PDA

View Full Version : Apparently now a busted lip...

tbl
10/30/2006, 02:01 PM
is on par with playing with a broken bone. I've seen a couple of reports about Colt McCoy rallying the longwhorns, despite having a busted lip.

What an animal!!! :rolleyes:

"Even nursing a busted lip, McCoy responded with a dramatic comeback that boosted the Longhorns to a wild 35-31 victory."
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/gamedayFinal?page=gamedayFinal9&campaign=rss&source=NCFHeadlines

Widescreen
10/30/2006, 02:04 PM
When they interviewed him on the field after the game he mentioned his split lip. I didn't realize getting a cut in football was a big deal. Apparently it is.

MiccoMacey
10/30/2006, 02:09 PM
Think about it for a second. He has to call the plays. He has to use his LIPS to call the plays.

I can think of only one or two other injuries worse than a split lip for a QB. And one of them involves the use of a chainsaw, so I think we're safe on that one.

Back off, man. Just back off.

n8v_ndn
10/30/2006, 02:13 PM
He made such a big deal out of it in the postgame onfield interview :rolleyes:

I was thinking, 'WTF horn, it's not even bleeding.' I was nursing a bleeding scratch from pulling weeds, I wasn't playing it up.

Ash
10/30/2006, 02:21 PM
um...the busted lip story was a cover.

Remember Mack's herp?

OklahomaRed
10/30/2006, 02:25 PM
My theory? Not a busted lip at all, but a cover story to conceal his herpes from making out with Mac Brown. Someone should have told him that active cases of herpes are contagious! :D

OUDoc
10/30/2006, 02:26 PM
Think about it for a second. He has to call the plays. He has to use his LIPS to call the plays.

I can think of only one or two other injuries worse than a split lip for a QB. And one of them involves the use of a chainsaw, so I think we're safe on that one.

Back off, man. Just back off.
Paper cut is the other. Man, those sting!

Ash
10/30/2006, 02:27 PM
My theory? Not a busted lip at all, but a cover story to conceal his herpes from making out with Mac Brown. Someone should have told him that active cases of herpes are contagious! :D

Is there an echo in this thread?;)

BIG_IKE
10/30/2006, 03:00 PM
Yeah...my first thought was he was having a night of tonsil licking and heavy petting the night before with MAck.

Now, if his teeth start turning yellow we know Malcolm and Clappy the Hampster were necking this Fall.

He is acually doing 300 times better than I thought he would.It's hard not to like the kid, but even harder not to pick on him.

Ash
10/30/2006, 03:07 PM
Yeah...my first thought was he was having a night of tonsil licking and heavy petting the night before with MAck.

Now, if his teeth start turning yellow we know Malcolm and Clappy the Hampster were necking this Fall.

He is acually doing 300 times better than I thought he would.It's hard not to like the kid, but even harder not to pick on him.

Clappy the Hamster!2!!1@

ROTFLMAO!

Colt plays smarter than a RSfrosh. He's not lighting up the world but makes plays and doesn't do the foolish noobery expected from someone with little experience.

BIG_IKE
10/30/2006, 03:17 PM
Yeah, he is actually on the verge of breaking several UT single season records and a few national freshman records.

Me and my brothers have been calling Mack ..Clappy The Hampster for some time now. I don't know though...I noticed MAlcolm's lip...and he claps alot too I noticed...

They definently have exchanged bodily fluids.

Ash
10/30/2006, 03:20 PM
Yeah, he is actually on the verge of breaking several UT single season records and a few national freshman records.

Me and my brothers have been calling Mack ..Clappy The Hampster for some time now. I don't know though...I noticed MAlcolm's lip...and he claps alot too I noticed...

They definently have exchanged bodily fluids.

Didn't mean to imply that he's not putting up numbers, but he's gone about it kinda quietly.

BIG_IKE
10/30/2006, 03:34 PM
Yeah, it's been pretty quiet except for those announcers who were manlusting for him. But apparently if he gets 3 more TD passes he will have the UT All-Time single season record. He already has the TD's in a game record.

but who care's about a lip? AD busted his HEAD open and kept truckin vs. Oregon last year!!!

sooner94
10/30/2006, 03:39 PM
Colt was showboating on the play when he split his lip. How come no one is talking about that?! Bastard media!!!

TexasBoomer
10/30/2006, 06:28 PM
You guys have to remember, his girl friend, who is still in HS, was at the game. To have a cut lip is a big deal, at least for me it would be, slows down the smooching some.

MarylandSooner
10/30/2006, 07:32 PM
Is McCoy Mack's new love child?

Vince, where have you gone.

goingoneight
10/30/2006, 09:20 PM
Colt was showboating on the play when he split his lip. How come no one is talking about that?! Bastard media!!!

Yeah, wasn't the game put away already anyway???

the_ouskull
10/30/2006, 10:15 PM
Well, if he follows in the tradition of Tejas QB's past, Colt will probably get an M.B.B.F.F. tattoo on his lower leg.

the_ouskull