PDA

View Full Version : It's OSU vs. TX this sat., too.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/29/2006, 03:45 PM
WHOOKEM' WHORNS!!!

All_Day_28
10/29/2006, 03:47 PM
WTF???

stoopified
10/29/2006, 03:49 PM
I hope UT slaps them back in line,they are gettin' uppity.

10/29/2006, 03:50 PM
wouldn't you rather someone other than aggy beat the whorns? Think about it!

goingoneight
10/29/2006, 03:50 PM
I hope UT slaps them back in line,they are gettin' uppity.

I predict a 21-0 OSU lead at halftime, a final score of 77-21... and a lot of aggies coming onto OUr board bragging about how they score more than us...

10/29/2006, 03:51 PM
I hope UT slaps them back in line,they are gettin' uppity.Yessir, and should they win(lOSUr, that is), it would mess with recruiting.

fadada1
10/29/2006, 04:00 PM
... it would mess with recruiting.
... until they actually made their official visit to stillwater.

OhU1
10/29/2006, 04:01 PM
Go Pokes.

Flagstaffsooner
10/29/2006, 04:03 PM
Through early morning fog I see
visions of the things to be
the pains that are withheld for me
I realize and I can see...
[REFRAIN]:
that suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please.
I try to find a way to make
all our little joys relate
without that ever-present hate
but now I know that it's too late, and...
[REFRAIN]
The game of life is hard to play
I'm gonna lose it anyway
The losing card I'll someday lay
so this is all I have to say.
[REFRAIN]
The only way to win is cheat
And lay it down before I'm beat
and to another give my seat
for that's the only painless feat.
[REFRAIN]
The sword of time will pierce our skins
It doesn't hurt when it begins
But as it works its way on in
The pain grows stronger...watch it grin, but...
[REFRAIN]
A brave man once requested me
to answer questions that are key
is it to be or not to be
and I replied 'oh why ask me?'
[REFRAIN]
'Cause suicide is painless
it brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please.
...and you can do the same thing if you please.

sooneron
10/29/2006, 04:03 PM
As far as standings in the south are concerned, I have to pull for orange aggy. Pulling for, may be too strong of a term though.

goingoneight
10/29/2006, 04:05 PM
OSU is gonna get bitch-slapped by Mother Reality...

10/29/2006, 04:06 PM
Orange aggy comes in at #2 on my sh*t list. Whorns be #3.

sooneron
10/29/2006, 04:08 PM
orange aggy doesn't rate enough to be on my ****list. Their fans do, but their team is nothing more than pesky (occasionally).

10/29/2006, 04:13 PM
orange aggy doesn't rate enough to be on my ****list. Their fans do, but their team is nothing more than pesky (occasionally).Who cares about their teams? It's their fans that get them qualified.

Desert Sapper
10/29/2006, 04:25 PM
I don't really care who beats UT. I just know that two teams have to do it for us to go to the Big XII championship. It's a real longshot, especially after UT escaped NU and TT unscathed. I'm praying that not one, but two teams pull it off. OSU will get their smackdown by us, in their house, to end the season.

10/29/2006, 04:29 PM
I don't really care who beats UT. I just know that two teams have to do it for us to go to the Big XII championship. It's a real longshot, especially after UT escaped NU and TT unscathed. I'm praying that not one, but two teams pull it off. OSU will get their smackdown by us, in their house, to end the season.Point taken. I would just rather see tx crush orange aggy and have some other teams beat tx.

sooneron
10/29/2006, 04:39 PM
Point taken. I would just rather see tx crush orange aggy and have some other teams beat tx.
And which of the teams on texas' sched have a decent shot of doing that if osu doesn't beat them?

oumartin
10/29/2006, 04:41 PM
Pumpkin State wins

olevetonahill
10/29/2006, 04:46 PM
ugly asz orange against ugly asz orange

10/29/2006, 04:48 PM
And which of the teams on texas' sched have a decent shot of doing that if osu doesn't beat them?I just wouldn't feel right about lOSUr beating tx, esp when we, technically, didn't...and, it could mess with OU recruiting, lots more than if tx beat them.

rhombic21
10/29/2006, 05:03 PM
OSU isn't near the threat to OU in recruiting that Texas will be if they back into a second straight NC game.

I'm rooting for OSU, but I don't think they can win in Austin.

bluedogok
10/29/2006, 05:03 PM
I would rather not back door into the championship game, especially if that means the pokes beat the whorns. If we didn't beat them, we don't deserve to go.

I don't think that UT will have a shot at the NC game, there are way too many teams aghead of them. I think the Michigan/Ohio State loser may have a better shot at a rematch than the whorns. Not much Big 12 love this year.

southern sooner
10/29/2006, 05:17 PM
texass playing in another NC game - and it could happen if they dont lose another one!!!1 go (whoever) plays the shorthorns...

bluedogok
10/29/2006, 05:27 PM
Oh I want UT to lose, just not to the Chokes. It might be the North's year for a suprise in KC this year.

sooneron
10/29/2006, 05:37 PM
I would rather not back door into the championship game, especially if that means the pokes beat the whorns. If we didn't beat them, we don't deserve to go.

I don't think that UT will have a shot at the NC game, there are way too many teams aghead of them. I think the Michigan/Ohio State loser may have a better shot at a rematch than the whorns. Not much Big 12 love this year.
If ut loses two games, I wouldn't call it backdooring. Just because we lost to ut, doesn't mean that we should concede something that we COULD win. Let's just forfeit the rest of our games.:rolleyes: It's all over, we lost to texas.

bluedogok
10/29/2006, 05:54 PM
No, I just feel that we should have earned our way there with a win instead of hoping for a screw up. I don't see UT losing 2 more games in the regular season after last night and I definitely don't want to hear the wannabe aggys howl if they were to beat them and we didn't. If they were playing in CS I would give aTm a shot, but with the game being here I don't think they have much of a shot. I also don't see osu in Austin or K-State anywhere having much of a shot. That is reality.

rhombic21
10/29/2006, 07:26 PM
Who the hell cares about what the aggies will say? If we beat them on the field, they won't have much to say regardless.

olevetonahill
10/29/2006, 07:51 PM
Who the hell cares about what the aggies will say? when we beat them on the field, they won't have much to say regardless.
fixed and YUP ;)

Mixer!
10/29/2006, 08:01 PM
Who cares about their teams? It's their fans that get them qualified.

Just a guess, but it's because their fans aren't playing the game?

sooneron
10/29/2006, 08:34 PM
fixed and YUP ;)
double yup!:texan:

OUAndy1807
10/29/2006, 08:53 PM
when is this game? if it's at 2:00, I'm going to be totally ripped by our kickoff

I hate it, but I have to root for the aggies here. It helps our standings, it pumps up their hopes so that they really expect to beat us in stillwater this year and makes our victory that much sweeter.

sooneron
10/29/2006, 08:55 PM
when is this game? if it's at 2:00, I'm going to be totally ripped by our kickoff

I hate it, but I have to root for the aggies here. It helps our standings,
Which kind of is, the important thing here.:pop:

Pepper
10/29/2006, 09:07 PM
I hope OSU wins. Pesky fans? I don't know many. I think OSU fans are on the endangered species list.

OUAndy1807
10/29/2006, 09:55 PM
it's a 6pm game per ostate.com, dammit.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/29/2006, 09:59 PM
I don't get it. Pullin' for Texass?

What in the name of all that is holy are some of you guys thinkin'? It's TEXASS. They could be playin' Osama State and the Taliban All-Stars as far as I'm concerned. As long as they lose. And lose big. Humiliatingly. With lots of buttpunchery.

Pullin' for Texass... I'd rather get kicked in the balls. I don't care WHO it is.

10/30/2006, 01:26 AM
I don't get it. Pullin' for Texass?

What in the name of all that is holy are some of you guys thinkin'? It's TEXASS. They could be playin' Osama State and the Taliban All-Stars as far as I'm concerned. As long as they lose. And lose big. Humiliatingly. With lots of buttpunchery.

Pullin' for Texass... I'd rather get kicked in the balls. I don't care WHO it is.TX can be pulled for in extraordinary situations, such as stopping the threat of an all-time (OU) win streak, or when they play orange aggy or the domers.

Desert Sapper
10/30/2006, 06:34 AM

I don't care how we go. I want my Sooners to always play for championships, even if that means another team has to lose for that to happen. Especially if that team is Tejas. Hook em

The only excuse to not cheer against UT is when they are the only team that can stop an abomination from ruining a Sooner record (or getting stroked nationally by ESPN for their 3-pete:rolleyes: ). The other possible situation is if Saxet could help the Sooners get BCS or voter love by winning. The latter is a bit shaky, so use your own discretion. 'Pulling for Texas' is never an option. Bottom line is: Tuck Fexas!

sendbaht
10/30/2006, 08:50 AM
come on OSU!

Blues1
10/30/2006, 09:01 AM
Stop the BS ------ "IF"---- Texas will lose to osu and A&M and we go to Big12 Champ game and Beat the huskers -- and then WE GET BCS game ----WE will all be Happy as He!!....:D

So Lets Get R'

leavingthezoo
10/30/2006, 10:09 AM
I just wouldn't feel right about lOSUr beating tx, esp when we, technically, didn't...and, it could mess with OU recruiting, lots more than if tx beat them.

if osu beat texas, any imagined damage will be corrected when ou beats osu. it's better for us if the pokes win. i think your cloning has caused a short circuit. :D

OSUAggie
10/30/2006, 10:14 AM
OSU isn't near the threat to OU in recruiting that Texas will be if they back into a second straight NC game.

I'm rooting for OSU, but I don't think they can win in Austin.

haha... I don't think you need to worry about Texas being a "threat" to OU recruiting... They kinda own you in that front... The real question is how big of a lead will OSU have before getting blown out... I've got 42-7 @ half and lose 63-42

Luthor
10/30/2006, 10:17 AM
This game scares the crap out of me. Mostly because our D is held together right now with bailing wire and duct tape. We're playing people in positions they've never even play before just because they can walk. Looks like we'll find out if we're really as deep as we all brag about.

10/30/2006, 10:31 AM
if osu beat texas, any imagined damage will be corrected when ou beats osu. it's better for us if the pokes win. i think your cloning has caused a short circuit. :DMust you insult? I simply prefer tx over orange aggy. The former is our hated rival. The latter is our snot-nosed, Sooner hating wannabe rival.

Scott D
10/30/2006, 10:41 AM
pretty sure the short circuit was there before the cloning :D

leavingthezoo
10/30/2006, 11:06 AM
Must you insult? I simply prefer tx over orange aggy. The former is our hated rival. The latter is our snot-nosed, Sooner hating wannabe rival.

note to self: don't joke with the clone. :D

10/30/2006, 11:09 AM
pretty sure the short circuit was there before the cloning :DSo, IYO, is short-circuited any improvement over parrot?
BTW, I also advocated pulling for tx over suc in the OB last yr, and I will nearly always pull for tx over the domers.

10/30/2006, 11:10 AM
note to self: don't joke with the clone. :DRush Limbaugh is my clone.

TAFBSooner
10/30/2006, 11:18 AM
All we have here is [generic Big XII South team] versus texas. Of course I prefer the [generic Big XII South team] over texas.:texan: There is no more reason to pull against this [generic Big XII South team] than for any other [generic Big XII South team].

It's not like [generic Big XII South team] is a rival or anything. texas and Nebraska are our rivals. Also, I wouldn't feel bad at all going to the Big XII title game with a 10-2* record.

BIG_IKE
10/30/2006, 11:28 AM
Well..it's a lose lose situation.
If UT and OU both win out. I think we can BOTH get BCS berths.
There is getting ready to be alot of tumbling from the Top 15 teams. Too many of the Top 15 play one another in the coming weeks. All we have to do is win out.

Sadly, If Texas were to get back to the BCS Championship game, I think we would get the Big 12 BCS slot, because NU and MU are gonna finish with 3, maybe 4 losses.
Especially since one will lose when they play and then again in the Championship game. But I understand wanting Texass to lose too. But the reality of it is I don't see any of these teams beating them. Since we did not beat them I REALLY do not want lOSUr to do so. Texas winning, believe it or not helps our BCS rating. Oregon losing hurts us.

If OSU has a chance to win they are gonna have to do 2 things.

1) win through the air
2) win before halftime

I dont know what goes on at halftime, but the Whorns do some serious adjusting on defense when they are down at the half.

I saw against OU and against Tech, Texas was down at halftime and Chizik did something in the locker room and we never scored in the 2nd hlf. Neither did Tech.

leavingthezoo
10/30/2006, 11:43 AM
Rush Limbaugh is my clone.

i'm not sure a clone can know that he is or is not the clone, for certain. :D

10/30/2006, 01:04 PM
i'm not sure a clone can know that he is or is not the clone, for certain. :DThe clone industry knows all about that stuff. So, I'm privvy to the inside track.
An aside: Song lyric of the week nominee--"I gave you my faith and my trust...so, don't crush my dreams in the dust." I dunno, just made me chuckle.(from a very old song by Caterina Valente)

Mixer!
10/30/2006, 02:17 PM
I don't care how we go. I want my Sooners to always play for championships, even if that means another team has to lose for that to happen. Especially if that team is Tejas. Hook em

The only excuse to not cheer against UT is when they are the only team that can stop an abomination from ruining a Sooner record (or getting stroked nationally by ESPN for their 3-pete:rolleyes: ). The other possible situation is if Saxet could help the Sooners get BCS or voter love by winning. The latter is a bit shaky, so use your own discretion. 'Pulling for Texas' is never an option. Bottom line is: Tuck Fexas!

I'm glad Desert Sapper posted this here today, and stated so eloquently what needed to be said. I'm particularly glad that many of our children will be able to click this thread and read those words that express a courage that is little seen in this day and age.

WHAT ARE WE MADE OF? Our forebearers settled this land 118 years ago, fought drought, fought depression, fought the krauts, fought the Red River War - remember when those :texan: tried to keep our free bridge from opening (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68623)? Well, we didn't start supporting them THEN, and by gumb, we're not about to start supporting them NOW!

Hook 'emHook 'emHook 'emTUCK FEXAS! Hook 'emHook 'emHook 'em

jwlynn64
10/30/2006, 02:39 PM
Sadly, If Texas were to get back to the BCS Championship game, I think we would get the Big 12 BCS slot, because NU and MU are gonna finish with 3, maybe 4 losses.

I'm not an expert but I don't think that it works like that. If Texas gets the Big XII spot, then they get the Big XII spot. There isn't a rule saying that another Big XII team has to be chosen if Texas is playing the BCS championship game.

I dont know what goes on at halftime, but the Whorns do some serious adjusting on defense when they are down at the half.

I saw against OU and against Tech, Texas was down at halftime and Chizik did something in the locker room and we never scored in the 2nd hlf. Neither did Tech.

If by making adjustments, you mean that they game plan our receiver fumbling the ball on the 10 yard line when we were about to score and shift momentum back in our direction, then I agree.

Our defeat was more mistakes by us than by their great play. I'm not taking anything away from their D. They played hard, smash mouth football but if we didn't get so far behind that we have to pass every down, then we could have pulled that game out.

The fumble was the killer.

10/30/2006, 04:11 PM
Whorns have been lucky so far this year. Don't think they'll need to be this sat.

BlondeSoonerGirl
10/30/2006, 04:16 PM
I'm rooting for the defense.

caphorns
10/30/2006, 05:10 PM
I'm not sure I can recall when we had such a string of aggie back-to-backs - Sand Aggy, Okie Aggy, Kansas Aggy and then Aggy Aggy. We'll probably be 0-4 in moral victories in the end. But creepy as hell to play it out this way.

mdklatt
10/30/2006, 05:26 PM
We'll probably be 0-4 in moral victories in the end.

:D

This is certainly spekworthy, but I just can't make myself pull the trigger.

stoopified
10/30/2006, 09:57 PM
wouldn't you rather someone other than aggy beat the whorns? Think about it! First off read the post CORRECTLY.I said UT should slap aggy back in place. YOU you can't HATE,LOATHE AND DESPISE aggy like I do.As for wishing UT would lose to Aggy,what good does that do us? T reuse to lower myself to ORANGE COW level and root for others to do what WE SOONERS could not do. I hate aggy and my second favorite is and always has been whoever is playing aggy.Get over yourself.

utex74
10/30/2006, 10:08 PM
I don't really care who beats UT. I just know that two teams have to do it for us to go to the Big XII championship. It's a real longshot, especially after UT escaped NU and TT unscathed. I'm praying that not one, but two teams pull it off. OSU will get their smackdown by us, in their house, to end the season.

If I were you I would, however reluctantly, have to pull for zero state to beat Texas. You need us to lose twice. I am faced with a similar problem with your game against aggy. But, I read an analysis that it helps our computer ratings if aggy comes into town on T+1 with just one loss (assuming we win, of course). So, I will have to pull for aggy this weekend even if it sets my hair on fire to do so. Nothing personal.

Sure hope our hobbled secondary rises to the occasion against osu, though.

bluedogok
10/30/2006, 10:08 PM
I hope OSU wins. Pesky fans? I don't know many. I think OSU fans are on the endangered species list.
The office that I worked at in OKC (300+ people) was more than 50% Orange wannabe Aggy, and most were of the obnoxious variety. I have not run across near as many Whorn fans who are as obnoxious as those twits were for no apparent reason. To be sure some are obnoxious down here, but unfortuantely they do have some reason to be that way where OA has none and i really haven't had to deal with them that much.

AzianSooner
10/30/2006, 10:12 PM
GO OSU Cowboys... beats the whorns.

utex74
10/30/2006, 10:12 PM
If ut loses two games, I wouldn't call it backdooring. Just because we lost to ut, doesn't mean that we should concede something that we COULD win. Let's just forfeit the rest of our games.:rolleyes: It's all over, we lost to texas.

We backed in in 2001 when you lost to zero state (after we lost to you in the regular season. I was happy to go, (for all the good it did us!).

LiteCOL
10/30/2006, 10:51 PM
Some of the logic in the last three or so pages escapes me… :confused:

ALWAYS hope for the win that will help the Sooners. To do otherwise is goofy. It made me sick to watch Nebraska and the Sand Pirates fold when they had the whorns on the ropes, and I will undoubtedly have another bout of yackin in front of the Wide Screen on Saturday, but I damned sure hope the gawd-awful bright oranges beat the gawd-awful burnt oranges this Saturday.

If nothing else, it will provide me with a reason to pull myself out of a turkey and pumpkin pie induced coma on a Friday afternoon to watch Franchione and the AtMs try to hand the whorns a second loss in Austin. :D

Go Okie-State, beat the whorns! (I think I just threw up in my mouth a little…)

soonerjoker
10/31/2006, 09:50 AM
just cannot understand why any Okie would want ANY tejas team to beat any Okie team.

BIG_IKE
10/31/2006, 10:04 AM
just cannot understand why any Okie would want ANY tejas team to beat any Okie team.

Well, if you have not noticed, about half of us Sooners on here are actually Texans.
Hating the University of Texas and hating the state are two different things. I think most people on here hate the school and not the state.

soonerjoker
10/31/2006, 10:12 AM
i have lived in tejas for 35 years. it's a very good state, & i sure don't hate it.

nor do i hate ut, but i love for them to lose. more than any other school.

soonerjoker
10/31/2006, 10:16 AM
IKE
after re-reading your post, it remains unclear.

I want Okie schools (all of them) to beat tejas schools. (all of them)

i kinda like utep & rice.

Blues1
10/31/2006, 11:08 AM
Our goal is the Big 12 champ game -- Any team that can beat texas to get us there is worth rooting for -- Go Pokes - this week ....later on same for A&m.....

I see this ----- OSU 41 Texas 38 ---- :)

R'

sooneron
10/31/2006, 11:13 AM
Our goal is the Big 12 champ game -- Any team that can beat texas to get us there is worth rooting for -- Go Pokes - this week ....later on same for A&m.....

I see this ----- OSU 41 Texas 38 ---- :)

R'
Mack would have to be very nervous if his team is involved in another shoot out for the second week in a row.

caphorns
10/31/2006, 11:16 AM
I am from Texas. I love the University of Texas. I live less than 100 miles from B/CS. And for the life of me, I want Aggy to get beat everywhere they go and it doesn't matter what state they are playing in. I think it's mainly because I live around a bunch of Ags that pull out their ugly flags, their maroon crap and start whooping and grabbing their crotch in public when they win. Actually they still grab themselves in public when they lose, but there's just less of it and less whooping everywhere. I swear to god I sat through my kid's 3rd grade orientation this year and when the 1 aggot teacher was announced, there were a bunch of ugly faggy women there whooping. Still better than the last school where the principal declared that anyone wearing either aggie or tech garb (before the aggy/tech game) would get free pizza. My kids went to school that day in the burnt orange garb and were spared by the generous Longhorn teachers there (who were equally annoyed by aggy/sand aggy day). Just this past weekend at a fantastic party thrown by a good LSU buddy of mine I am watching the Longhorn game (along with half to most of the crowd) and as I am going outside to check on my kid some ugly aggot woman is whining to her 5 year old kid that everyone is watching the Texas game and not the aggy/baylor game. LADY - IT'S NOT ON TV. And if it was, who cares?

So yeah, death to all Aggy. I hope you guys slaughter them. I want them to lose horribly this weekend and for all those jokers to go back into hiding or out to the barn or whatever they do in their spare time.

10/31/2006, 11:17 AM
Mack would have to be very nervous if his team is involved in another shoot out for the second week in a row.Whorns are gonna play their 2nd half football the entire game this sat. Whookems49-orangeaggy10.

Desert Sapper
10/31/2006, 11:41 AM
So yeah, death to all Aggy. I hope you guys slaughter them. I want them to lose horribly this weekend and for all those jokers to go back into hiding or out to the barn or whatever they do in their spare time.

I guess if we were a$$holes like them, maybe you would hate us, too. Stay classy, Soonerfans.:cool:

caphorns
10/31/2006, 12:41 PM
I guess if we were a$$holes like them, maybe you would hate us, too. Stay classy, Soonerfans.:cool:

Don't get the wrong idea. One of my best neighbors is a dirty-stinking-ugly-sheephumpin aggsy. I just happen to hate them more than you guys because they infest my neighborhood with their maroon trash when the aggsies win - morally or otherwise. Rooting for the aggies would kind of be liking rooting for more mosquito births.

I would still root for them if in any way it could help us up the BCS ladder. I'm just not seeing it this year though. Too many things have to fall in place for that to happen. I'm prepared to have to play Boise State in the BCS while watching you guys, aggy, Missouri or Nebbish play USC in the Holiday Bowl. And somehow, somewhere this all makes sense, riiight ;)