PDA

View Full Version : Break out the novacaine........

Salt City Sooner
10/29/2006, 02:42 PM
if this comes to fruition. NOT AGAIN!

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

Dio
10/29/2006, 02:48 PM
If we have to rematch any previous bowl games this year, I'd much rather have another crack at Petey or Leslie.

sooneron
10/29/2006, 02:51 PM
SoCal vs. atm???

ugh, that could get ugly

Sooner_Havok
10/29/2006, 02:55 PM
If we have to rematch any previous bowl games this year, I'd much rather have another crack at Petey or Leslie.

Look, I know we don't want another trip down to Dallas and that sh*t hole they call a stadium, but the Cotten Bowl is a pretty prestigious bowl. It is after New Year's, and will be aired with the 5 BCS bowls on fox. It pretty much sucks for us the fans, but for the team it is pretty good. Plus, we could still have a shot at Lester the Molester :D

Rogue
Go Broncos!

Seriously, Arkansas reminds me of Tennessee last year. Their games were pretty boring, but the teams the played still looked like they were hurting the following week. The pig-sooeys are prolly the most physical team I've watched this year.

goingoneight
I, too see a possible OU/Arkie matchup, but I don't think Arkie will even touch us if AD rejoins for the game...

mrowl
10/29/2006, 02:59 PM
please. no cotton bowl.

10am kickoffs suck

fadada1
10/29/2006, 03:01 PM
i'd like to see us play tennessee or maybe even a louisville or rutgers (those would be fun).

jk the sooner fan
10/29/2006, 03:07 PM
living in dallas, i'd take the cotton bowl! hell i'd be there ;)

Blues1
10/29/2006, 03:09 PM
please. no cotton bowl.

10am kickoffs suck

And Please No Razorbacks...!!!

stoopified
10/29/2006, 03:16 PM
UT vs. Boise?Go ahead and mail them(Horns) the Bowl trophy now.Boise?What a joke.No ffense meant to Tulsa but that is the UT Boise should play.I think Tulsa would win.

CORNholio
10/29/2006, 03:57 PM
And Please No Razorbacks...!!!
Agreed. I've seen "the hills have eyes" and me no likey.
Any team that sports a pig as their mascot has to be just a little backward.

sooneron
10/29/2006, 04:01 PM
Whereas the cotton bowl sucks for the fans, it is better for the team and recruiting the dallas area.

RADsooner
10/29/2006, 06:16 PM
Any team that sports a pig as their mascot has to be just a little backward.

you should try working with hog fans,I work at a hospital in fort smith, and I got so much grief BEFORE the last cotton it wasnt funny,BUT couldnt get a single person to talk to me for a week AFTER the game. :D

MissouriSooner
10/29/2006, 06:32 PM
you should try working with hog fans,I work at a hospital in fort smith, and I got so much grief BEFORE the last cotton it wasnt funny,BUT couldnt get a single person to talk to me for a week AFTER the game. :D
I feel your pain. My work had me traveling NW Arkansas - including Fayetteville - when Arkansas beat OU in the Orange Bowl; the razorpiggies gave me grief for a year. When we blasted the Hogs in '87, not a peep.

Pepper
10/29/2006, 08:49 PM
A week ago that same site projected us in the Gator Bowl. Cotton Bowl is designated for the #2 Big 12 team, so at least we are now considered 2nd. Personally, I would love to see us play a Big 10 team. It has been years since we played one. There are a few Iowa fans at work who think the Big 10 is by far the best conference. I think an OU-Iowa matchup would be great to humble those guys, as if the Indiana loss didn't do enough damage.

StoopTroup
10/29/2006, 08:57 PM
The 10 or 11 am kickoff will have me watching from home more than likely.

It won't matter which Bowl Game it is either.

Cotton Bowl at 12 or later has me there.

I have to get my Tivo working too.

You miss to many games when you travel with your team, plus you have to have something to watch through the summer. :D

OSUAggie
10/29/2006, 09:00 PM
What the hell is the Texas Bowl??? CBS has OSU playing for the high school state championship of Texas against the state university of New Jersey... great.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/29/2006, 09:28 PM
What the hell is the Texas Bowl???

It's that round porcelain apparatus where I take my morning constitutional. I often read the paper while I'm at it.

sooneron
10/29/2006, 09:32 PM
Big tenelevn= two very good teams. that is all

BigRedJed
10/29/2006, 09:35 PM
That's the STATE university of New Jersey, and Rutgers would pound their orange asses.

MiccoMacey
10/29/2006, 09:36 PM
Doesn't second place go to the loser of the Big XII CCG? Therefore, we'd be third, and the likely recipient of the Holiday Bowl?

Soonerfan88
10/29/2006, 09:45 PM
The Big12 #2, #3, etc designator on the bowls is just the order in which they choose. There is no contractual obligation for the team finishing in a specific place to go to a specific bowl.

The Cotton would rather not have OU as we've already had our big weekend in Dallas and don't sell as well as other teams like Nebraska or even aTm. I predict we will be in the Holiday against the loser of USC/Cal.

sooneron
10/29/2006, 09:49 PM
That's the STATE university of New Jersey, and Rutgers would pound their orange asses.
I beg to differ. I'm watching a lackluster UConn team keep themselves out of the game with 3rd down playcalling.

BigRedJed
10/29/2006, 10:39 PM
I'm watching a lackluster puke team keep themselves out of the game with 3rd down playcalling.
I just updated that to something you might be posting in the Texas Bowl game thread.

sooneron
10/29/2006, 10:42 PM
I just updated that to something you might be posting in the Texas Bowl game thread.
you may want to check the score wayne luvah.

BigRedJed
10/29/2006, 10:46 PM
Hey, Rutgers very possibly sucks. However, it has been well established that the aggies suck. This week, they just happened to suck less than a team that is really, really sucky.

tbl
10/29/2006, 10:46 PM
Why are you guys complaining about the Cotton Bowl, especially saying it sucks from a fan perspective? I'd say at least 85% of the OU fanbase are within 4 hours or less of the stadium.

tbl
10/29/2006, 10:49 PM
Fox has us projected to play the Alamo bowl against Joe Pa.
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/3756322

tbl
10/29/2006, 10:51 PM
ESPN has us playing LSU in the Cotton and Cal in the Holiday.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2627844

BTW, all of the predictors so far have the whorns playing Boise State.

BigRedJed
10/29/2006, 10:56 PM
Why are you guys complaining about the Cotton Bowl, especially saying it sucks from a fan perspective? I'd say at least 85% of the OU fanbase are within 4 hours or less of the stadium.
Hmmm...

Crappy stadium
Not a sunny, faincy locale
No matter the matchup, will almost never compare well with the RRS matchup
No state fair
No Fletcher's Corny dogs, although the place where they are normally sold is taunting you just a few feet from the stadium
Most fans that would attend have been to Dallas. Over and over and over.
Close proximity to the Independance Bowl didn't make that a fun one to attend did it? Nope, the only thing that made that bowl fun was the preceeding 8 years of suck.

tbl
10/29/2006, 11:09 PM
Hmmm...

Crappy stadium
Not a sunny, faincy locale
No matter the matchup, will almost never compare well with the RRS matchup
No state fair
No Fletcher's Corny dogs, although the place where they are normally sold is taunting you just a few feet from the stadium
Most fans that would attend have been to Dallas. Over and over and over.
Close proximity to the Independance Bowl didn't make that a fun one to attend did it? Nope, the only thing that made that bowl fun was the preceeding 8 years of suck.
Yeah, I'd much rather have to dish out a buttload of money for airfare and a hotel. The team is who we root for, not the fresh experiences we get to have in a new city.

sooneron
10/29/2006, 11:11 PM
Yeah, I'd much rather have to dish out a buttload of money for airfare and a hotel. The team is who we root for, not the fresh experiences we get to have in a new city.
or one from last year...

man00
10/30/2006, 05:18 AM
I wouldn't care for the Arkansas match up, I think they would give us huge problems. Team speed on defense would be like none we seen this year, and
their pounding running game would take its toll.

Blues1
10/30/2006, 06:50 AM
I say Arkies Lose two more games -- and hopefully headed to Liberty Bowl..?

Sept 2 vs. USC L 14 - 50
Sept 9 vs. Utah State W 20 - 0
Sept 16 at Vanderbilt W 21 - 19
Sept 23 vs. Alabama W 24 - 23
Oct 7 at Auburn W 27 - 10
Oct 14 vs. Southeast Missouri State W 63 - 7
Oct 21 vs. Mississippi W 38 - 3
Oct 28 vs. Louisiana-Monroe W 44 - 10

Nov 4 at South Carolina 7:45 PM ET (Maybe a LOSS)

Nov 11 vs. Tennessee 2:00 PM ET (LOSS)
Nov 18 at Mississippi State TBA
Nov 24 vs. LSU 2:30 PM ET (LOSS)

No Pigs in Cotton Bowl......!!! :)

CORNholio
10/31/2006, 02:51 AM
Arkie=Okie Lite East....
I would dare say worse even.
Arkie has but one ancient Natty championship and about 50 years of marginal to suck......Yet if you have ever set foot in Chickenville you would think they were the original notre dame. They have a complete jealous hard on for OU (much like their cousins in Stoolwater), and Arkie has the most ignorant dillusional fan base ever(ditto). The children of the hills proudly boast their false game of the century (vs.Tx in 69 big f'ing deal), their endless superiority due to their membership to the SEC, their 36 indoor 36 outdoor track nat champs...lol,

I hope we never play these jackalopes ever again. Its like 20,000 Corky's with a southern accent. It's like OSU with pigs and chickens instead of sheep. It's like deliverence with a plastic hog hat.

SicEmBaylor
10/31/2006, 03:25 AM
What bowl is a Big XII/SEC matchup besides Cotton?

I'd love to see a Stoops/Spurrier bowl.

whitehelmutsagain
10/31/2006, 09:51 AM
Look, I know we don't want another trip down to Dallas and that sh*t hole they call a stadium, but the Cotten Bowl is a pretty prestigious bowl. It is after New Year's, and will be aired with the 5 BCS bowls on fox. It pretty much sucks for us the fans, but for the team it is pretty good. Plus, we could still have a shot at Lester the Molester :D

"COTTEN BOWL" ?:les:

sammmo
10/31/2006, 01:37 PM
It would almost be worth losing to aTm to get another shout at Petey.