PDA

View Full Version : For the record: After your kids grow-up, Hallowe'en loses its sparkle.

Okla-homey
10/30/2006, 10:25 AM
I miss that little kid runnin' around the house in her costume for days in advance, gigglin' and prancing in anticipation.

If your children are still that age, enjoy it people. It will be over in a flash.:(

picasso
10/30/2006, 10:29 AM
sounds like it's time to get out the sailor and hooker costumes for the Homey couple.:D

Viking Kitten
10/30/2006, 10:46 AM
I miss that little kid runnin' around the house in her costume for days in advance, gigglin' and prancing in anticipation.

If your children are still that age, enjoy it people. It will be over in a flash.:(

We love Halloween. We enjoy every minute of it and try not to take it for granted. Especially the whole "stealing the Fun-Sized Snickers out of their treat bag after the go to sleep thing."

Don't judge me, people.

OhU1
10/30/2006, 10:46 AM
I hide with all the lights out to fool kids into thinking no one is home. :)

How about the sparkle you get when the groups of 14 year olds are still out ringing your door bell after 9 PM?

Pricetag
10/30/2006, 10:50 AM
Especially the whole "stealing the Fun-Sized Snickers out of their treat bag after the go to sleep thing."
Is it just me, or have the fun size bars gotten smaller this year? The length is the same, but they don't have the same girth as they used to.

JohnnyMack
10/30/2006, 10:50 AM
Especially the whole "stealing the Fun-Sized Snickers out of their treat bag after the go to sleep thing."

Don't judge me, people.

My mom did it to me, I will do the same to my son. It's the way of the world.

Somebody play "Circle of Life".

picasso
10/30/2006, 10:53 AM
Is it just me, or have the fun size bars gotten smaller this year? The length is the same, but they don't have the same girth as they used to.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Pricetag
10/30/2006, 11:09 AM
Seriously. They used to be as big around as a regular bar, and now they're not. They aren't much bigger around than the little bite-sized thingies.

picasso
10/30/2006, 11:18 AM
Seriously. They used to be as big around as a regular bar, and now they're not. They aren't much bigger around than the little bite-sized thingies.
which is less...um...satisfying?

Fugue
10/30/2006, 11:19 AM
i enjoyed every minuite of it yesterday until i got whacked in the kneecap by a nunchuck. Perhaps the ninja costume was a poor idea. :P

picasso
10/30/2006, 11:23 AM
we ate lunch at the Brook Saturday in Tulsa and watch the Zourrah game.
the help there was in costume. one fella was a terrorist, beard, rag, robe, AK-47 around his shoulder. the best was a bald fella who was a catholic priest with flies on his head. I immediately said "amityville horror!":D

TUSooner
10/30/2006, 12:00 PM

Stop it, you sentimental old poop. ;)
You're adding to my problem. I'm already about to have a preliminary empty nest meltdown over my oldest "Daddy's Girl" fixin to graduate from HS and go off to college somewhere. She thinks I can't wait to get her out of the house, and she doesn't believe me when I tell her I'm gonna cry like a baby when she leaves. <sniff> :(

Jimminy Crimson
10/30/2006, 12:06 PM
Oh, the kids are still dressing up and going out, the costumes just aren't as family friendly. ;)

Happy Halloween, Homes!

bri
10/30/2006, 12:13 PM
Happy Whoreoween!!!! :D

BeetDigger
10/30/2006, 12:30 PM
Thanks for brining me down Homey. I am enjoying the hell out of everything with my kids right now, but I already can see the day when this isn't meaningful to them. I have to admit, I get choked up when I see the Toy Story 2 scene with the Sarah Mac song about the girl growing up. I look at my eight year old daughter and realize that she is only going to be playing with dolls and toys for another couple of years.

Okla-homey
10/30/2006, 12:45 PM
Dood,

There's this song currently in heavy rotation on the country stations called, "I Loved Her First." Its about a dad who is giving his daughter away at her wedding. It makes me sad.

I would have added a verse, that if you hurt her, I will rip out your liver and happily go to jail for it.

:(

picasso
10/30/2006, 01:01 PM
Dood,

There's this song currently in heavy rotation on the country stations called, "I Loved Her First." Its about a dad who is giving his daughter away at her wedding. It makes me sad.

I would have added a verse, that if you hurt her, I will rip out your liver and happily go to jail for it.

:(
umm correct me if i'm wrong but isn't nearly every country song a tear jerking wanna drink me some sorry assed beer sounding song?

bri
10/30/2006, 03:23 PM
Oh, SNAP! Take THAT, Barrel Of Fish!!

Howzit
10/30/2006, 03:32 PM
I remember the Halloween when Jr was 2, we dressed her up as a dalmation - I think it was the year the 101 Dalmations movie came out. We took her over to grandma's to show her the costume, and she had a neighbor that raised Dalmations, so naturally we had to go show them.

We ring the doorbell at the neighbor's house, and since their kids were grown and out of the house they ooh'd and ah'd and made a fuss and insisted we come in to get pictures with their dogs. Jr is toddling in, and here comes these two or three huge dalmations, so Mrs neighbor says "SIT!"

Of course, the only one that sat was Jr, right on cue. Damn video camera's never going when you need it.

I think this Hallowen Jr is the 'Hope is Emo' chick. Unintentionally...

:mad:

bri
10/30/2006, 03:35 PM
Heh...blunt force head trauma from her fall has made her a sad panda? ;)

Howzit
10/30/2006, 03:37 PM
Heh...blunt force head trauma from her fall has made her a sad panda? ;)

Nah...she was emo-esque-ing way before one-handed-handstands.

frankensooner
10/30/2006, 03:55 PM
I love Halloween, but the wife hates it, we lost a pregnancy on halloween and her dad died on halloween. :( A double downer for her.

BlondeSoonerGirl
10/30/2006, 04:25 PM
I love Halloween, but the wife hates it, we lost a pregnancy on halloween and her dad died on halloween. :( A double downer for her.

Okay...I'll ask...

Is this why you picked 'frankensooner' for a handle?

Fugue
10/30/2006, 04:34 PM
Okay...I'll ask...

Is this why you picked 'frankensooner' for a handle?

maybe he's tall and green.

bri
10/30/2006, 04:40 PM
Nah...she was emo-esque-ing way before one-handed-handstands.

The best way to break emo kids of the habit is to keep telling them that they're actually wearing navy blue, not black, and that all the REAL emo kids will laugh at them.

Well, you know, not laugh, since they're emo. But, you know, they'll cry with that snide sneer.

frankensooner
10/30/2006, 05:02 PM
Oh, in college my nickname was franken(insert my last name). For my soonerfans handle I changed it to frankensooner to protect the innocent.

frankensooner
10/30/2006, 05:03 PM
And yes, I am tall and green, and have bolts protruding from my neck, thus the nickname.

BlondeSoonerGirl
10/30/2006, 05:03 PM
Ahhh - just checking. And sorry about all the bad Halloween happnin's for you and yours.

StoopTroup
10/30/2006, 05:16 PM
We've had to buy candy twice now.

I think we'll need to make another run before it's all over.

bri
10/30/2006, 05:53 PM
:les: LEAVE THE CANDY ALONE, FATTY MCBUTTERPANTS!!!!!!!

hurricane'bone
10/30/2006, 05:56 PM
Oh, the kids are still dressing up and going out, the costumes just aren't as family friendly. ;)

Happy Halloween, Homes!

Yeah, I think Halloween gains its sparkle after you leave for college.

Sooner_Bob
10/30/2006, 05:58 PM
We'll be carvin' the punkins around our place tonight . . . :D

BeetDigger
10/30/2006, 06:02 PM
We'll be carvin' the punkins around our place tonight . . . :D

So that's what you kids are calling it these days. :texan:

bri
10/30/2006, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I think Halloween gains its sparkle after you leave for college.

The sparkle, of course, is from the body glitter that Daddy's Little Angel uses to round out the bra and short skirt she calls a "costume".

I LOVE WHOREOWEEN!!! :D

Sooner_Bob
10/30/2006, 06:12 PM
So that's what you kids are calling it these days. :texan:

Oh it's rollin' baby . . . it's rollin' . . . ;)

bri
10/30/2006, 06:18 PM
Dude, that was LAST week. Get with the program.

Sooner_Bob
10/30/2006, 06:24 PM
My bad.

bri
10/30/2006, 06:50 PM
That's cool. Just, you know, DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN! :D

hurricane'bone
10/30/2006, 07:52 PM
The sparkle, of course, is from the body glitter that Daddy's Little Angel uses to round out the bra and short skirt she calls a "costume".

I LOVE WHOREOWEEN!!! :D

Hell Ya!

I'm gonna peem you a pic from a party this weekend.

bri
10/30/2006, 08:13 PM
Said pic makes me angry all over again that my bitch-*ss immune system succumbed to the common cold and pooch-screwed my own plans with sexy, slutty Whoreoween party girls. :mad: