PDA

View Full Version : Things I learned yesterday

booomer
10/29/2006, 08:37 AM
Mike Leach was Stoops' offensive coordinator for a number of years at OU.....

.....and

Mike Gundy wants "good people" on his team.

Other than that....it was a typical day!

:D

The Preach Man
10/29/2006, 09:50 AM
I dont get it.:confused:

sooner_born_1960
10/29/2006, 09:57 AM
one is a number.

Rooster
10/29/2006, 01:04 PM
I heard that...One of the ABC announcers said that mike leach was stoops OC for several years in norman....

okienator
10/29/2006, 01:38 PM
can anybody tell me the reasson for no names on jerseys. and why pull browns r/s off for four plays

Sooner_Havok
10/29/2006, 01:45 PM
That LoSur is going to have 20,000 more empty seats next year!

goingoneight
10/29/2006, 03:52 PM
one is a number.

and water is wet... really, really wet.

Scott D
10/29/2006, 05:20 PM
can anybody tell me the reasson for no names on jerseys. and why pull browns r/s off for four plays

before the season Coach Stoops said that it was primarily because the team had gotten a sense of entitlement that they hadn't earned. Joe C was seen whispering in the background that it saved them a bunch of money to use on bigger advertising space.

birddog
10/29/2006, 05:21 PM
before the season Coach Stoops said that it was primarily because the team had gotten a sense of entitlement that they hadn't earned. Joe C was seen whispering in the background that it saved them a bunch of money to use on bigger advertising space.

why the patience all of a sudden?:D

Scott D
10/29/2006, 05:26 PM
why the patience all of a sudden?:D

I danno, I don't think he realized that false entitlement went to Sam Houston State ;)

Big Red Ron
10/29/2006, 05:28 PM
can anybody tell me the reasson for no names on jerseys. and why pull browns r/s off for four playsHe can still redshirt. I don't remember the number maybe it's a percentage of total play or something but he could still RS.

birddog
10/29/2006, 05:29 PM
I learned that OU has learned to win without Adrian Peterson and this could be Coach Stoops' best coaching effort ever.
That's good news for us, huh?

and patrick will be a moose in ther backfield next year.

i also learned how confident i feel with pt back there.

soonerhubs
10/29/2006, 05:30 PM
Someone help me out here. Did JW redshirt the 2000 Season. (I know. I should be ashamed for not knowing this.)

PS Did anyone know Mike Leach never played football?

royalfan5
10/29/2006, 05:30 PM
He can still redshirt. I don't remember the number maybe it's a percentage of total play or something but he could still RS.
I thought that only applied to Medical Redshirts.

Big Red Ron
10/29/2006, 05:35 PM
I thought that only applied to Medical Redshirts.In that case, I hear he sprained his ankle in practice. :)

No offense there Royal but you learn that OSU is a good team or that NU hasn't turned the corner yet? I can't decide.

OSU looks like crap on D. Seems like NU should have beaten them.

sooneron
10/29/2006, 05:41 PM
Someone help me out here. Did JW redshirt the 2000 Season. (I know. I should be ashamed for not knowing this.)

I believe that he had a hurt back that year.

soonerhubs
10/29/2006, 05:46 PM
I believe that he had a hurt back that year.
I thought that was the case, but I could have sworn I saw him playing in a game that year at the end of the game. I may be wrong.

sooneron
10/29/2006, 05:49 PM
Hybl played in the baylor game and a couple of others, though, not enough imo. I've always thought that Stoops kept 1st team players in too late- sort of a punishment thing for not executing 100% in the game even if we are up by 4+ scores.

soonerhubs
10/29/2006, 05:49 PM
I found my answer on soonerstats.
Jason White
2000: Played in just two games ... came in late against both Nebraska and Baylor ... didn't attempt a pass all year ... was a value to the squad as a member of the scout team.

It was the Nebraska game that I was thinking of.

sooneron
10/29/2006, 05:51 PM
Wow, I didn't remember that from the NU game.

royalfan5
10/29/2006, 05:53 PM
In that case, I hear he sprained his ankle in practice. :)

No offense there Royal but you learn that OSU is a good team or that NU hasn't turned the corner yet? I can't decide.

OSU looks like crap on D. Seems like NU should have beaten them.
Yep, sometimes injuries work in your favor.;) Also, OSU is better than they were but they are still not that great. NU has some nice players and does somethings well, but there are also a few glaring weakness, and we're not good enough to show up and play without fire and expect to win. NU has had a problem with that on the road. Until that gets fixed, NU will be Iowa State.