PDA

View Full Version : Which makes you want to throw up more? (or why does Boarder drive a Chevy?)

Norm In Norman
10/29/2006, 09:52 PM
Attack of the annoying jingles.

proud gonzo
10/29/2006, 10:15 PM
I hate the ford truck man, but i REALLY ****ing hate john (cougar) mellencamp. jack and diane is one of few songs guaranteed to make me change the radio station and that commercial frequently prompts me to say "Die!" as I hit the mute button for the tv.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/29/2006, 10:20 PM
I think I figured out the lyrics to that 'Our Country' tune. I also think he's taking vocal lessons from Bruce Springsteen and Bob Dylan.

I rassafrassa fraa, de dream where I cuh fruh,
I rassafrassa fraa, in de dree hair I'm a gum.
You gah hee da voissa fhreegum in de fee go emmey hun,
Hiss is har country...

That sound about right?

royalfan5
10/29/2006, 10:41 PM
I don't think Iron Man can ever suck, but that's just me. Granted I might have to look away from the screen but still.

Boarder
10/29/2006, 10:43 PM
Come on, this is which sucks WORSE!

It's not even close. Not even in the same ball park.

I'll keep my watching a couple of minutes behind live with Tivo just in case the Ford Truck Man comes on so I can fast forward quickly.

GottaHavePride
10/29/2006, 10:45 PM
I don't think Iron Man can ever suck, but that's just me. Granted I might have to look away from the screen but still.

I am LSD, little purple chickens are chasing me!

Mixer!
10/29/2006, 10:46 PM
http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/241/likearockgt1.jpg

dolemitesooner
10/29/2006, 10:46 PM
I’m a Ford Truck man, that’s all I drive

I ain’t got no boundaries, I don’t compromise
I rather walk ten miles, then be down on my luck
Then ride around the block in any other pick up .You can see me in the highway in the left-hand lane Lost out on a back road in the pourin’ rain
And I’ll pass that center line when the ride gets rough
Ain’t not doubt my king of the moutain’s built Ford tough

Norm In Norman
10/29/2006, 10:49 PM
Come on, this is which sucks WORSE!

It's not even close. Not even in the same ball park.
You are correct. The "This is my country" jingle sucks monkey balls worse. It's not even close. In fact, I now will never buy a chevy product because I heard this song 3 commercial breaks in a row tonight. If GM ever buys Nissan, I'm selling my car because of those commercials.

Boarder
10/29/2006, 10:53 PM
I feel sorry for you for being so wrong. Go wallow in your wrongness.

FTM makes me want to gouge my eardrums out with the shards of tv that remain after I throw something through the screen.

Norm In Norman
10/29/2006, 11:00 PM
Ok, here's the deal: I hate country music. A lot. More than a lot. I despise it. I don't really even consider it a form of music. I'd prefer to listen to 8 hours of gregorian chant as opposed to 10 minutes of country music.

"Ford Truck Man" is better than "This is my country". By a long shot. At least it's talking about the product it's trying to sell. The other one is trying to guilt you into buying a chevy truck. WELL THEM FRITOS AIN'T FLYING WITH ME, BUDDY!

sooneron
10/29/2006, 11:04 PM
Where was the THEY ALL SUCK option?

Boarder
10/29/2006, 11:05 PM
FTM wins even if the volume is on mute because TK tries to look badboy and do a punch.

TIMC is America. It's real, man. It's out there. It's telling you what's up. You don't hate America do you? If you buy a Ford the terrorists and TK have won.

Well, I won't have that on my conscience I tell you that much.

Norm In Norman
10/29/2006, 11:07 PM
Obviously, the terrorists have already won.

GottaHavePride
10/29/2006, 11:15 PM
TIMC is America. It's real, man. It's out there. It's telling you what's up. You don't hate America do you? If you buy a Ford the terrorists and TK have won.

John Cougar F***ing Mellencamp is not MY America.

Frozen Sooner
10/29/2006, 11:24 PM
Oh, I thought you were talking about the Orson Scott Card Iron Man comic.

Mixer!
10/29/2006, 11:25 PM
Ok, here's the deal: I hate country music. A lot. More than a lot. I despise it. I don't really even consider it a form of music. I'd prefer to listen to 8 hours of gregorian chant as opposed to 10 minutes of country music.

"Ford Truck Man" is better than "This is my country". By a long shot. At least it's talking about the product it's trying to sell. The other one is trying to guilt you into buying a chevy truck. WELL THEM FRITOS AIN'T FLYING WITH ME, BUDDY!

:les:DARN SPEK LIMITS!

Rogue
10/30/2006, 06:35 AM
FTM is awful.

sanantoniosooner
10/30/2006, 08:21 AM
I was puking last night, but I'm not sure which one was responsible.

Rough night.

crawfish
10/30/2006, 08:28 AM
FTM, by a longshot.

They play Iron Man TWICE in a segment, most of the time. Annoying.

jk the sooner fan
10/30/2006, 08:45 AM
why did you exclude the new Citi Rewards commercials with the european dimwits from your poll?

that commercial would win easily

NormanPride
10/30/2006, 09:56 AM
How many circles of hell are there? I think there's a special one that plays fake patriotic music all the time.

Scott D
10/30/2006, 10:39 AM
You are correct. The "This is my country" jingle sucks monkey balls worse. It's not even close. In fact, I now will never buy a chevy product because I heard this song 3 commercial breaks in a row tonight. If GM ever buys Nissan, I'm selling my car because of those commercials.

Renault/Nissan would be buying a huge stake in GM...ywia :)

skycat
10/30/2006, 11:04 AM
FTM is just an annoying mindless jingle.

TimC is played over the top of visuals that use the Katrina disaster to try and sell trucks. ***hats.

Beef
10/30/2006, 11:10 AM
"This is my country" is making me hate watching football, which ****es me off to epic proportions. I think NBC played it 20 times during their pre-game last night.

proud gonzo
10/30/2006, 11:15 AM
FTM is just an annoying mindless jingle.

TimC is played over the top of visuals that use the Katrina disaster to try and sell trucks. ***hats.Does anyone else think it's ironic to show Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks in a patriotic montage?

Yay for the civil rights movement that finally won out after we oppressed black people for years and years! Yay for Rosa Parks--we arrested her but apologized later!!

skycat
10/30/2006, 11:20 AM
Does anyone else think it's ironic to show Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks in a patriotic montage?

Yay for the civil rights movement that finally won out after we oppressed black people for years and years! Yay for Rosa Parks--we arrested her but apologized later!!

Well, I think it would be easy enough to make the case that one of the things that makes this country great is that we can make major changes to it when needed without having to overthrow the government. So not really.

I'm just not on board with using those images to try and move a few more Chevy's off the lot.

Boarder
10/30/2006, 12:01 PM
Which brings up the thought...who would buy a car based on an advertisement like any of these anyway?

Most people take into consideration price and a bunch of other factors before "jingle" comes up.

yermom
10/30/2006, 12:23 PM
this really should have been multiple choice

skycat
10/30/2006, 12:37 PM
Which brings up the thought...who would buy a car based on an advertisement like any of these anyway?

Most people take into consideration price and a bunch of other factors before "jingle" comes up.

Then why do the companies spend all that money coming up with the jingles and then paying people we've heard of to perform them?

The car companies must believe that they have some effect.

RacerX
10/30/2006, 01:05 PM
Has chevy been showing commercials that are totally mehican? How does that fit in with JCM and his America?

Either they have or I've been watching too much Dora and Diego.

RacerX
10/30/2006, 01:06 PM
Where was the THEY ALL SUCK option?

What do you expect from a Mod?

Beef
10/30/2006, 02:10 PM
Has chevy been showing commercials that are totally mehican? How does that fit in with JCM and his America?

Either they have or I've been watching too much Dora and Diego.
They have been. I saw one that was all in Spanish. I just figured it was because I live in Texas and nobody speaks English here.

BeetDigger
10/30/2006, 04:40 PM
What do you expect from a Mod?

An occasional oversight of me posting a picture of a nekkid woman would be nice.

sanantoniosooner
10/30/2006, 05:04 PM
An occasional oversight of me posting a picture of a nekkid woman would be nice.
they let you get away with humping the Mavs.

Don't push your luck.

;)

NormanPride
10/30/2006, 05:05 PM
they let you get away with humping the Mavs.

Don't push your luck.

;)

Zing! :D

RacerX
10/30/2006, 05:12 PM
They have been. I saw one that was all in Spanish. I just figured it was because I live in Texas and nobody speaks English here.

They had them up here in OK.

sigh.

I wonder what it would look like if I had CC on.

sooneron
10/31/2006, 10:21 AM
Interesting thing of note on the whole subject of JCM. I was working at LNC as a local crew dude (my Uncle hooked me up with the gig) when JCM came into town on the Lonesome Jubilee tour. They played a great show- 2+ hours, no warm up act, they just executed in a good way. At one point in the concert, John started to pontificate on the California Raisin - Heard It through The Grapevine ads and said something to the effect that he would NEVER sell his tunes for advertising $.
I believe that he even bashed Seger later on for the Like A Rock ads. Interesting how things come full circle and rights get sold to pay child support alimony or whatever.