PDA

View Full Version : Forcing the Pass

tru2ou
10/29/2006, 02:46 PM
I really thought our play calling in the second half yesterday was very questionable. We seemed to be trying to force the pass when Missouri was clearly tired and had no chance of stopping the run. One clear example that stands out in my mind was the fourth and inches play call in the second quarter. There was absolutely no reason to throw the ball in that instance. OU was forcing it down Mizzou's throat and a dive play right there would have done the trick and probably lead to a score that would have really torn the heart out of MU before the half. Looking at the play by play in the second half, MU didnt stop a run play for negative yardage and if you take away the sacks, we averaged almost 6 yards a rush.

I know its nit picking a nice win but if we're going to play ball control and wear people down, use it to your advantage when the other team starts to wear down.

- TRU

GottaHavePride
10/29/2006, 02:51 PM
True, but at the same time throwing there was a nice sign of some throat-stomping attitude out of our team. I was ok with that call.

goingoneight
10/29/2006, 02:52 PM
I think the 4th and inches call was gutsy, yes, but it had more to do with the fact that OUr D was shutting down the great Chase Daniel moreso than it had to do with being greedy. Kinda like in the MTSU and Colorado game, sometimes you can just sense that you're going to dominate, whether or not a 4th down conversion works or not. I think in all honesty, though... KW has been very creative considering the losses at OL, RB, QB and injuries at WR this season...

sooneron
10/29/2006, 02:54 PM
That 3rd and 11 keeper call is what ****ed me off.