PDA

View Full Version : Why does John Rhode work for the Okalhoman?

Sooner-N-KS
10/29/2006, 08:35 AM
http://www.newsok.com/article/2963320/

John Rhode wrote a piece this morning saying he doubted OU, OU didn't doubt themselves, and he still doubts OU.

He seems to give more credit to Mizzu loosing than OU winning.

Then he writes this: "In their two statement games — at Oregon and against Texas — the Sooners went 0-for-2."

OU made their statement at Oregon, but the officials made their statement as well.

The DOK website should have a warning on their links. "Warning: This article about OU was writen by John Rhode."

Dio
10/29/2006, 08:50 AM
The headline is "Sooners Silence Non-Believers"

Well, obviously not, if Rhode's ignorant azz is still weighing in.

Sooner-N-KS
10/29/2006, 08:53 AM
I noticed that too. He's talking out of both sides of his a$$.

The headline says the non-beliver's are silenced, but the article's point seems to be, "You can't silence me."

BajaOklahoma
10/29/2006, 08:59 AM
You just gave him another week on his contract.
Whatever it takes to get readers works is ok as far as the Oklahoman is concerned. Until the writer loses access to the program or persons involved. More readers = higher prices for ads = more revenue

soonerwxman
10/29/2006, 09:10 AM
Another quote: "Saturday's game was a coin toss, whether or not anyone on the OU side is willing to admit it."

Also, do you think OU may have actually CAUSED a few Mizzo errors?!

Rhode's a TOOL!

Sooner-N-KS
10/29/2006, 09:34 AM
Whatever it takes to get readers works is ok as far as the Oklahoman is concerned. Until the writer loses access to the program or persons involved. More readers = higher prices for ads = more revenue

I don't agree. I went to the DOK site to read articles about OU football, not to see what John Rhode wrote. I clicked on a link on their site, and I started reading the article without even thinking about looking to see who wrote the article. Part way through the article I asked myself, "Who wrote this piece of trash." That caused me to look to see the 'author.'

If someone from the DOK reads this thread they will find that if I see a John Rhode article I'm less likely to read it.

TUSooner
10/29/2006, 09:41 AM
Exactly. That's why I don't subscribe to the Oklahoman,

that, and the fact that I live 850 miles away :O

OKC-SLC
10/29/2006, 09:48 AM
Rohde is acting like the ****** he is--one that has been pointing out their flaws, but now has to defend why he was wrong.

[rohde-******/]BUT MIZZOU GAME THEM THE GAME....BUT OU REALLY DIDN'T DESERVE TO WIN...BUT THE OFFICIALS GAVE THEM SOME CALLS....BUT OU REALLY ISN'T THAT GOOD[rohde-******].

what a ****.

AlbqSooner
10/29/2006, 10:00 AM
The headline is "Sooners Silence Non-Believers"

Well, obviously not, if Rhode's ignorant azz is still weighing in.
Fact about newspapers: Writers write the article. They do not write the headline.

sooner518
10/29/2006, 10:30 AM
Apparently we had nothing to do with causing 4 turnovers. And come to think of it, I do clearly remember the Missouri player turning around and blocking their own team's punt. Geez what a day of mistakes for MIzzou, and OU sure didn't cause any.

Soonerus
10/29/2006, 10:38 AM
Rhode is from Colorado and has never been a Sooner fan....,he always looks for the negative to say about the Sooners....probably because in his youth and years living in Colorado he developed a "chip" on his shoulder about OU from the constant beating OU put on Colorado, like some other fans have developed, e.g. OSU...He is aggie-like....

OUAndy1807
10/29/2006, 10:49 AM
Who gives a **** if he's a sooner fan? He's writing for a paper, not for Sooner Spectator. His job is to stir it up and get people talking, which apparently he's good at.

Sooner-N-KS
10/29/2006, 11:07 AM
And it appears that I can't spell Oklahoman. :( Hey, I think I just did.

Flagstaffsooner
10/29/2006, 12:04 PM
Rhode is from Colorado and has never been a Sooner fan....,he always looks for the negative to say about the Sooners....probably because in his youth and years living in Colorado he developed a "chip" on his shoulder about OU from the constant beating OU put on Colorado, like some other fans have developed, e.g. OSU...He is aggie-like....I always thought the little fart biter was a ND fan.

BudSooner
10/29/2006, 12:25 PM
Because the astin american statesman lets him moonlight when he is not cleaning out sewers?

seriously the guy sucks, seriously.

NormanPride
10/29/2006, 12:55 PM
don't let him bother you. if you do, he'll still have his job next week :D

westcoast_sooner
10/29/2006, 01:02 PM
http://www.newsok.com/article/2963320/

John Rhode wrote a piece this morning saying he doubted OU, OU didn't doubt themselves, and he still doubts OU.

He seems to give more credit to Mizzu loosing than OU winning.

Then he writes this: "In their two statement games — at Oregon and against Texas — the Sooners went 0-for-2."

OU made their statement at Oregon, but the officials made their statement as well.

The DOK website should have a warning on their links. "Warning: This article about OU was writen by John Rhode."

Seems like the trip to Columbia yesterday had to be another "statement game". A lot of the media seemed to think that Mizzou was the real deal, and with their QB they couldn't lose. But if there was a "statement series" yesterday, it had to be our D stopping their unstoppable offensive machine on 4 tries to get into the endzone. What a great defensive stand.

bluedogok
10/29/2006, 01:22 PM
Because the astin american statesman lets him moonlight when he is not cleaning out sewers?

seriously the guy sucks, seriously.
He wouldn't make it down here either, he wouldn't take the oath (thank you sir may I have another) and be surgically attached to Mack and Deloss Dodds nads like all of the other media outlets seem to be. I think they need to just move the sports departments into the UT-Sports Information Office because that is who writes their copy.

BTW - In the statesman yesterday all but one of the writers picked Mizzou :rolleyes:

Next weeks game is almost as bad as the Rose Bowl last year...why can't both of them lose :mad:

Sooner-N-KS
10/29/2006, 01:23 PM
There seems to be a trend with Missouri. They get a QB that people think is going to tear OU apart, but OU makes them look inept.

bluedogok
10/29/2006, 01:31 PM
That has happened quite often with other teams also, remember "Seneca Wallace - Heisman Candidate"

Big Red Ron
10/29/2006, 01:33 PM
The Oklahoman has gotten worse since the old man passed away.

Flagstaffsooner
10/29/2006, 01:41 PM
The Oklahoman has gotten worse since the old man passed away.You mean Eddie or EK? EK had some integrity, Eddie didn't. And the next generation is worse.

Big Red Ron
10/29/2006, 02:05 PM
You mean Eddie or EK? EK had some integrity, Eddie didn't. And the next generation is worse.As crazy at may sound, "The Worst Paper in America," got worse when EL Gaylord dies in 2003. His daughter, Christy Everest is primarily responsible.

AlbqSooner
10/29/2006, 02:05 PM
That has happened quite often with other teams also, remember "Seneca Wallace - Heisman Candidate"
I remember - but the voters didn't

bluedogok
10/29/2006, 04:55 PM
Most voters are idiots, they were talking about that on the Sportsbash on ESPN Radio. I can't remember who he was talking to, but it was someone who covers college football. His statement was the reason why the best player on the best team or someone like Brady Quinn gets votes is because the majority of voters do not really cover college football. He also stated most writers that vote are in pro markets and that is their priority and they shouldn't even have a vote.

soonerboomer93
10/29/2006, 06:12 PM
Rhode is from Colorado and has never been a Sooner fan....,he always looks for the negative to say about the Sooners....probably because in his youth and years living in Colorado he developed a "chip" on his shoulder about OU from the constant beating OU put on Colorado, like some other fans have developed, e.g. OSU...He is aggie-like....

Yeah, cause like, if you're like from Colorado you like must be a CU fan.

OUDoc
10/29/2006, 08:57 PM
I couldn't finish Rhode's article. It was complete crap and an insult to an OU team that played well.

picasso
10/29/2006, 09:00 PM
Douglas S. Looney Jr. huh?

sooneron
10/29/2006, 09:06 PM
I always thought the little fart biter was a ND fan.
fart biter, I shall have to use that one.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/30/2006, 06:32 AM
It would make sense that some of the sports writers in OK would be anti-OU, with aggy having so many supporters, and even Tulsa U. quite a few. When I lived in Tulsa, the TU fans I knew didn't like OU at all. Plus, there can be big fans from other programs out of state who have taken jobs in OK...