WHAT: Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Oklahoma Sooners®
WHEN: Saturday, October 28, 2006, 8:30 P.M. CDT
WHERE: Blazers Ice Centre, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
BROADCAST: Via www.ouhockey.com or www.icehockey.ou.edu

2006-07 RECORDS:
Arizona State: 2-3-0 ACHA Division I
Oklahoma: 10-0-0 ACHA Division I

COACHES: Oklahoma – Larry Donovan; Arizona State – Mike De Angelis

SETTING THE STAGE: The Sooners and Sun Devils meet for the second time this season in tonight’s game…This will be the second of three regular season games between OU and ASU…Oklahoma is ranked 7th in the most recent ACHA D1 coaches poll…Arizona State is currently ranked 9th in the same poll…Last night, Oklahoma beat ASU 4-1.

OKLAHOMA NOTES: Sooners forward Adrian Borchgrevink added to his team-leading goals total last night, adding one to bring his season total to 13 …Borchgrevink also added two points to bring his team-leading total to 21…OU’s power play was 2 for 13 last night…The empty net goal scored by OU defenseman Mark Tylka in yesterday’s contest was the first empty net goal of the year for the Sooners…The win last night was OU’s first over ASU in five tries…Goaltender Ryan Anderson is expected to get the start in goal today for OU…Oklahoma is 35-12-1 all-time in games played on Saturday night and a 23-7-0 record in Saturday games at home.

ARIZONA STATE NOTES: ASU was 1 for 7 on the power play last night…ASU was whistled for 15 penalties last night while OU was whistled for only eight infractions…Forward Richard Ferroni scored for the Sun Devils yesterday…Ray Corey and Tony Biffignani added assists for ASU…Goaltender Kyle Bronsteen stopped 26 of the 29 OU shots he faced last night…Assistant coach Adam Blossey played at ASU for Coach De Angelis a few years ago and returns this season to assist De Angelis with the Sun Devils.

NEXT UP FOR THE SOONERS: The Sooners host Minnesota next Friday night at 7:30 P.M. at the Blazers Ice Centre in Oklahoma City…For more information, please call the OU Hockey Office at (405) 631-2709.

### BOOMER SOONER! ###

MEDIA CONTACT:
Chris Perry, General Manager
University of Oklahoma® Hockey
Phone: (405) 631-2709 / Cell: (405) 488-4048
Email: [email protected] / Fax: (405) 631-3303
www.icehockey.ou.edu / www.ouhockey.com

Cam
10/28/2006, 12:45 PM
So what's the difference in the conference we were in last year and the one we're in this year?

Duke o Brewery
10/28/2006, 03:57 PM
We've never been in a conference. As far as I know we're an Independant.

Cam
10/28/2006, 05:25 PM
We've never been in a conference. As far as I know we're an Independant.
Association then.

Frozen Sooner
10/28/2006, 05:35 PM
I think last year we were D2 club, this year we're D1 club?

Mixer!
10/28/2006, 08:33 PM
This is the Sooners' fourth year as an ACHA D1 competitor. The only leagues higher are the NCAA's D1 & D3 (which are non-club level).

Duke o Brewery
10/28/2006, 11:36 PM
http://www.ouhockey.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=47

Chris Perry
10/29/2006, 01:49 AM
So what's the difference in the conference we were in last year and the one we're in this year?
No difference at all. This is our fourth year in the ACHA (Duke was kind enough to provide a link to the ACHA site) and third year at the D1 level, which is essentially the top tier of college hockey for those colleges that are Title IX'd out of having a varsity (read: athletic scholarship) hockey club.

Duke also correctly points out that in the ACHA, we are an Independant and not affiliated with any conference within the ACHA. We like the Independant status as it allows us some flexibility in terms of who and when we schedule.

11-0-0 after tonight. Ranked 7th in the Nation and likely moving up in next week's ranking. Not too shabby for a bunch of student-athletes (in the truest sense of the word) and volunteers. Come out next week and watch us take on Minnesota's club (not to be confused with their NCAA counterpart). I guarantee you'll enjoy yourself.

Chris Perry
[email protected]

Cam
10/29/2006, 09:22 AM
I'm well aware that it's not a conference and are an independent club team. I forgot that things tend to get taken quite literally around here.

I was mistaken in that I thought I saw something that stated we played in the CCHA, or something similar last year. I was wrong, my apologies.

No difference at all. This is our fourth year in the ACHA (Duke was kind enough to provide a link to the ACHA site) and third year at the D1 level, which is essentially the top tier of college hockey for those colleges that are Title IX'd out of having a varsity (read: athletic scholarship) hockey club.

Duke also correctly points out that in the ACHA, we are an Independant and not affiliated with any conference within the ACHA. We like the Independant status as it allows us some flexibility in terms of who and when we schedule.

11-0-0 after tonight. Ranked 7th in the Nation and likely moving up in next week's ranking. Not too shabby for a bunch of student-athletes (in the truest sense of the word) and volunteers. Come out next week and watch us take on Minnesota's club (not to be confused with their NCAA counterpart). I guarantee you'll enjoy yourself.

Chris Perry
[email protected]