PDA

View Full Version : This is what ticks me off. We should be 7-1...

Jason White's Third Knee
10/30/2006, 09:01 AM
...and if the voters would vote like they know what the hell they are talking about, we should be getting some BCS talk.

That Oregon debacle ruined us. Our team is rolling like a team. Hell, if we could hang on to the ball, we might have been able to beat texas. We're doing a great job of that now.

Yes, we deserved the texas loss, but not a 6-2 record.

VolinArizona
10/30/2006, 09:18 AM
Agreed.

The talking heads talk about SO and SO being the best 1 loss team, and OU is obviously the best 2 loss team. But ... you should be up in the top 10 with the rest of the 1 lossers.

Partial Qualifier
10/30/2006, 09:25 AM
This is why there was such outrage when it happened; we knew it would haunt us as the season drew to a close.

A playoff would fix everything.

Blues1
10/30/2006, 09:26 AM
From Another Thread I wrote......

How About This----

Northwestern Plays one for the "LATE Former COACH" and upsets Ohio State --

Then Ohio State Beats Michigan --- Now you have Both Michigan and Ohio State with a Loss.....(Ohio State in Rose Bowl vs 1 loss Cal)

Cal beats usc - (Now you have a 2 loss usc)

osu beats Texas (horns are out of National Champ Game)

West Virgina goes down to Louisville...

A&m Beats Texas - We go to Big 12 Champ Game..

We beat Neb or Mizzou in Big 12 Champ Game....and we are in a BCS Game...

Oklahoma Plays Michigan in Fiesta Bowl....and Win...!!!

We end up number 2 in the Country

Would All that Hurt You Feelings......I don't think So....!!!

You Guys gotta learn to Dream & Keep Rockin' ----- :)

hurricane'bone
10/30/2006, 09:36 AM
This is why there was such outrage when it happened; we knew it would haunt us as the season drew to a close.

No, it wouldn't...because OU wouldn't make it into a playoff.

MamaMia
10/30/2006, 09:39 AM
When I worked for other people, I would have been terminated right there on the spot for being so incompetent as to create such distress and mayhem. Not only did it dash the hopes of so many college athletes who worked all of their lives and deserved so much better for their efforts and success, but there were also hundreds of thousands of dollars involved, and yet all the Oregon refs got was a one game suspension? I just don't understand that at all.

Partial Qualifier
No, it wouldn't...because OU wouldn't make it into a playoff.

I was speaking in general terms; an early-season loss like that wouldn't hurt so much if we had a playoff.

but yes I agree, a 2-loss team probably wouldn't make a playoff anyway.

TripleOption14

Also, this is why it was soooo important to not let up on the issue when it happened. A lot of people were saying..."just get over it." That wasn't the point!!! Like the old saying goes "out of sight, out of mind" and thats exactly what has happened. EVERYONE involved in college football some way shape or form should have pressed the issue A LOT more and not let the ****** bags forget about what happened!

However, on the flip side of that coin... if OU doesn't take care of business this Saturday it won't matter much about anything!

Partial Qualifier
10/30/2006, 09:45 AM
on a side note: during the Texas-TTech game, I liked how the cameras were focused on the replay officials while they reviewed calls. EVERY camera crew needs to do this. Replay crews should never ever again feel like they can anonymously jack with games.

Blues1
10/30/2006, 09:48 AM
on a side note: during the Texas-TTech game, I liked how the cameras were focused on the replay officials while they reviewed calls. EVERY camera crew needs to do this. Replay crews should never ever again feel like they can anonymously jack with games.

Amen...!!! -- They should put a camera in the REPLAY Booth and really put the pressure on these guys ..... Wavy to the Camera GORDY....:D

R'

tbl
10/30/2006, 09:55 AM
The real solution is to make the field judge the replay official. It works like gangbusters in the NFL.

hurricane'bone
10/30/2006, 09:57 AM
Amen...!!! -- They should put a camera in the REPLAY Booth and really put the pressure on these guys ..... Wavy to the Camera GORDY....:D

R'

ESPN does.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/30/2006, 10:06 AM

Hey, didn't you get pizzed at the board and ban yourself?

Partial Qualifier
10/30/2006, 10:08 AM
please tell me you're kidding, JW3K :O

StuIsTheMan
10/30/2006, 10:17 AM

R'

As of this weekend they are doing this...every replay I saw on saturday, on every game, showed the replay fool in the booth while they were trying to make the call...

The worst thing is that I live in Oregon, even worse yet, I was born in that Lieing cheating hell hole Eugene, and last but not least I live less thatn .75 miles away from the Jerkwad "Gordo" himswelf... My life sucks, whats a good house go for in Norman anyway?

Octavian
10/30/2006, 10:48 AM
We take care of business (10-2*) and talking heads will be stating this case for us a month from now, especially now that we're getting a Gameday slot.

Bob won't let them forget.

A BCS at-large isn't impossible.

First things first...A&M.

Fraggle145
10/30/2006, 10:53 AM
I was speaking in general terms; an early-season loss like that wouldn't hurt so much if we had a playoff.

but yes I agree, a 2-loss team probably wouldn't make a playoff anyway.

Unless we were LSU... they are 13 i think in the new poll.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/1/2006, 09:06 AM
please tell me you're kidding, JW3K :O

Nope. What was up with that whole deal? Was it a prankster?

oKOIhoma fan
11/1/2006, 09:27 AM
We take care of business (10-2*) and talking heads will be stating this case for us a month from now, especially now that we're getting a Gameday slot.

This would be the case if the Ducks were 10-2 at the end of the year. If they stink it up the rest of the year no one will care.

KingDavid
11/1/2006, 09:40 AM
...and if the voters would vote like they know what the hell they are talking about, we should be getting some BCS talk.

That Oregon debacle ruined us. Our team is rolling like a team. Hell, if we could hang on to the ball, we might have been able to beat texas. We're doing a great job of that now.

Yes, we deserved the texas loss, but not a 6-2 record.

The Oregon debacle not only phucked us, but also Texass . . . and the entire Big XII. They would be getting quality win deductions if we were in the top five, maybe increasing their odds of slipping into the Title game. As it stands now, they don't have a prayer in hades.

If that whacked out ref had not slipped his peckher into our collective butt, the Big XII would have an outside shot at two BCS bids and a $hitload of dough.

KingDavid
11/1/2006, 09:49 AM

At first blush, I would have thought it silly to even speculate about a BCS at large bid . . . but with the extra bowl, it could be possible. Some things that would have to happen.

It sure would help if Boise State would lose, and if Notre Dame would drop a couple games before the end of the year, to free up those two automatic bids. And then a lot of chips would have to fall in the right places.

More than anything, we would have to not only take care of business . . . but take care of business in a very convincing style.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/1/2006, 10:07 AM
IF we win out and finish 10-2.

IF Hook 'em doesn't lose to Neb/MU and give the North team an automatic bid....arghhhhhh.

Then I think we can make our case at that point that we are basically an 11-1 team instead of 10-2. It would definitely help our chances if USC lost to Cal or Oregon and then beat ND.

Agree with the main point that we are really a 7-1 team but I think if we can win out a lot of things will take care of themselves. Beating ATM this week will be tough enough.

Oops...sorry mburton...Didn't mean to more or less rip-off your post.....

KingDavid
11/1/2006, 10:40 AM
IF we win out and finish 10-2.

IF Hook 'em doesn't lose to Neb/MU and give the North team an automatic bid....arghhhhhh.

Then I think we can make our case at that point that we are basically an 11-1 team instead of 10-2. It would definitely help our chances if USC lost to Cal or Oregon and then beat ND.

Agree with the main point that we are really a 7-1 team but I think if we can win out a lot of things will take care of themselves. Beating ATM this week will be tough enough.

Oops...sorry mburton...Didn't mean to more or less rip-off your post.....

no worries. you just fleshed it out some more. I kind of think that USC needs to beat Cal, then Oregon wins out and beats USC. That puts USC into a BCS slot, with no other legit BCS at-large teams coming from the Pac 10.

Then assuming Boise State loses and Notre Dame loses, and Texass wins out, we have the following BCS situation:

Ohio State
Michigan (the loser will get an at-large, no doubt)
ACC champ
Big East Champ
SEC Champ
SEC at large (they'll get an at large, most likely)
Texas
USC

If I'm not mistaken, that would leave two at-large bids between the following teams for legitimate consideration:

OU
Big East Runner-up
Notre Dame
Pac 10 Runner-up

Am I missing something, here? It seems like we could make a nice case for a bid in this situation. Not sure we'd get it, still . . . but we'd at least be able to lobby for it.

One question I have: do the BCS rules allow for more than 2 BCS bids to a BCS conference? In that case, we could be contending with some strong SEC teams. But I think the rules preclude any more than two teams, if I'm not mistaken.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/1/2006, 01:43 PM
The Oregon debacle not only phucked us, but also Texass . . . and the entire Big XII. They would be getting quality win deductions if we were in the top five, maybe increasing their odds of slipping into the Title game. As it stands now, they don't have a prayer in hades.

If that whacked out ref had not slipped his peckher into our collective butt, the Big XII would have an outside shot at two BCS bids and a $hitload of dough.Excellent point!

stoopified
11/1/2006, 07:44 PM
[QUOTE=mburton71]The Oregon debacle not only phucked us, but also Texass . . . and the entire Big XII. They would be getting quality win deductions if we were in the top five, maybe increasing their odds of slipping into the Title game. As it stands now, they don't have a prayer in hades.

Screwing over UT and their title hopeswas the only good thing to come from the UO disaster.:D

proudsoonergal
11/1/2006, 07:51 PM
One question I have: do the BCS rules allow for more than 2 BCS bids to a BCS conference? In that case, we could be contending with some strong SEC teams. But I think the rules preclude any more than two teams, if I'm not mistaken.

Only two teams from one conference. That rule, which screwed Texas in 2003 when we lost the Big XII game to KSU, is still in place.

OK2LA
11/1/2006, 08:00 PM
The real solution is to make the field judge the replay official. It works like gangbusters in the NFL.

You obviously didn't see the MNF game this week when they blew that call with Wiggins - they called it an incompletion - they buttfuuked Minny bigtime - really could've changed the entire game. Ya never know

RedstickSooner
11/1/2006, 10:10 PM
We lost the chance to complain once Tejas beat us - and did so fairly solidly.

Had we beaten Tejas, all the talking heads would be able to talk about is how we got jobbed, and how we should be undefeated -- and that message would be soaking into the polls.

But, in a world where all that truly matters is who is at the top -- who cares whether we should be closer to the top ten, rather than just inside the top twenty?

If we do manage to win out, the talking heads will warm again -- and begin to harp on how we should be a one-loss team. All the more reason to make sure we win out.

But we're far from the point where we need to start worrying about such things -- we've got a lot of business to take care of first.

utex74
11/1/2006, 10:27 PM

If that whacked out ref had not slipped his peckher into our collective butt, the Big XII would have an outside shot at two BCS bids and a $hitload of dough.

You're right. You should be 7-1. And you are getting better every week and should just hand aggy their *** this week. Time they learned their place.

Texas could still get into the MNC and I would love to see us play tOSU again, even if I think it might be more lopsided than the first game unless our secondary is well. That is one good team. But, here you go:
Cal beats USC
USC beats ND
Louisville and WF lose to one of themselves, Rutgers or Pitt
Somebody beats Auburn and Florida loses in the SEC CG.
toSU beats Michigan convincingly
And, ta-da! Texas gets to play tOSU again.

Anyway, that is the way it works out in my imaginary world. Staying tuned.
Of course, we could lose to zero U and make all of the above moot. :D

OUstud
11/1/2006, 10:57 PM
FWIW, I think if we played Texas and Oregon now, we'd beat them even without AD. Too bad it took until after the Texas game to hit our stride.

footballfanatic
11/2/2006, 09:19 AM
FWIW, I think if we played Texas and Oregon now, we'd beat them even without AD. Too bad it took until after the Texas game to hit our stride.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think you could beat Texas now? Your team is playing well, but what has changed about Texas? We just took two away-games against highly motivated teams, just like you did against MU. We have injuries in the secondary, but your passing game isn't anything we couldn't handle. Also, Colt McCoy is looking like the best QB in the conference. His stats are great, but more importantly, he is a cool head leader who makes smart choices.

MamaMia
11/2/2006, 09:37 AM
I have so many things in life for which to be thankful, but the devastating loss we were unjustifiably handed in Oregon kept me awake all that night. I felt so bad for those kids that for the next two nights I just tossed and turned, unable to get a decent nights sleep. I know I'm not alone. My heart aches for the young athletes who worked so hard all of their young lives to get to this point, only to be cheated out of the win and made to suffer the consequences all season long, as if they deserved it.

In cases such as this when that bad of a call is so obviously made, whomever is responsible should never be allowed to make another decision on the field. This is not Joey's Daddy reffing little league. This is big time college football. With so much at stake there needs to be some serious accountability.

KingDavid
11/2/2006, 09:48 AM
Just out of curiosity, why do you think you could beat Texas now? Your team is playing well, but what has changed about Texas? We just took two away-games against highly motivated teams, just like you did against MU. We have injuries in the secondary, but your passing game isn't anything we couldn't handle. Also, Colt McCoy is looking like the best QB in the conference. His stats are great, but more importantly, he is a cool head leader who makes smart choices.

Simple. We've improved and gained momentum. Y'all have . . .at best . . . stayed the same.

Not saying we'd win every game against Texas. But if the line closed at Texas -5.5 points then, it would open at maybe -3.5 now.

That game is always a toss up, and is all about momentum changing plays. More so than any other.

Do you disagree that our odds of beating Texas have improved?

footballfanatic
11/2/2006, 10:43 AM
Simple. We've improved and gained momentum. Y'all have . . .at best . . . stayed the same.

Not saying we'd win every game against Texas. But if the line closed at Texas -5.5 points then, it would open at maybe -3.5 now.

That game is always a toss up, and is all about momentum changing plays. More so than any other.

Do you disagree that our odds of beating Texas have improved?

I disagree. McCoy is playing beyond all expectations. Allan Patrick is no AD. Your momentum has everything to do with not facing UT's offensive and defensive lines. True, our secondary is vulnerable, but your passing game is mid-level. You played a gutsy game against MU and deserved a tough win, but McCoy and our lines have us winning going away.

utex74
11/2/2006, 11:07 PM

I truly empathize. I remember five years in a row with me mumbling to myself, "Damn, I'd like to play those guys again. Would be different this time."

But, we play in October. With the teams we have at the time. Now go kick Aggy's ***, please.

setem
11/2/2006, 11:15 PM
If aTm beats XT how do we get into the Big12 Champ Game?

XT has to lose 2x right?

Blues1
11/2/2006, 11:48 PM
If aTm beats XT how do we get into the Big12 Champ Game?

XT has to lose 2x right?

IF we win out and IF Texas goes down twice (Like to osu and A&M) that would put us in the Big 12 champ game......Too bad neb had to fumble -- and then we would need only one loss.............But ,,,

Breaking NEWS ---- Sooner Magic just arrived in Norman from Chicago -- :)
Bears said they can do it on their own .... :eek:

Lets get R'

Partial Qualifier
11/3/2006, 08:08 AM
Nope. What was up with that whole deal? Was it a prankster?

Naw, it was some guy who took things on the board a little too seriously, I guess. He decided to 'take his business elsewhere' but his parting rant was an instant classic. Some peeps have been overusing it ever since ;)

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/search.php?searchid=264804

SouthFortySooner
11/3/2006, 04:57 PM

We'll get a chance to play them again, next October. :mad:

Jason White's Third Knee
11/3/2006, 08:10 PM
We lost the chance to complain once Tejas beat us - and did so fairly solidly.

Had we beaten Tejas, all the talking heads would be able to talk about is how we got jobbed, and how we should be undefeated -- and that message would be soaking into the polls.

But, in a world where all that truly matters is who is at the top -- who cares whether we should be closer to the top ten, rather than just inside the top twenty?

If we do manage to win out, the talking heads will warm again -- and begin to harp on how we should be a one-loss team. All the more reason to make sure we win out.

But we're far from the point where we need to start worrying about such things -- we've got a lot of business to take care of first.

Who cares? Recruits care. The higher we're ranked, the better.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/3/2006, 08:13 PM
I disagree. McCoy is playing beyond all expectations. Allan Patrick is no AD. Your momentum has everything to do with not facing UT's offensive and defensive lines. True, our secondary is vulnerable, but your passing game is mid-level. You played a gutsy game against MU and deserved a tough win, but McCoy and our lines have us winning going away.

Yeah, yeah. It was your lines that did it. It had nothing to do with our 5 (or was it 6?) turnovers and our 4000 yards in penalties. We stunk it up that game. Texas looked decent, but with all the help we gave them, they should have beaten us by 30. Our play was terrible and if we had played a decent game, we'd be right in the ball game.