PDA

View Full Version : ok, im sick

Jerk
10/28/2006, 09:12 PM
I just saw a 22 minute video of police shooting a perp in LA.

The dumbasses shot their own k9.

How in the f*** do you shoot your own dog, dumbarses?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-371776751480423823&q=Deandre+Brunston

StoopTroup
10/28/2006, 09:19 PM
Did they ever get Bonnie on the phone?

Jerk
10/28/2006, 09:23 PM
Did they ever get Bonnie on the phone?

No. "biotch" ..wait... "Momma's baby" was in the back of a squad car.

StoopTroup
10/28/2006, 09:38 PM
They turned the dog loose...just like he asked....lol.

Jerk
10/28/2006, 09:44 PM
They turned the dog loose...just like he asked....lol.

Yeah, and shot it. A cop who can't use a weapon in CQC shouldn't be in CQC....they should be writing traffic tickets or something. You don't shoot before identifying the target.

jk the sooner fan
10/28/2006, 10:26 PM
wow, they made so many mistakes with their negotiation.....i lost count

what a sad deal

tbl
10/29/2006, 01:04 PM
I'm 10 minutes in, and it sure looks like they've done it right so far. It seems obvious that this guy wants suicide by cop (considering he explicitly stated that).

tbl
10/29/2006, 01:31 PM
Okay... now I've watched it all. The first couple of minutes they were negotiating and trying to work with the guy to get the girl on the phone. Apparently they got impatient and went to the stupid zone. Those idiots should have just put the dog in the car and worked with the guy. Not to mention that he threw the gun down before the first shots were fired. That was messed up.

Flagstaffsooner
10/29/2006, 01:36 PM
The dog was a better being than that meth head. They should have killed that bastard right away.

tbl
10/29/2006, 01:41 PM
Are you serious?????

mrowl
10/29/2006, 01:48 PM
The dog was a better being than that meth head. They should have killed that bastard right away.

agree-ance

jk the sooner fan
10/29/2006, 01:57 PM
whether you agree with it or not, the principle of negotiation is to save lives, even the ones you wish to throw away

the guy said he was tired......they had him cornered like a rat......the dogs should never have been an issue, they shouldnt have been within eyesight or ear sight......another hour and even a half *** negotiator, and the guy would be alive in jail and the dog alive with his partner

Flagstaffsooner
10/29/2006, 02:14 PM
Are you serious?????Yup, the guy threatened to shoot and was on the run for murder. He was obviously tweaked, you can't negotiate with a nut like that. Why waste a dog on scum like that?

jk the sooner fan
10/29/2006, 02:24 PM
you can negotiate with a nut like that

Flagstaffsooner
10/29/2006, 02:33 PM
you can negotiate with a nut like thatNot a meth head like that. I agree the fuselage (sp) was a little over the top, but it was obvious that that guy was not going to be taken alive.

jk the sooner fan
10/29/2006, 02:35 PM
based on my training and experience, i disagree with you

Flagstaffsooner
10/29/2006, 02:41 PM
I respect the opinions of a professional, JK, and will withdraw from the argument. But I still maintain my veiws on this.

jk the sooner fan
10/29/2006, 02:46 PM
you CAN negotiate with druggies......i doubt he's a meth head.....he honestly doesnt fit the stereotype

if he truly wanted to die, he wouldnt have sat there and engaged in conversation, he would have stood up and fired his gun....it would have been over in seconds

his fear of dogs told me right away that he did in fact want to live.......when you lose the will to live, you lose most of your fears as well....when your "demands" are reasonable (i.e. talking to a loved one)........you want to live......generally speaking anyway......there are times when people want to say goodbye

i dont know with 100% certainty that it wouldnt have ended the way it did.....but they violated almost every principle of negotiation.....they lost a dog which is inexcusable....in an hour, that guy would have succumbed to fatigue and likely surrendered

i've negotiated 2 hostage situations......one that ended badly and one that didnt

Flagstaffsooner
10/29/2006, 02:55 PM
they lost a dog which is inexcusable....I think that is what really set me off on the whole deal. I value animal life more than human life when the human is a criminal.

jk the sooner fan
10/29/2006, 02:57 PM
the biggest problem is that they weren't treating the situation like they should have....they had the wrong personnel and thats why they lost the dog

Flagstaffsooner
10/29/2006, 03:08 PM
I agree with you. The cop was more arguing than negotiating.

tbl
10/29/2006, 05:00 PM
Why in the mess are we even discussing a stinking dog here??? It's a DOG. I don't care that it's a police dog. It's a DOG.

Ultimately, the point is the guy threw his gun down as soon as the dog approached, so he was unarmed when they unloaded 80 rounds on him (hitting him over 20 times). He didn't shoot at the dog or the police like he had said he was going to, and frankly I think it serves the cops right that the dog got shot. Those morons had no reason to let the dog go when it was obvious that the guy was willing to talk. Anybody with half a brain could have diffused the situation. Frankly I think the guys wanted to shoot him, and I am definitely not one to believe in racist conspiracies.

What you don't see on the video is they called in a medivac helicopter for the dog and airlifted him to a special vet, and they didn't even bring in an ambulance for the man. They let him die like a dog on the street (there's a reason that's a common figure of speech). The fact that the police shared the same opinion that the dog was more important than the man is extremely disturbing.

This took place 2 years ago and nothing ever came of it, so anything we say is moot. The cops got away with it and there was no discipline ever handed down.

jk the sooner fan
10/29/2006, 05:13 PM
i dont know what video you watched, but there were NOT 80 rounds fired in the link that i watched......nowhere even close

sooneron
10/29/2006, 06:47 PM
I don't know what has happened in the earth's axis or whatever, but I completely agree with jkm. The fuzz botched that one really bad. Was the kid really wanted for murder or was he just trying to raise his street cred? Either way, that was stupid. He didn't appear to be on anything though.

jk the sooner fan
10/29/2006, 06:51 PM
jkm?

Jerk
10/29/2006, 10:11 PM
tbl - while I agree that your average dog is no where near the value of your average human life, I have to disagree about this particular dog being "just a dog." That dog was probably an imported GSD from Germany costing the tax payers around 8k (maybe more), They are loyal, obediant, and they will sacrifice their own lives to save their master's. In Oklahoma, if you kill a police dog or a police horse, you get charged with murder of a police officer. Yeah, so in the eyes of justice, killing one of these animals is bad news. Again, I not trying to say that a dog is worth more than a human but the officers shooting and killing their own dog is tragic and stupid. They all came across as incompetent and untrained in that video. Hell, they're lucky that wasn't a human cop they killed. I wouldn't want them behind me whilst kicking in the door of a meth house. I'm afraid a small pistol is too much firepower for those guys, much less an SMG.

In certian agencies, this would go down as a 'friendly fire' incident and someone would get fired, and possibly charged, as if he shot another cop.

The Oklahoma County Sherrif's Dept. values their dogs so much that when one jumped off a 30 foot bridge after a subject, they had OKCPD land their helicopter on the highway and flew the animal to a vet.

49r
10/29/2006, 10:17 PM
Sitting on this barstool talking like a damn fool
Got the twelve oclock news blues
And Ive given up hope on the afternoon soaps
And a bottle of cold brew
Is it any wonder Im not crazy? is it any wonder Im sane at all
Well Im so tired of losing- I got nothing to do and all day to do it
I go out cruisin but Ive no place to go and all night to get there
Is it any wonder Im not a criminal?
Is it any wonder Im not in jail?
Is it any wonder Ive got