the ball resting on/over his left shoulder right at the marker . . .

sooner518
10/30/2006, 06:13 PM
last year against us, they got enough fake yardage on one 4th down play to last them a few seasons.

if you cant get 4th and inches, you dont deserve to win. i didnt feel that the spot on the 3rd and 15 play was that bad

OK2LA
10/30/2006, 07:47 PM
last year against us, they got enough fake yardage on one 4th down play to last them a few seasons.

if you cant get 4th and inches, you dont deserve to win. i didnt feel that the spot on the 3rd and 15 play was that bad

Did you see them measure?!? That's the point I'm trying to make. I am not a closet tech fan - I could give two shiits about them, but the point I'm making is the error in officiating. It doesn't matter if it helped/hurt them. I think that they should've measured. I'm surprised that Leach didn't make more of a stink over it.

At any rate - sounds like I was the only one who noticed - so no worries.

utex74
10/30/2006, 09:53 PM
Had it been any team OTHER than TTech, I might care.

But they can all collectively rot.

After your game there last year Tech has the least standing to bitch about a spot. That said, it looked short to me. Of course. ;)

bluedogok
10/30/2006, 10:11 PM
My wife is a Tech grad and former football official, she didn't think they got jobbed too much in that game, but she expected the inevitible second half collapse.