PDA

View Full Version : "Chuck Chuck" hits SoCal

OUstud
10/28/2006, 10:15 PM
16-14 losers to CAL POLY!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/29/2006, 02:19 AM
PULEEEZE,SDSU, keep him and give him a fair chance, puleeeze!

Tear Down This Wall
10/29/2006, 01:28 PM
Our former assistants haven't been choosy enough about where they go to advance. Chuck went to a part of California where the best kids will always lean to Pac-10 schools first. What he did was basically what people do when they take the Baylor job in our conference - settle for whatever players remain after the best are gone.

Congrats to Chuck for his pay increase as a head coach. That's about all the good that's going to come out of that move for him. Hope he's a good investment planner.

Big Red Ron
10/29/2006, 01:31 PM
Our former assistants haven't been choosy enough about where they go to advance. Chuck went to a part of California where the best kids will always lean to Pac-10 schools first. What he did was basically what people do when they take the Baylor job in our conference - settle for whatever players remain after the best are gone.

Congrats to Chuck for his pay increase as a head coach. That's about all the good that's going to come out of that move for him. Hope he's a good investment planner.I doubt he would have taken SDSU if he were really wanted around here.

Tear Down This Wall
10/29/2006, 01:38 PM
It doesn't matter whether or not we wanted him around. He could have gone somewhere else as an O.C./QB coach. Instead, he did what Mangino and Mike Stoops did - take crappy football coaching jobs for a pay increase.

There's nothing wrong with that. You can't blame the guys for taking better care of their family situation financially. But, the constant posting about them losing is old. We all know they're going to lose, it's not news. Not even when a I-AA schools beats them.

Barry Switzer once said that the players are responsible for executing the game plan no matter who the coaches are. It's true. But, Long, Stoops, and Mangino are at places where they are never going to get the best or, in most cases, even the second or third best players in their areas.

Mangino and Long I could care less about. Mike's the one I thought would be like Bob and wait for a really good traditional power job to be offered before he left. Who knows, though - maybe Mike just likes to watch good college basketball during the long, bowl-free off seasons. If so, Arizona's perfect.