PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Reid for '07 Heisman,WTF?

stoopified
10/30/2006, 10:20 AM
This is obviously a Cowpuke wetdream as related by Blevins on the Blitz last night.One good game against a fringe Top 25 team and the ignorant masses of Neon Orange are in Dreamworld.Lets see how they against the Longhorns and then the SOONERS,shall we agroids before anointing Reid as H-Man? Just IMHO.

Scott D
10/30/2006, 10:23 AM
you and Deano apparently didn't get the memo that the 2006 - 2009 Heismans are all going to Adarius Bowman...there's no reason to even play football the next four years.

Mjcpr
10/30/2006, 10:25 AM
you and Deano apparently didn't get the memo that the 2006 - 2009 Heismans are all going to Adarius Bowman...there's no reason to even play football the next four years.

If that's their WR guy, he's already talked of going pro after this year.

Scott D
10/30/2006, 10:26 AM
yeah I see he's a junior.

What does it say about your judgement when you go from North Carolina to Poke State....He'll probably get Master P. as his agent and sign the same kind of rookie deal as Ricky Williams.

picasso
10/30/2006, 10:39 AM
they can't give it to Nefarious next year. he's a goin pro.

Scott D
10/30/2006, 10:42 AM
yes yes pic, pat and I already discussed that part.

picasso
10/30/2006, 10:43 AM
yes yes pic, pat and I already discussed that part.
hahaha, I missed it! this thread being so long and all.:D

crawfish
10/30/2006, 11:08 AM
Reid's a pretty good QB. Better than Thompson.

picasso
10/30/2006, 11:10 AM
Reid's a pretty good QB. Better than Thompson.
yes he is, which makes him a Heisman candidate. no doubt.

soonerlaw
10/30/2006, 12:38 PM
I love the way he takes it personally when opposing teams blitz him.... they should hand him the Heisman just for that.

toast
10/30/2006, 03:21 PM
Passing stats

Reid 94/157 59.87% 7 int 1,616 yds 19 td

Thompson 120/197 60.91% 5 int 1,566 yds 13 td

The_Red_Patriot
10/30/2006, 03:26 PM
Well, Traber did just compare Bobby Reid to Vince Young.

:eek:

Echoes
10/30/2006, 03:26 PM
I was pretty impressed by Reid Saturday, unfortunately.

starrca23
10/30/2006, 03:30 PM
Does anyone other than me think Nebraska is the most overrated team in college football. Z. Taylor is not very accurate and the defense should wear pink shirts instead of black and their coach has more mouth than brains.

wishbonesooner
10/30/2006, 03:37 PM
Reid is a good QB, but I wonder how he will react to a helmet in his face a few times? He missed half a game against aTm from a hit my mother could have shaken off.

poke4christ
10/30/2006, 04:17 PM
Reid is a good QB, but I wonder how he will react to a helmet in his face a few times? He missed half a game against aTm from a hit my mother could have shaken off.

Not really, take a look at the video. His head hits the turf pretty hard. Then he comes back next week and helps hang 41 on the huskers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-xW3nDDYpc

Zach

Rocker
10/30/2006, 04:20 PM
Heisman? OH OK!

Scott D
10/30/2006, 04:22 PM
Does anyone other than me think Nebraska is the most overrated team in college football. Z. Taylor is not very accurate and the defense should wear pink shirts instead of black and their coach has more mouth than brains.

no, there is still this school in South Bend, Indiana that wears either white or blue or god awful green jersies with gold helemts and gold pants that is the most overrated team in college football.

OSUAggie
10/30/2006, 04:28 PM
@ what point does OSU's offense get credit instead of the latest team on which they run up and down the field gets labeled as overrated or soft defensively? IF OSU takes it to the TU defense this week, will it be b/c their D is 112th in the country against the pass?

Something strange thus far, OU and OSU have 0 common opponents 8 games into the year... .

toast
10/30/2006, 04:46 PM
@ what point does OSU's offense get credit instead of the latest team on which they run up and down the field gets labeled as overrated or soft defensively? IF OSU takes it to the TU defense this week, will it be b/c their D is 112th in the country against the pass?

Something strange thus far, OU and OSU have 0 common opponents 8 games into the year... .

:rolleyes:

osu's offense has been receiving props all year, it's your defense that has been slammed (and rightly so).

one of the reasons we don't have common opponents is because OU doesn't schedule 3 division 1-AA teams for its non-conference schedule.

Doged
10/30/2006, 04:52 PM

When they post a 10 win season? Or just beat a quality opponent on the road. Beating one of their two quality opponents so far helps, but losing at Houston and at KState says the Neb win was a fluke. "Running up and down the field" with some real OOC opponents thrown in would be helpful, too. Beating saxet would be a good start toward credibility, but I don't see that happening.

That is kinda' bizarre this late in the season.

OSUAggie
10/30/2006, 05:29 PM
When they post a 10 win season? Or just beat a quality opponent on the road. Beating one of their two quality opponents so far helps, but losing at Houston and at KState says the Neb win was a fluke. "Running up and down the field" with some real OOC opponents thrown in would be helpful, too. Beating saxet would be a good start toward credibility, but I don't see that happening.

OU gave up over 500 yards to Oregon and got beat.... They gave up almost 30 points to Texas and got beat... Does that mean their D is horrible??? No, they've improved since the UO game, so objective people can ignore the early season lapses... OSU has improved since the Houston and K-State games, but people can't look past those early season blunders???

yeah, stoops only schedules "bowl teams" like MTSU, Washington, Oregon and UAB.... My point is this.. Washington is not very good (lost 4 straight and a losing record), but when OU beats them, well, Washington is much improved from the past.... UAB is God-awful, but all we heard was, wow, UAB will really beat some people this year... so far they've lost to powerhouses Rice, Mississippi State and Marshall... MTSU, nobody really gloated about that one.... Oregon, yeah, they're fun, but ... you lost... well, kinda, but you still lost.. OU has beaten 2 teams with a winning record this year (Mizzou, MTSU)... OSU has beaten 2 teams with a winning record (Nebraska, Ark. State).... So, the wins haven't really been all that impressive for either team, thus far... I think both teams have a chance to prove a lot this weekend, while OU has a much better chance @ victory.... But don't give me this "OSU hasn't beaten anyone" rhetoric when OU hasn't really either.....

IB4OU2
10/30/2006, 05:47 PM
OU gave up over 500 yards to Oregon and got beat.... They gave up almost 30 points to Texas and got beat... Does that mean their D is horrible??? No, they've improved since the UO game, so objective people can ignore the early season lapses... OSU has improved since the Houston and K-State games, but people can't look past those early season blunders???

yeah, stoops only schedules "bowl teams" like MTSU, Washington, Oregon and UAB.... My point is this.. Washington is not very good (lost 4 straight and a losing record), but when OU beats them, well, Washington is much improved from the past.... UAB is God-awful, but all we heard was, wow, UAB will really beat some people this year... so far they've lost to powerhouses Rice, Mississippi State and Marshall... MTSU, nobody really gloated about that one.... Oregon, yeah, they're fun, but ... you lost... well, kinda, but you still lost.. OU has beaten 2 teams with a winning record this year (Mizzou, MTSU)... OSU has beaten 2 teams with a winning record (Nebraska, Ark. State).... So, the wins haven't really been all that impressive for either team, thus far... I think both teams have a chance to prove a lot this weekend, while OU has a much better chance @ victory.... But don't give me this "OSU hasn't beaten anyone" rhetoric when OU hasn't really either.....

Who left the barn door open again? :mad:

dougsooner
10/30/2006, 05:47 PM
Div II face slap, that's just funny stuff....

sooneron
10/30/2006, 06:26 PM
This is going to be fun. I love it when pukes grace our board to display some aggy logic. Here goes
OU gave up over 500 yards to Oregon and got beat....
NO, we got the L, but not beat, we did enought to win and the refs and our little brother sees otherwise. If you can't figure that out, you should smack your parents.

They gave up almost 30 points to Texas and got beat...

Uh, no. We gave up a whopping 230 yards to texas and gave up 21 points. It is now apparent you paid NO attention to even the highlights of the game.

Does that mean their D is horrible??? No, they've improved since the UO game, so objective people can ignore the early season lapses...

Like I said, 230 yards to texas. Lapses? I see two, but we only got an L for one of them- oregon - UAB was the first game of the year, while you guys were playing a glorified high school.

OSU has improved since the Houston and K-State games, but people can't look past those early season blunders???

Blunders AND losses against crappy to painfully average teams

yeah, stoops only schedules "bowl teams" like MTSU, Washington, Oregon and UAB....

At least they're D1!

My point is this.. Washington is not very good (lost 4 straight and a losing record),

Maybe losing their starting qb had something to do with that.

but when OU beats them, well, Washington is much improved from the past....
As many (press) had said that Willingham had begun implementing improvement in his second year, now not so much with their qb that was most of their offensive output. We weren't the only ones that were impressed with what UW was doing early.

UAB is God-awful, but all we heard was, wow, UAB will really beat some people this year... so far they've lost to powerhouses Rice, Mississippi State and Marshall...

UAB came out and executed a gamplan that no one had seen or had an inkling of. After the first game, pople saw what they did and can plan for it. This is pretty simple, really. Sorry it's lost on you.

MTSU, nobody really gloated about that one....

They have a winning record and played Louisville very tough.

Oregon, yeah, they're fun, but ... you lost... well, kinda, but you still lost..

Winning record and on the fringe of the top 25

OU has beaten 2 teams with a winning record this year (Mizzou, MTSU)...

WRONG!

OSU has beaten 2 teams with a winning record (Nebraska, Ark. State).... So, the wins haven't really been all that impressive for either team, thus far...

Arkie state, that's cute.

I think both teams have a chance to prove a lot this weekend, while OU has a much better chance @ victory.... But don't give me this "OSU hasn't beaten anyone" rhetoric when OU hasn't really either.....

85sooners
10/30/2006, 07:02 PM

Something strange thus far, OU and OSU have 0 common opponents 8 games into the year... .http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/paul--moore/mcdo7447-OSUSucks.jpg

Echoes
10/30/2006, 07:10 PM

one of the reasons we don't have common opponents is because OU doesn't schedule 3 division 1-AA teams for its non-conference schedule.

Ownage. Bigtime. I can understand maybe scrambling for an opponent, not being able to find one, and having to go down to D2 once. But three D2 oppponents? Thats a joke man, seriously.

goingoneight
10/30/2006, 08:19 PM
Passing stats

Reid 94/157 59.87% 7 int 1,616 yds 19 td

Thompson 120/197 60.91% 5 int 1,566 yds 13 td

Tell me how many ranked defenses they've played against...

No... ranked 111th doesn't count... ENA is better, people are just drinking the agroid Kool-aid trying to stir up some love for a program who can fill 43000 seats at home... I can't tell you how Reid will progress, but I can tell you his backups play on an even level with him, Pena and Robinson, that is...

orangekaje
10/30/2006, 09:19 PM
Did somebody say Heisman?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0610/cfb.top25.week9/content.14.html

Looks like he's got it down. :)

sooner518
10/30/2006, 09:22 PM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0610/cfb.top25.week9/content.14.html

got what down? Losing to Houston?

usmc-sooner
10/30/2006, 09:55 PM
not that I've gone aggie but I sure wish we landed Reid over Bomar

sooneron
10/30/2006, 10:10 PM

14 out of 18? at least these pukes know their place. With the exception of wrasslin, some roundball, golf and barrel racing, that's where they belong.

picasso
10/30/2006, 10:18 PM
got what down? Losing to Kansas State?

fixed.

sooneron
10/30/2006, 10:34 PM
I just went through osu's schedule game by game and Reid's numbers aren't even heisman in the same breath mention worthy. He only had two games where he accounted for more than 300 yards - passing/rushing.

85sooners
10/30/2006, 10:43 PM

Looks like he's got it down. :) who is #14:confused:

Phil
10/31/2006, 11:29 AM
Forget Reid for Heisman, how about T. Boone's boy for federal prison?

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=2616887&page=1

Scott D
10/31/2006, 11:45 AM
there goes that new wing in the Prentiss Elliott Dorm.

Luthor
10/31/2006, 11:52 AM
I love the way he takes it personally when opposing teams blitz him.... they should hand him the Heisman just for that.

If that is the case he's gonna to be madder than a wire brushed bobcat by about the 9 minute mark of the 1st qtr.

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
10/31/2006, 12:18 PM
He'd get my vote.

tommieharris91
10/31/2006, 01:28 PM

Sorry, I was too busy looking at the San Diego cheerleader montage.

picasso
10/31/2006, 01:35 PM
http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/ads1/16804.jpg

Dr. Jelly Finger
10/31/2006, 02:10 PM
http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/ads1/16804.jpg

I must find a way to turn that Ed Sutton bobblehead into a flask. Feel free to place your orders on line at www.pillpoppingbooze-a-saurus.com.

picasso
10/31/2006, 02:56 PM
"you usin the whole fist Doc?"

OSUAggie
10/31/2006, 03:43 PM
NO, we got the L, but not beat, we did enought to win and the refs and our little brother sees otherwise. If you can't figure that out, you should smack your parents.

k... however you want to justify your losses, that's fine... the refs made a call that was clearly wrong... you still had a chance to stop them, you didn't, you lost... err, got the L, whatever, I guess that's not the same thing anymore (you kinda sound like a southern aggie on that one).... same thing happened to OSU against Houston and K-State, but I'm not sitting here saying that we didn't get beat, we only got the L... b/c that's BS logic...

Uh, no. We gave up a whopping 230 yards to texas and gave up 21 points. It is now apparent you paid NO attention to even the highlights of the game.

I could've sworn the final was 28-10, as I was at the game, but maybe I'm mistaken.. I'm sure you'll come back with, "that was clearly a forward pass and the D didn't give that up and the refs screwed us again"... But I didn't really say that the D gave up nearly 30 to Texas, just that OU did, which is true....

Like I said, 230 yards to texas. Lapses? I see two, but we only got an L for one of them- oregon - UAB was the first game of the year, while you guys were playing a glorified high school.

Lapses = plural, which means more than 1... So...... sure, 2 works... yay

Blunders AND losses against crappy to painfully average teams

yeah, OSU has lost some bad games... They've also beaten just as many ranked teams as OU... so what... My argument is that neither team has proven a whole lot as of yet...

At least they're D1!

OSU and OU have played 100% of their games against D-1 teams..... One of OSU's just happened to be against a Div. 1-AA team

Maybe losing their starting qb had something to do with that.

Dumb logic... Stanback was what, 9/22 for 139 yards and 18 yards rushing... wow, that's almost as good as Poke fans that claim Reid/Bowman/anybody in orange for Heisman...

As many (press) had said that Willingham had begun implementing improvement in his second year, now not so much with their qb that was most of their offensive output. We weren't the only ones that were impressed with what UW was doing early.

Like against the likes of Fresno, UCLA and your boy Mike Stoops? World beaters.... People were impressed b/c of the pre-season perceptions that lack validity regarding every school and how good they are or are not...

UAB came out and executed a gamplan that no one had seen or had an inkling of. After the first game, pople saw what they did and can plan for it. This is pretty simple, really. Sorry it's lost on you.

yeah, that was crazy... the Veer... Nobody in Norman has ever seen that.. How the hell do you defend that anyway????

They have a winning record and played Louisville very tough.

I didn't say MTSU was awful, I just said nobody was gloating about the W against them... Kinda like no OSU fan gloats about beating Ark State, who has a winning record and plays in the same conference ...

WRONG!

hmmm.... OU has beaten ...

UAB - 3-5
Washington - 4-5
MTSU - 5-3 1!!!!!!
Iowa State - 3-6
Colorado - 1-8
Mizzou - 7-2 2!!!!!!!!!

so...... 1 + 1 = ... carry the 5, ... umm.... 2?

Arkie State, that's cute
I could not count 'Arkie State' and say OSU has beaten 1 team with a winning record... but then while we're at not counting sun belt teams, I guess that W against MTSU has to go too... then you're down to 1 as well... cute.

picasso
10/31/2006, 04:04 PM
dude, you've put too much time and thought into a losing argument.

stoopified
10/31/2006, 11:18 PM
dude, you've put too much time and thought into a losing argument.
Amen brother but what can you expect from a team that has i Heisman in their history and now claims 2 Heisman candidates.Like all cowpuke fair weather fans he will simply disappear after we kick their butts AGAIN.The famous Cowpuke battlecry WAIT TIL RASSLIN SEASON will ring out as they vanish back into the abyss.

OUster
11/1/2006, 12:29 AM
@ what point does OSU's offense get credit instead of the latest team on which they run up and down the field gets labeled as overrated or soft defensively?

At the point when that question isn't asked on this board...

All_Day_28
11/1/2006, 12:37 AM
Have these people forgotten that you have to go undefeated to win a heisman?? it will NEVER happen for the aggies..

Sooner_Havok
11/1/2006, 12:43 AM
OSU and OU have played 100% of their games against D-1 teams..... One of OSU's just happened to be against a Div. 1-AA team

Ok, so OU is still the only team in the Big 12 to play a full Div-1A schedule. But I was wondering....has your idiot Gundy never heard of defense?

Fraggle145
11/1/2006, 01:33 AM
I'm Gay. I have a man crush on Bobby Reid. The only ag I want to study is how to make him grOW.

dude nobody likes you its ok. your school sucks at football and always will, its ok. just go away. :rolleyes:

orangekaje
11/1/2006, 01:57 AM
Ok, so OU is still the only team in the Big 12 to play a full Div-1A schedule. But I was wondering....has your idiot Gundy never heard of defense?

Our defense is starting to come around slowly but surely. Wasn't the sooner nation whining about the same thing at the beginning of the year?

Sooner_Havok
11/1/2006, 02:11 AM
Our defense is starting to come around slowly but surely. Wasn't the sooner nation whining about the same thing at the beginning of the year?

We were wondering where our D was, but that was about a month and four games ago. See, the season is more than half over, so saying your D is starting to come around at this point pretty much equates to saying "Well next year our D will be slightly above average"

P.S. Giving Up 452 yards isn't exactly a great defensive showing. (Well, outside Stoolwater it isn't good, for you guys that is pretty good I guess)

orangekaje
11/1/2006, 09:50 AM
We were wondering where our D was, but that was about a month and four games ago. See, the season is more than half over, so saying your D is starting to come around at this point pretty much equates to saying "Well next year our D will be slightly above average"

P.S. Giving Up 452 yards isn't exactly a great defensive showing. (Well, outside Stoolwater it isn't good, for you guys that is pretty good I guess)

I'm not yet a Bedford fan for the reason that our defense has looked pretty bad, but as long as we cause more 3 and outs like we did with Nebraska, I'll be satisfied. If we can just start limiting our turnovers, then those teams won't get freebie possessions and that number will start declining.

goingoneight
11/1/2006, 10:10 AM
got what down? Losing to Fran at home?

heh.

picasso
11/1/2006, 10:24 AM
ok Poke, you have no business lecturing Sooner fans on the defensive game ok? we've had some of the best defensive teams ever.

you guys? your defense sucked when you HAD a defense.

another thing. this schedule ****ing match is always a funny argument but for the heck of it let's look at the quality of team OU and oSu has lost to.

wanna go there Aggy?

orangekaje
11/1/2006, 12:59 PM
ok Poke, you have no business lecturing Sooner fans on the defensive game ok? we've had some of the best defensive teams ever.

How did I lecture you? I admitted our defense has sucked [fact], and I also admitted that Sooner fans were claiming their defense sucked earlier this year [fact] as well. They were just talking about it on the SA yesterday about Stoops' comments to the media.

another thing. this schedule ****ing match is always a funny argument but for the heck of it let's look at the quality of team OU and oSu has lost to.

wanna go there Aggy?

You must not be talking to me as I haven't mentioned anything about scheduling. Most OSU fans don't want to play anything but Div-1A teams, but considering how bad we were last year, it isn't surprising we scheduled a Div-1AA team.

sooneron
11/1/2006, 01:00 PM
Yeah, and that seems largely fixed. You allowed nebraska to score nearly more than double what they were averaging against the better teams on their schedule.

Yeah, D1 AA is the shiznit! You really showed me on that one! If you're not pumping up Reid, why are you posting in this thread?

sooneron
11/1/2006, 01:04 PM
I could've sworn the final was 28-10, as I was at the game, but maybe I'm mistaken.. I'm sure you'll come back with, "that was clearly a forward pass and the D didn't give that up and the refs screwed us again"... But I didn't really say that the D gave up nearly 30 to Texas, just that OU did, which is true....

Uh, yes you did or it was what you implied. You are either mistaken or a ****ing liar.

orangekaje
11/1/2006, 01:05 PM
Yeah, and that seems largely fixed. You allowed nebraska to score nearly more than double what they were averaging against the better teams on their schedule.

Yeah, it's obvious our offense is our strong point and our defense is our weak point. Our offense is what teams are worried about right now. We scored I believe more than triple the points what Nebraska was allowing on avg for the year. However, in our previous games our defense didn't help win us games (KState & A&M). Nebraska however they showed some improvement and that's all we can really ask for at this point.

BIG_IKE
11/1/2006, 01:10 PM
Doesnt Texas spot you guys 30 every year and then stomp a mudhole in you? I'd find a defense before Saturday Pokes! I was reading in the Houston chronicle how they have outscored you 118-0 in the last 3 years in the 2nd half....SAD

starrca23
12/19/2006, 01:17 PM
Just thought since we are all bored we would get a kick out of seeing the title of this thread again.

sooner518
12/19/2006, 01:56 PM

heh heh

picasso
12/19/2006, 02:37 PM
Heard Peppermint Patsy on the Animal yesterday talking about questions concerning Reid's toughness. Also the fact that although coaches encourage it, he doesn't like to run.

I also like the fact that we've beaten oSu for the 4th time in a row and will do so in Norman again next year, which might keep them quiet at least for a little while.

starrca23
12/19/2006, 02:41 PM
Next year they will beat another AA team and be all excited and full of hope all over again.

OUmillenium
12/19/2006, 03:01 PM
Pokers lose by 30 in Norman next year. Any takers?

JohnnyMack
12/19/2006, 03:09 PM
Pokers lose by 30 in Norman next year. Any takers?

I'll take Aggie Lite and 30 points.

starrca23
12/19/2006, 03:21 PM
All is well in Oklahoma when the game ends like it did this year. We expect Boone U to play us closer than they should, and they are content with not winning but being able to say, We sure gave you guys a scare! While all Bob cares about is a W.

dougsooner
12/19/2006, 03:36 PM
aggie lite will change helment colors, change the font on the jersey and proclaim "It's a whole new attitude!" Then proceed to lose to us by 35 in Norman next year....