PDA

View Full Version : Whining again...

goingoneight
10/29/2006, 03:26 PM
The fiasco of which we speak too much about is now keeping us out of BCS and Top ten contention.

What ifs...

What if the call was made correctly? UT loses to tOSU 24-7, and is ranked only a few spots below them... Where in reality would that put OU in the event that they SHOULD have won the game against UT had they not beaten themselves with turnovers, penalties and bad field position? No. 9??? No. 10???

Methinks that little "mistake" in Eugene has cost OU a BCS berth which is a lot of money for the BIG 12 and OU... I can tell ya right now, I watched several teams ranked higher than OU this past weekend and I duly believe that we could beat about ten of them with Halzle at QB, Derek Gove at RB and the same clueless defense that played in Eugene... this is of course no offense to these guys, but there are some really poor and overrated teams ahead of OU, IMHO...

Pepper
10/29/2006, 08:35 PM
Absolutely this probably cost us a BCS game and cost the Big 12 a 2nd BCS berth. It backfired on the Pac 10 though because in spite of their cheating they still won't get the extra BCS appearance. The BCS formula cannot account for teams getting screwed. Computers see OU with 2 losses. Wonder what the computers would rank us if that game is ignored? Probably around 10.

goingoneight
10/29/2006, 09:43 PM
I would have guessed about that, maybe 8 or 9? I still feel we're top ten... I find it very hard to believe Boise State and Rutgers could even combine players to beat OU...

They're just two among several that I don't believe have the ballz to stop OU.

sooneron
10/29/2006, 09:47 PM
I still think we lose to ut with a win in eugene. However, we would be ranked around 11-13th in the country.

StuIsTheMan
10/30/2006, 10:46 AM
I would have guessed about that, maybe 8 or 9? I still feel we're top ten... I find it very hard to believe Boise State and Rutgers could even combine players to beat OU...

They're just two among several that I don't believe have the ballz to stop OU.

Agreed, but I for one am glad to see the smaller schools with good programs, ie Boise and Fresno, get some more light. I have really enjoyed those teams over the past few years, they have taken some GREAT teams to the limit. I think it would be a good thing if Boise State wins out to get a BCS bid. They deserve it. They will probably lose but they will come to play. I only see these programs getting better and better in the comming years. New blood is a good thing.