PDA

View Full Version : T-World at it again 1in/Big pic lOSUr OU 1/2in small pic

crimson&cream
10/29/2006, 12:59 PM
Tell me the T-World staff ain't lOSUr homies. 1inch headlines and big pic OU 1/2 in headlines and small pic , but should be surprised it's that way most of the week also. Here TU is having a fine season and hometown newspaper gives them little respect coverage wise.
Then John Hoover goes on to say OU finally went on the road an beat a ranked team something they haven't done since 2004 lOSUr game.
Guess he forgot about the Holiday Bowl an OU beating # 6 Oregon. Were T-Tech & Oregon ranked when the refs took those games from OU on the road-if so thats actually 4 games OU has won on the road since thier beloved lOSUr loss to OU in 2004.
Gosh T W staff must be smokin some Brokeback Cowpuke turds found around Stoolwater. They're about as fair and balanced as Fox.:pop:

SoonerInKCMO
10/29/2006, 01:05 PM
People read the Tulsa World? :confused:

Flagstaffsooner
10/29/2006, 01:08 PM
People read the Tulsa World? :confused:Ghey pokes do.

crimson&cream
10/29/2006, 01:13 PM
People read the Tulsa World? :confused:
I shouldn't --think I'll quit!:D

birddog
10/29/2006, 01:29 PM
people worry about this stuff?

the World knows the DO caters to ou fans. so, they have found a niche with osu fans. i wouldn't let something like that bother me.

Tear Down This Wall
10/29/2006, 01:49 PM
Guys, I hate to be the one to give the geography lesson here, but, Tulsa is closer to Stillwater than to Norman. Why do you expect the coverage to be any different than the way it is?

Also, having lived in Tulsa before, I can't for the life of me figure out why some of you would even bother to glance at their rag anyway. Especially when you are on the internet and can get coverage from anywhere else.

GottaHavePride
10/29/2006, 02:06 PM
Another idea: maybe OSU beating Nebraska is just a bigger deal than us beating Missouri? I mean this is what, their second victory over Nebraska since 1980? And they said we've won 16 of the last 17 over Missouri? So which gets the bigger headline? "OU beats Mizzou AGAIN" or "Holy Crap, Nebraska loses to OSU" ?

Some of you guys have a ridiculously big chip on your shoulder regarding what the media thinks of us. Who really gives a ****?

Tear Down This Wall
10/29/2006, 02:11 PM
Some of you guys have a ridiculously big chip on your shoulder regarding what the media thinks of us. Who really gives a ****?

Amen, that.

Dio
10/29/2006, 02:20 PM
We are not aggy- quit whining. TIA

sooneron
10/29/2006, 02:39 PM
Yeah, this reeks of aggy whining about the jokelahoman.

goingoneight
10/29/2006, 03:04 PM
I do seem to remember a sports ection of a certain Tulsa World that had nothing but OU articles for weeks in January 2001... and very many through 2004.

The media loves to ride the pine when you're on a high... but will always kick you when you're down... You ALL should know that by now...

crimson&cream
10/29/2006, 06:20 PM
We are not aggy- quit whining. TIA
I'm sorry your right who gives a $hit, and I'll not forget to ck with some of you before I have another opinon to see if passes your litmus test.:rolleyes:

crimson&cream
10/29/2006, 06:25 PM
Another idea: maybe OSU beating Nebraska is just a bigger deal than us beating Missouri? I mean this is what, their second victory over Nebraska since 1980? And they said we've won 16 of the last 17 over Missouri? So which gets the bigger headline? "OU beats Mizzou AGAIN" or "Holy Crap, Nebraska loses to OSU" ?

One difference is lOSUr wasn't ranked and two ranked teams were OU/MU and usually thats where the interest lies. Besides who has Nebr beat of any consequence. they played USuckC pretty well only by the way Cowlaherd managed the clock to keep the score down and we're seeing now that this isn't the same SC of the past few yrs they've been living on the edge now for the past few weeks and it caught up to them yesterday, so now Nebr paying them well deosn't look as bright. Is Nebr any better than they were 3 yrs ago.????:cool:

birddog
10/29/2006, 07:06 PM

they beat 'em in '02. before that it was '61.

Octavian
10/29/2006, 09:09 PM
...I mean this is what, their second victory over Nebraska since 1880?

almost. :D

This is only the fourth time OSU has beaten Nebraska in 41 tries.

Not quite Hale-Bopp but they should get a little ink.

...and I it's fun reading about the Callahan Era

sooneron
10/29/2006, 09:11 PM
crimson & cream must earn a few lumps....

Dio
10/29/2006, 11:45 PM
I'm sorry your right who gives a $hit, and I'll not forget to ck with some of you before I have another opinon to see if passes your litmus test.:rolleyes:

Listen, Dixie Chick- you're entitled to your opinion, and we're entitled to tell you it sucks.

poke4christ
10/30/2006, 10:26 AM
Your kidding me right? You're complaining about not getting respect from a newspaper? If you added up the articles in the DOK for ou and osu, OU's would double OSU's. OU fans can't complain, they get MUCH more love. You guys got it good, stop pretending you don't and live it up.

Zach

XingTheRubicon
10/30/2006, 10:33 AM
Your kidding me right? You're complaining about not getting respect from a newspaper? If you added up the articles in the DOK for ou and osu, OU's would double OSU's. OU fans can't complain, they get MUCH more love. You guys got it good, stop pretending you don't and live it up.

Zach

That's the point OU's football program is more important and in demand by ten fold

JohnnyMack
10/30/2006, 10:36 AM
The LosuR win over the bugeaters was a bigger story than OU handling Mizzou. If Mizery had been undefeated we'd have gotten the bigger picture. However anyone who watched Mizery play (cough, cough A&M game, cough, cough) knew they were overrated as hell. They were scoring points with their gimmick offense against ****ty opponents, once they got in to some real competition they get put where they belong. As for Aggie Lite, their defense finally didn't melt down and they got their one big win a season.

picasso
10/30/2006, 10:40 AM
who gives a crap. the original post sounds more Aggy than the pics.

poke4christ
10/30/2006, 10:50 AM
I think I'd place these wins about equally in importance. OU finally had a complete game against a quality opponent, and OSU finally did the same. The fact is, both of these teams are better than previously thought. I see OU going 9-3 with one more loss to either A&M or OSU. I see OSU going 7-5 with a loss to texas, a win over Baylor, and then spliting the OU and Tech games.

Zach

picasso
10/30/2006, 10:57 AM
with the Baylor QB going down I now see oSu winning one remaining game.

poke4christ
10/30/2006, 10:59 AM
with the Baylor QB going down I now see oSu winning one remaining game.

Really? That's such a surprise. I can't believe that you don't respect OSU. :rolleyes:

I can take off my orange glasses and give OU props for a win and then give a realistic appraisal. Why can no one here do the same for OSU?

Zach

OSUAggie
10/30/2006, 11:04 AM
Why would anyone respect Losur Aggot with T Bone's monopoly money when they just go out and screw their sisters and then inpregnate sheep while licking rust off the side of T Bone stadium and can't even fill that up with their trailer trash fans eating in the soup kitchens and their fake, stolen traditions? Idiot...

picasso
10/30/2006, 11:07 AM
Really? That's such a surprise. I can't believe that you don't respect OSU. :rolleyes:

I can take off my orange glasses and give OU props for a win and then give a realistic appraisal. Why can no one here do the same for OSU?

Zach
respect? you have an explosive offense and an iffy defense and you can't win on the road.
no way you beat Texas. Tech will throttle you as per usual.
your best chance is Baylor and OU. I"ll admit our game makes me nervous.

you Pokes seem to forget you had an explosive offense in '03 yet you only won one Big 12 south game.

OSUAggie
10/30/2006, 11:10 AM
^^^^^^^ Beat Tech, Baylor and A&M in '03.... Probly meant '04, but we didn't have an explosive offense in '04... except against OU's secondary

picasso
10/30/2006, 11:13 AM
^^^^^^^ Beat Tech, Baylor and A&M in '03.... Probly meant '04, but we didn't have an explosive offense in '04... except against OU's secondary
ahh that's right. Miles' last year. my bad.

in '04 you had a pretty good offense. Morency and Woods.

I'll admit oSu is getting better and better but you need to win on the road to really storke yourself. that or beat OU, which is all that matters to you folk.

poke4christ
10/30/2006, 11:13 AM
respect? you have an explosive offense and an iffy defense and you can't win on the road.
no way you beat Texas. Tech will throttle you as per usual.
your best chance is Baylor and OU. I"ll admit our game makes me nervous.

you Pokes seem to forget you had an explosive offense in '03 yet you only won one Big 12 south game.

Okay, now that's a real analysis and I will respect it. Also, I'm sorry for being a jerk in my previous post.

Couple of things here. I agree chances are small against Texas. Tech is by no means a blowout. They have no D. I'm guessing a shootout. Baylor might as well be a 'w' now, and OU will be one Dang good game.

Also, our D is getting better. With the exception of a pointless TD with 10 seconds left, we shut out NU in the second half. NU is one of the top Offenses in the Big 12. We are also number 3 in the nation in sacks with 30. Our biggest problem is inconsistancy.

Zach

Octavian
10/30/2006, 11:15 AM
....we didn't have an explosive offense in '04... except against OU's secondary

and the 1st Half in Austin.

poke4christ
10/30/2006, 11:16 AM
I'll admit oSu is getting better and better but you need to win on the road...

You hit the nail on the head with this comment. We need to win either Texas or Tech or really make some waves.

Zach

poke4christ
10/30/2006, 11:18 AM
and the 1st Half in Austin.

No joke, I just want us to be competitive througout the game. If we come out and dominate early I might just take a nap (I'll be at the game).

Zach

Jimminy Crimson
10/30/2006, 11:25 AM
If you added up the articles in the DOK for ou and osu, OU's would double OSU's. OU fans can't complain, they get MUCH more love.

That's because OU fans outnumber OSU fans about 5-2 in the state.

picasso
10/30/2006, 11:27 AM
and props to Claremore Aggie for coming here after a big win.

at least Poke4Christ has been logged in for a while. he's the lone oSu Zombie around here.

picasso
10/30/2006, 11:28 AM
That's because OU fans outnumber OSU fans about 5-2 in the state.
but but, half of them didn't even go to OU! that's why we Pokes is better fans and stuff.

poke4christ
10/30/2006, 11:32 AM
but but, half of them didn't even go to OU! that's why we Pokes is better fans and stuff.

How it works out is pretty understandable. OSU and OU get all of their alumni, and OU gets the swing vote because they are a better football school. However, I'm still trying to figure out why OU has very little basketball following regardless of the fact that they've been one of the top teams in the big 12 for the last 10 years or so.

Zach

poke4christ
10/30/2006, 11:36 AM

at least Poke4Christ has been logged in for a while. he's the lone oSu Zombie around here.

The thing is I can take a little crap without it motivating me to be an arse. Just the fact that I'm sitting at 150 posts and my spek is still green should speak for itself.

Zach

picasso
10/30/2006, 11:37 AM
How it works out is pretty understandable. OSU and OU get all of their alumni, and OU gets the swing vote because they are a better football school. However, I'm still trying to figure out why OU has very little basketball following regardless of the fact that they've been one of the top teams in the big 12 for the last 10 years or so.

Zach
we do have a large basketball following. people just can't drive 4 hours twice a week like they can for Saturdays. I'll admit it's sad that we don't fill the stands for basketball but it's not like oSu is a sellout for every fricking sport they field.

both schools have fine athletic programs but football is king around here and OU football is what put the state on the map.

belch.

Jimminy Crimson
10/30/2006, 11:39 AM
However, I'm still trying to figure out why OU has very little basketball following regardless of the fact that they've been one of the top teams in the big 12 for the last 10 years or so.

:kelvin: TAKE IT TO THE BASKETBALL BOARD!!!11!1!!!!

OSUAggie
10/30/2006, 11:53 AM

i've been around for a while ... just under different names

picasso
10/30/2006, 01:05 PM
i've been around for a while ... just under different names
ok, fair enough then. there's 2 of you. even after '01 and '02 no sign of many Pokes around here.
I guess it will take years to crawl out of that depressive hole.:D

poke4christ
10/30/2006, 01:21 PM
ok, fair enough then. there's 2 of you. even after '01 and '02 no sign of many Pokes around here.
I guess it will take years to crawl out of that depressive hole.:D

It's also not the most welcoming enviroment. I am overall a very nice guy here and I get SOOOOO much crap for just being a poke fan.

Zach

Octavian
10/30/2006, 01:24 PM
It's also not the most welcoming enviroment.

Helander statement in 5, 4, 3, 2...

picasso
10/30/2006, 01:39 PM
It's also not the most welcoming enviroment. I am overall a very nice guy here and I get SOOOOO much crap for just being a poke fan.

Zach
environment is hardly ever any good for an opposing fan. I post on Hornfans on rare occasion and they are much much more abrasive.