PDA

View Full Version : What about this for a Bowl Game....

Blues1
10/30/2006, 07:32 AM
Sorry -- but can't help Thinking Ahead --- Just in Case.....Something to Shoot For...A Goal for the Sooners ...Dreaming....Why Not...!!!

AD Blazing up turf in 80+ Degree Heat...Sipping Cool Ones by the pool with your shades on -- :cool: - A top ten Finish - PT in the Hall of Fame....;)

After We Run the Table..... :) Thinking Positive.....:D

Oklahoma Vs.....?? (West Virgina - Rugters or ND or..??)

LINK
http://www.gatorbowl.com/tgb/index.asp

Just Sounds So much Better than a Cold Rainy Day in Dallas....:(

We make it to 10 and 2 and a lot of Bowl Doors could open it.....!!!

Gotta Keep R'

oKOIhoma fan
10/30/2006, 07:36 AM
I live only 3 hours from the Gator Bowl??

How about OU-Clemson? I'd be in heaven!

Desert Sapper
10/30/2006, 08:30 AM
I didn't know that we had the tie-in to the GB. Good job, Blues1. I'm not sure if we will have that option, though. The Gator might pick us and they might not. If we are the #2 team in the Big XII (behind Tejas, presumably), don't we have to go to the Cotton?

From the Big XII website:

Big 12 Bowl Selection Order

http://graphics.fansonly.com/confs/big12/graphics/spacer.gif

Oct. 26, 2006 Again this season, the Big 12 has eight bowl slots guaranteed. The Conference is partnered with nine bowls. However the arrangement with the Gator Bowl is for it to select a Big 12 team twice over a four-year period. In the two years in which the Gator does not select a Big 12 team, the Sun Bowl will. Following is the selection order:

BCS
Cotton
Holiday
Gator (when it selects a Big 12 team)
Alamo
Sun (when the Gator does not take a Big 12 team)
Insight
Independence
Texas

Blues1
10/30/2006, 08:35 AM
I Believe We Can go Anywhere we get a Invite....I don't think there is a "Must do" kinda thing...?? --- I'm sure some one will know - We even could stay home IF we wanted to...

Rock on'

sooneron
10/30/2006, 08:37 AM
It seems that the Gator Bowl would be a good deal for recruiting- esp. Brantley and Garcia.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/30/2006, 10:55 AM
My Guess...

BCS Texas
Cotton Nebbish or OU or TAMU
Holiday TAMU or OU or Nebbish
Gator (when it selects a Big 12 team) NEbbish or OU or TAMU
Alamo Mizzou
Sun (when the Gator does not take a Big 12 team)
Insight KU or Sandaggies
Independence Sandaggies or KU
Texas LosuR

Big 12 North will find it tough to represent...

Fraggle145
10/30/2006, 10:59 AM
I have no desire to go back to the holiday (save for revenge on USC), the Cotton is getting old, either way I think it helps recruiting either in TX or in ACC country...

Tuloma
10/30/2006, 12:19 PM
OU cannot play a BigEast school. One team has to be the ACC, they are tied to the Gator Bowl.

Cotton Bowl has first choice after the BCS and OU would have to arrange to get passed over by the Cotton Bowl, to go to the Gator Bowl.

Big12 bowl tieups are terrible. Thanks to Kevin Wieberg and Donnie Duncan.

bixby28
10/30/2006, 06:40 PM
A big Cotton Bowl victory COULD give the program a recruiting edge. Personally, that bowl will suffice, but i'd like to see OUr team get another shot at Oregon this year.

OUHOMER
10/30/2006, 06:52 PM
i would love to see the team go some where they can have some fun. Cotton does have a recuriting edge. it all about the money and nothin else

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/30/2006, 06:55 PM
Wherever we go, I want to play the domers.

StoopTroup
10/30/2006, 07:21 PM
Yummy.

ruf/nekdad
10/30/2006, 07:49 PM
domers or ducks, either would be fun to chew up and spit out.

bluedogok
10/30/2006, 09:58 PM
If Nebraska was the north rep in the Big 12 game, I would imagine the Cotton Bowl might like them as the Huskers travel well and haven't played there since 1980 (Houston).

Tuloma
10/30/2006, 10:34 PM
I don't think OU would chew up and spit out Notre Dame. I would rather play them when OU has the better chance of winning.

I don't want to see OU go 1-7 or whatever aganist them.

85sooners
10/30/2006, 10:50 PM
ou/usc holiday bowl :pop:

bstuff1979
10/30/2006, 10:58 PM
I don't think OU would chew up and spit out Notre Dame. I would rather play them when OU has the better chance of winning.

I don't want to see OU go 1-7 or whatever aganist them.

As an OU alumn and a ND fan (catholic high school will do that) I can honestly say that ND would/should be a dog on that game by about 3. With the Irish o-line and the lack of D, I don't think it would be smart to bet on ND. It would be a good game, but I really think OU would win that game by 10 to 14 points if they played today. The secondary is looking great and we've finally got some pass rush to speak of. ND tends to play to the level of the competition, so they're hard to judge. All that being said, I still say that OU wins that matchup. Lendy Holmes and Re-gggie take care of Samardzija and I'd say that OU could keep the three man rush with no prob. ND has no real run game to talk about. It's crap-tacular and, at times, the pass blocking isn't much better.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/31/2006, 01:52 AM
As an OU alumn and a ND fan (catholic high school will do that) I can honestly say that ND would/should be a dog on that game by about 3. With the Irish o-line and the lack of D, I don't think it would be smart to bet on ND. It would be a good game, but I really think OU would win that game by 10 to 14 points if they played today. The secondary is looking great and we've finally got some pass rush to speak of. ND tends to play to the level of the competition, so they're hard to judge. All that being said, I still say that OU wins that matchup. Lendy Holmes and Re-gggie take care of Samardzija and I'd say that OU could keep the three man rush with no prob. ND has no real run game to talk about. It's crap-tacular and, at times, the pass blocking isn't much better.Good analysis, and I want to play them NOW. I am not emotionally ready to play suc, yet, because I'm thinking they might play us better than they played anyone all year.

hogfan
10/31/2006, 07:08 AM
Cotton Bowl
Dallas, TX
Cotton Bowl
January 1, 2007, Fox
Big 12 No. 2 vs. SEC
Bowl Projection: Oklahoma vs. Arkansas

http://cfn.scout.com/2/584418.html

whitehelmutsagain
10/31/2006, 09:43 AM
Happy Halloween

Arkansas versus Oklahoma

Ark/Okla

Desert Sapper
10/31/2006, 01:07 PM
I had trouble staying awake the last time we played Arkie. I hope we play somebody more interesting (and have a better offensive showing than the last time we played the piglets).

KingDavid
10/31/2006, 04:52 PM
USC in the Holiday.
LSU in the Cotton.
Clemson in the Gator Bowl.

I don't see how/where we could play Notre Dame in a Bowl Game? Where could that happen given the bowl tie-ins of these three? We're not going to a BCS bowl this year unless Texass craters.

Blues1
10/31/2006, 05:03 PM
USC in the Holiday.
LSU in the Cotton.
Clemson in the Gator Bowl.

I don't see how/where we could play Notre Dame in a Bowl Game? Where could that happen given the bowl tie-ins of these three? We're not going to a BCS bowl this year unless Texass craters.

Agreed -- But "IF" Tejas goes Down to osu & AM - and We Win Big 12 Champ Game - We Could meet ND in the Fiesta Bowl....It's Not Over until The Upsets Happen............ :)

Hope & Keep R'