PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Chuck! (cont.)

soonerboy_odanorth
10/30/2006, 12:35 PM
CAL POLY - 16
San Diego State - 14

(Color me glad-he's-gone.... I was when he left, and am even moreso now.)

TheHumanAlphabet
10/30/2006, 12:40 PM
Cal Poly Mustangs (1-AA) beat the 1-A Aztecs. I wonder about Chuck...

n8v_ndn
10/30/2006, 02:17 PM
Man...this is from the San Diego newspaper:

Though it would appear San Diego State's headlong run into ruin is already nearing maximum velocity, coach Chuck Long is preparing to loosen his grip on the reins.

Long, who admitted that conservative play-calling did little to help the cause offensively in Saturday's 16-14 loss to Division I-AA Cal Poly, said yesterday that such an approach is unlikely to surface again this season.

“I look at some of the things I did or didn't do, and a couple times we should have probably gone for it on fourth down, I just felt like our defense was playing well enough to win the game. Let's punt it away and hopefully (Cal Poly) will make a mistake...Looking back on it, though, I probably did get conservative, a little too tight.”

The_Red_Patriot
10/30/2006, 03:33 PM
THE CREATOR OF THE PREVENT OFFENSE!

OKC-SLC
10/30/2006, 09:42 PM
the Prevent Offense is humming when you lose when Cal Poly scores 16.

KStatePike
10/31/2006, 12:12 AM
don't forget guys, our former OC and DC are there with him. Nobody in Manhattan is shedding any tears that they are gone.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/31/2006, 02:32 AM
THE CREATOR OF THE PREVENT OFFENSE!

Sorry, that honor stays with Kelvin Sampson.

SoonerTerry
10/31/2006, 05:22 AM
Man...this is from the San Diego newspaper:

[I]Though it would appear San Diego State's headlong run into ruin is already nearing maximum velocity, coach Chuck Long is preparing to loosen his grip on the reins.

I]

...OUCH...:pop: