PDA

View Full Version : BCS in a MeltDown...??

Blues1
10/30/2006, 06:33 AM
Love to see Ohio State or Michigan Lose one game before their match up... :)

LINK

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15473120/

Question -- Could The Cotton Bowl invite Norte Dame.......??

Still R'

sooneron
10/30/2006, 08:34 AM
no

Desert Sapper
10/30/2006, 08:58 AM
I love the way everybody does this Nostradamus stuff in late October. We still have another MONTH before the end of the regular season. A lot can happen between now and the first week in December, including all of the top 10 teams losing. That may not happen, and probably won't, but it could. So who cares that SC lost? They succ this year. Everybody knew it even if they were afraid to say it. IMO, Michigan was the best team in the country before they lost Manningham. Now only their defense can keep them in the game against tosu. Although I never wish ill on a player, I'd pay to see Herbie crying on national TV if Troy Smith went down to injury. Especially after he and everybody else wrote us out of the season without AD. I expected Louisville to beat WV when the season started. Then they lost Bush. Then they lost Brohm. Now Brohm's back and Louisville looks worse than they did without him. WV is one dimensional, but they are sort of like we were when we ran the option. They can pass when they have to. I'm not as confident as I was that any but a top-notch D can stop them. I don't know if Louisville or Rutgers has that D. Cal should beat USC, but that will be less big-time if USC loses more than that game (ie; Oregon and ND). A four or three-loss SC is much less of a schedule booster, even if it gets the voter respect. The SEC winner will have a viable claim...if it is a one loss SEC winner. Thus far nothing is all that relevant. Next month the waters aren't quite so muddy, even if the BCS picture is even more complex (and hopefully renews a cry for a playoff). Does that about sum it up?

southern sooner
10/30/2006, 09:02 AM
Why would any sooner fan want to see #1 and #2 go down (we are out of the NC GAME), THERFORE, I dont want to see all the top seeds fall and texass end up getting to the game...Anyone but the shorthorns (and the Irish, but they cant get to the NC game)...

Blues1
10/30/2006, 09:21 AM
How About This----

Northwestern Plays one for the "LATE Former COACH" and upsets Ohio State --

Then Ohio State Beats Michigan --- Now you have Both Michigan and Ohio State with a Loss.....(Ohio State in Rose Bowl vs 1 loss Cal)

Cal beats usc - (Now you have a 2 loss usc)

osu beats Texas (horns are out of National Champ Game)

West Virgina goes down to Louisville...

A&m Beats Texas - We go to Big 12 Champ Game..

We beat Neb or Mizzou in Big 12 Champ Game....and we are in a BCS Game...

Oklahoma Plays Michigan in Fiesta Bowl....and Win...!!!

We end up number 2 in the Country

Would All that Hurt You Feelings......I don't think So....!!!

You Guys gotta learn to Dream & Keep Rockin' ----- :D

MamaMia
10/30/2006, 09:28 AM
Tranghese made a big mistake when he folded under the pressure of USC and Auburns coaches doing all that whining. As a result he changed the formulation to please them and all the Oklahoma haters. By doing so, he lessened the value of the SOS factor. He did this two years in a row no less, allowing the human vote to count as more.

Very seldom will we have 2 undefeated teams who both will have played the toughest schedules, but we will have several 1 loss teams out there who will have played lights out against some major power houses, but have 1 loss, so I just think that was a big mistake. Tranghese literally did away with the reason the BCS was created in the first place; which was to prevent human bias from deciding who plays for the National Championship, and he was allowed to get by with it because USC, Auburn and the nation of Sooner haters wanted to be appeased. I know its mean of me, but I hope that the changes that were made end up biting them all in the butt.

BIG_IKE
10/30/2006, 09:47 AM
How About This----

Northwestern Plays one for the "LATE Former COACH" and upsets Ohio State --

Then Ohio State Beats Michigan --- Now you have Both Michigan and Ohio State with a Loss.....(Ohio State in Rose Bowl vs 1 loss Cal)

Cal beats usc - (Now you have a 2 loss usc)

osu beats Texas (horns are out of National Champ Game)

West Virgina goes down to Louisville...

A&m Beats Texas - We go to Big 12 Champ Game..

We beat Neb or Mizzou in Big 12 Champ Game....and we are in a BCS Game...

Oklahoma Plays Michigan in Fiesta Bowl....and Win...!!!

We end up number 2 in the Country

Would All that Hurt You Feelings......I don't think So....!!!

You Guys gotta learn to Dream & Keep Rockin' ----- :D

Nice dream....possible? Yes...but still a dream.

My question is why all the hoopla over WVU when the 3 best teams they have played are...

MISSISSIPPI STATE
UCONN
SYRACUSE...

I can't believe anyone is drinking the Slaton Kool-Aid.
If we had their schedule, Patrick would be in the Heisman Race.
Give me a break..

There are 6 teams in the Big 12 that could win the Big East.

Blues1
10/30/2006, 09:51 AM
Oregon State Knows How to Dream......They made my day.... :)

birddog
10/30/2006, 09:56 AM
this bcs crap is....crap. i hate it.

Luthor
10/30/2006, 10:05 AM
Love to see Ohio State or Michigan Lose one game before their match up... :)

LINK

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15473120/

Question -- Could The Cotton Bowl invite Norte Dame.......??

Still R'

I still think the BCS will be running for cover by Dec 1. I have every confidence that they will be in full blown panic mode by Dec 10. There are going to be a bunch of angry people and all with good reason because the nuttless BCS will opt for safe match ups. This will be the year of the politically correct underdog so far as who gets selected from among the non-automatic candidates.