PDA

View Full Version : Re: Potential Matchup Between USC and OU in the Holiday Bowl...

Half a Hundred
10/28/2006, 06:21 PM
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/90/pics/90tupdate2.jpg

Let's not let this minor incident diminish the fact that our combined forces kicked some Tiger butt! Hell, we got the damn thing on video cassette! Those Tigers are lucky I had an army, 'cause if I didn't, I would have been forced to go over there myself and personally beat the livin' tar out of each and every individual who came within my parameter! [ stands ] And I'll tell you one more thing: I want USC! I want USC! I showed you what these guns can do in the Columbia, now I'm gonna show what they can do on the West Coast! This December, San Diego, Qualcomm Stadium: USC/OU!! It's the War on the Shore! I'm the Whale That Prevails! Petey-boy, you're going DOWN, Sir! In four! You will take your punishment! [ rips open shirt to reveal "Stormin' Norman" t-shirt ]

We owe their asses, big time, and how great would it be to vindicate ourselves?

:D :D :D :D

All_Day_28
10/28/2006, 06:34 PM
That's who I really want to play.. Fucc that Oregon rematch crap.. why do we want to rematch a team that has never beat us in history?? I would much rather get some revenge on SuC.. we really owe them... could be a major momentum shift for our program to get back to greatness.. SuC beat us and we kind of lost our swagger... We need to kick the sh!t out of them and get our swagger back.. and what a great way for AD to be able to go out, if he can get healthy and come back and go out with a big win over the condoms..

tbl
10/28/2006, 06:42 PM
That would be some greatness... However I wonder if I'd rather saxeT lose to Tech and aTm, us win out and go to a BCS bowl. I like the idea of getting the opportunity to play USC, but I would eat a lead salad if we flopped again.

arcman46
10/28/2006, 06:47 PM
I'd like to see us get another chance to kick the **** out of SUC!:D

soonersweetie
10/28/2006, 06:55 PM
I already have tickets to the Holiday Bowl since I live out here, so a rematch with sc would be greatness!!

NormanPride
10/28/2006, 07:07 PM
revenge bowl :D

birddog
10/28/2006, 07:13 PM
IT'S GONNA BE A WAR ON THE SHORE!!

umberto
10/28/2006, 08:57 PM
Is the Holiday slotted under the Cotton Bowl (3rd place big 12 team)? Wouldn't we be the 2nd place team if we win out, or would the North Champion be 2nd place?

mdklatt
10/28/2006, 09:06 PM
Wouldn't we be the 2nd place team if we win out, or would the North Champion be 2nd place?

It depends on how ****ty the B12N winner ends up being. My guess is pretty ****ty.

tbl
10/28/2006, 10:00 PM
If we win out, I think we'll probably be #2 considering some of the losses the North has taken so far.

tbl
10/28/2006, 10:05 PM
Looks like we'll be Cotton Bowl... Maybe opportunity for a rematch with LSU and another shot to kick Lester in the teeth?

Cotton January 1
Big 12 #1 after BCS vs. SEC #1 after BCS & Capital One Bowl

RacerX
10/28/2006, 10:17 PM
It's Leslie, not Lester.

MiccoMacey
10/29/2006, 12:04 AM
Real good possibility since USC will lose to Cal as well.

They'll be 10-2 at best, just like us.

tbl
10/29/2006, 01:48 PM
According to the bowl schedule, we should be playing the Cotton Bowl (if we win out), unless the North winner gets the number 2 spot (which they definitely should not).

recemp
10/29/2006, 07:25 PM
Only one thing could get me to the Holiday Bowl - USC.
Nothing against San Diego, but it is a big expense to fly out on Christmas to go and watch a two-three loss team play in a baseball stadium. I think that it is the same place those Padres in those ridiculous fast food uniforms whipped my Cubs in the playoffs. (They can change the name, but not the memory)
I could exorcise two demons with an OU win. I don't need to add another low to my fan experience.