PDA

View Full Version : I am getting my barn back

OUHOMER
10/29/2006, 01:15 PM
Started cleaning out the barn. You can not even walk in it since the Kids moved back home:mad: . I told the wife to stay out while throw this stuff away, next thing I know she down there making 3 piles , garage sale, goodwill, and keep. the daughter showed up and started helping.

Next, I was told to get out, because i was throwing everything in the trash.

So I left and they are doing all the dirty work:D .

When they get done I will load the goodwill stuff, and the garage sale stuff and give all to goodwill. When they ask about it, I will say I dont know I just took what was in the goodwill pile:D

Tailwind
10/29/2006, 01:34 PM
Heh! Good strategy!

Okla-homey
10/29/2006, 02:10 PM
Started cleaning out the barn. You can not even walk in it since the Kids moved back home:mad:

:les: FAILURE TO LAUNCH!

whatsername
10/29/2006, 02:42 PM
I sure hope the grief they give you is going to be worth it. :)

Rogue
10/29/2006, 02:53 PM
Can I put some stuff in the corner? Just for a few weeks or so.

OUHOMER
10/29/2006, 02:56 PM
it just gets better, they want to go to the goodwill store to look for something. I said since your going take my truck, it full of stuff and 2 you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone... I love it when a plan comes together

ultimatesooner1
10/29/2006, 03:56 PM
When they get done I will load the goodwill stuff, and the garage sale stuff and give all to goodwill. When they ask about it, I will say I dont know I just took what was in the goodwill pile:D

great plan unless they read this board :D

whatsername
10/29/2006, 04:22 PM
Hopefully they don't come back with too much junk. :)

OUHOMER
10/29/2006, 05:19 PM
Damn, place was closed. Now i will have to drive around all day tomorrow with it until i can drop it off tomorrow after work.

Hopefully they don't come back with too much junk. At least they didn't bring home any more crap.

like the old sewing machine in a cabnet I now have to get rid of. I guess goodwill will take that too

LoyalFan
10/29/2006, 06:22 PM
Psssst...(yer barn door is open!)

Jes' tryin' to help.

LF

Preservation Parcels
10/29/2006, 07:48 PM
If you itemize your deductions, make sure you get a receipt. You'll be surprised at how much you can take. It can add up to a lot more than you can get for it at a garage sale, and you'll go through a lot less grief. Here is the link for the value that the Salvation Army places on your donations. With this and a list of your stuff, you can deduct up to a few thousand dollars' worth of donations.

http://www.salvationarmysouth.org/valueguide.htm

OUHOMER
10/29/2006, 08:18 PM
If you itemize your deductions, make sure you get a receipt. You'll be surprised at how much you can take. It can add up to a lot more than you can get for it at a garage sale, and you'll go through a lot less grief. Here is the link for the value that the Salvation Army places on your donations. With this and a list of your stuff, you can deduct up to a few thousand dollars' worth of donations.

http://www.salvationarmysouth.org/valueguide.htm

Thanks, we do itemize, but we just guess at the price like $1.00 for shirts.. I have been losing out.