PDA

View Full Version : A ? for those of you with good taste in stoneware

MamaMia
10/30/2006, 11:18 AM
I have now given away, to members of my offspring, both sets of my stoneware. My son had nothing to eat on, so I gave him mine. Now, he and my granddaughter will have a part of our home with them at meal time. It was a little worn, but he was happy to get it. :)

Now I'm in the market for some new. Any suggestions? I have a Tuscany style bungalow home. Oh, by the way, I did get the new tile of which I had asked your advice. They had some right here in town. I got the Interceramic, porcelain Kashmir/Jaipur Red. I don't know why they call it red, because its a mixture of browns, dark golds and medium mauves. The installer and his nephew have been getting the floor ready to lay it, on and off the past week or so. From what I understand, the tile guy is slow but good. :D

I went with a porcelain that looks like stone. Thank you so much for your help. I'm so happy I took your advice and stayed away from the real slate. Even though the cost was the same, the ongoing expense of having to have it I could have it treated would have been too much for my pocketbook. :eek:

There is alot left to be done. After we here at SO are all finished, I will post pictures of our completed home project. The roof and guttering are next. ;)

picasso
10/30/2006, 11:20 AM
Frankhoma all the way.

Jimminy Crimson
10/30/2006, 11:50 AM
Can't ever go wrong with a set of Fiestaware.