PDA

View Full Version : David Horowitz EXPOSES ANTI-AMERICAN FILMS!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/28/2006, 10:03 AM
HOROWITZ DISCUSSES PROPAGANDA FILMS:

George Soros and the Sundance Film Festival are currently giving away millions of dollars to fund over a hundred anti-American, anti-Israeli films like "My Terrorist" and "The Women of Hezbollah." Meanwhile Robert Redford’s Sundance Channel airs such fare as "Torture: The Guantanamo Guidebook," a 'reality TV' show in which American soldiers are depicted torturing 'innocent' Guantanamo detainees.
On October 27th, just one week before the election, a movie will be released in U.S. theatres titled "Death of a President" that depicts the assassination of George W. Bush in graphic detail.
Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11" and George Clooney's "Syriana" (which sympathetically depicts a suicide bomber who blows up an American oil facility) are currently being used as recruiting tools by terrorists. Hezbollah helps to distribute Moore’s film in the Middle East.

Other recently released or forthcoming films from the left include:

"The Road to Guantanamo" - a 'docudrama' about three Muslim men captured on an Al Qaeda battlefield in Afghanistan who say they were innocent and were tortured by U.S. soldiers at Guantanamo; the film recreates alleged scenes of torture by U.S. troops.
"The Situation" in which American soldiers murder an Iraqi boy and trigger a cycle of violence.
"Stop Loss" starring Ryan Philippe - about a soldier who refuses to serve in Iraq.
"Charlie Wilson's War," starring Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts, written by the "The West Wing's" Aaron Sorkin, which alleges that the CIA helped ‘create’ the Taliban and Al Qaeda by funding the Afghan mujahedeen in the 1980s - an allegation that has been repeatedly proven false.

If you're as disturbed by this as we are, you have a chance to make a difference. For the first time since Ronald Reagan left Hollywood for Washington there is a voice in Hollywood to counter the political left. The Liberty Film Festival is Hollywood's first pro-American, pro-Israel, film festival and cultural organization. Its purpose is to create the kind of film product of which Americans who love freedom and love their country can be proud. In June 2006, the Liberty Film Festival joined the David Horowitz Freedom Center to create a force in the entertainment industry which will stand up for the values that prevailed when Hollywood was Ronald Reagan’s town.

The Liberty Film Festival has featured prominent Hollywood filmmakers like Joel Surnow (creator of Fox's top of the line series about the war on terror "24"), Cyrus Nowrasteh (writer/producer, ABC's "The Path to 9/11"), Steve McEveety (producer "Braveheart," "When We Were Soldiers," "The Passion of the Christ"), Frank Price (former President of Columbia Pictures & Chairman of Universal), director/producer David Zucker ("Airplane" "Naked Gun," "Scary Movie 4"), talk show host Michael Medved, talk show host Larry Elder, and many others.

The 2006 Liberty Film Festival, is scheduled for November 10-12, 2006 in Hollywood, will be screening 28 outstanding new conservative films. These include

"A Journey to Iraq" -- which shows the gratitude Iraqi civilians feel towards President Bush and the American people for their help.
"Suicide Killers" -- how Islamic societies - not George Bush - create terrorists.
"Border War" -- about the threat of illegal immigration
"ACLU: At War With America" -- how the ACLU undermines religious freedom- plus dozens of other terrific new films by up-and-coming conservative filmmakers.

It is critical that Americans like you support the Liberty Film Festival and the brave conservative filmmakers countering the anti-American propaganda of the Hollywood Left! We can't afford to let Hollywood undermine the War on Terror and turn it into another Vietnam.

The left understands the stakes. On opening night of the 2005 Liberty Film Festival, left-wing protestors rushed the stage of the Pacific Design Center and tried to attack me as I introduced the film "Brainwashing 101" which is about the left's efforts to indoctrinate students on American college campuses. The protestors screamed "Fascists have no right to free speech!" "You have no right to free speech!" They had to be tackled by members of the audience to prevent them from doing me bodily harm. Their message couldn't have been clearer: in Hollywood, conservatives have no right to free speech.

While the Hollywood Left attacks the cause of freedom, undermines the security of our country, and places our troops in danger, filmmakers who support America and the War on Terror are under siege. Just look at the Left's shameful attempt to censor the outstanding ABC miniseries "The Path to 9/11." Democrat Senators and Congressmen wrote to ABC and demanded the miniseries be pulled, simply because it depicted Bill Clinton's failure to capture Bin Laden! And in an unprecedented move, the entire Democrat leadership of the Senate, led by Harry Reid, threatened to pull ABC's broadcast license if the network didn't cancel the miniseries.

The Liberty Film Festival led the way in promoting "The Path to 9/11" and rallying conservative support for this outstanding miniseries. Liberty Film Festival Co-Founder Govindini Murty wrote the first review of "The Path to 9/11," and helped initiate a nation-wide conservative media effort to defend the miniseries and prevent it from being pulled off the air. For her efforts she was attacked in the pages of The Nation and the Huffington Post by Max Blumenthal (son of Clinton lawyer Sidney Blumenthal) who labelled her, Liberty Film Festival Co-Founder Jason Apuzzo, and everyone who supported "The Path to 9/11" as "political terrorists." This is just one example of how the Liberty Film Festival defends the free speech rights of conservative filmmakers and helps ensure that their work is seen by the public - despite the attempted censorship of the Left.

The Liberty Film Festival was founded in 2004 in Los Angeles by filmmakers Jason Apuzzo and Govindini Murty to foster a new film movement in Hollywood, drawing on conservative talents in the entertainment industry. The first two Liberty Film Festivals, held in 2004 and 2005, attracted a combined total of over 6,500 attendees.

The Liberty Film Festival has screened 41 films, of which 26 have been premieres and 14 films have achieved theatrical or DVD distribution. Outstanding films premiered at the Liberty Film Festival include "Obsession: Radical Islam’s War Against the West," "Broken Promises: The UN at 60," "Cochise County, USA," and "In the Face of Evil: Reagan’s War in Word & Deed." The Liberty Film Festival has been covered in The New York Times, LA Times, Wall Street Journal, Variety, Hollywood Reporter, Washington Post, National Review, Human Events, Newsmax, as well as on Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, AMC, BBC, and numerous radio shows.

The festival has achieved a tremendous success so far, but it needs your help to expand its efforts and make its impact greater still. The Hollywood Left has taken a side in the fight - and so can you, by supporting the 2006 Liberty Film Festival. The festival depends on individual donations. Support our filmmakers by giving as generously as possible. You can make your tax deductible charitable gift by following the highlighted links right now!

My Sincere Thanks,

David Horowitz
President & Founder
Horowitz Freedom Center The Liberty Film Festival
P.O. Box 4522, Palos Verdes, CA 90274.
The Liberty Film Festival is a program of The David Horowitz Freedom Center,
a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.

Widescreen
10/28/2006, 10:20 AM
Horowitz is an interesting guy. There aren't too many people that have reversed course in their thinking as much as he has.

SoonerProphet
10/28/2006, 10:53 AM
bull****, once a trotskyist, always a trotskyist.

10/28/2006, 04:36 PM
Oh yeah, one can for sure tell he's still a full-blown commie!

King Crimson
10/28/2006, 04:46 PM
art should always support the state.

John Kochtoston
10/28/2006, 04:56 PM
Glad he "exposed" "Farienheit 9/11" and "Syriana." Those films had received no attention until this groundbreaking report.

Jeopardude
10/28/2006, 05:26 PM
I love stories with excessive quotes around words-- "innocent", "docudrama" -- the true benchmark of hysterical writing.

Okla-homey
10/28/2006, 06:44 PM
art should always support the state.

thank-you Miss Riefenstahl.;)

Jerk
10/28/2006, 08:36 PM
I'm too drunk to read this. Any mention of the new Dixie Chicks docu-drama coming out soon?

I don't care what they do. I just don't watch their dam*ed propaganda. I don't support liberal actors in any way. I don't watch their crap, I don't go to their movies, I don't rent their DVD's.

George Clooney is the biggest stinky fart of them all. When he made fun of Heston's altiemerz disease, no one said sh**. Now these same people go after Rush Limbaugh for telling the truth about the MJ Fox ads. They are hypocrites, elitist, snobs, spoiled, righteous asses, who think they are so smart that they should dictate our day to day lives. F888 them. I'll die on my feet with my hands full of cold blue steel before I live on my knees and take orders from those self righteous communists pricks.

Jerk
10/28/2006, 08:36 PM
oops

10/28/2006, 09:06 PM
Glad he "exposed" "Farienheit 9/11" and "Syriana." Those films had received no attention until this groundbreaking report.Does that mean you wasted your money on them?

sanantoniosooner
10/28/2006, 09:09 PM
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

sanantoniosooner
10/28/2006, 09:10 PM
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
:texan:

10/29/2006, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I don't know about the ratings XXXetc. or otherwise, but maybe all or most should only be given one star.

SicEmBaylor
10/29/2006, 12:19 AM
David Horowitz is an absolute jack *** of the highest order.
I had lunch with him when we brought him to campus to speak a few years ago.

He was an ******* in every way possibe. Before giving his talk he wanted a bottle of water, so I had to run across campus to the SUB and buy him a water while everyone was waiting. I get back to Hankamer and he looks at the bottle and says, "What is this? A squirt bottle? What am I suppose to do wth this squirt it into my mouth like I'm some marathon runner?"

So I said, "uh the top unscrews." He also didn't pay me back for the water.

10/29/2006, 12:25 AM
David Horowitz is an absolute jack *** of the highest order.
I had lunch with him when we brought him to campus to speak a few years ago.

He was an ******* in every way possibe. Before giving his talk he wanted a bottle of water, so I had to run across campus to the SUB and buy him a water while everyone was waiting. I get back to Hankamer and he looks at the bottle and says, "What is this? A squirt bottle? What am I suppose to do wth this squirt it into my mouth like I'm some marathon runner?"

So I said, "uh the top unscrews." He also didn't pay me back for the water.You've told that story several times. Sorry he treated you badly. And your impression of his discussion of anti-American movies?
Condolences if Baylor lost today.

BeetDigger
10/29/2006, 11:13 AM
I've never understood why Micheal Moore charges money for his documentaries. I guess I should rephrase that to ask why does he charge so that he makes a profit. Isn't expressing your opinion on something more of a non-profit sort of thing? Maybe he gave a bunch of the profits for Roger and Me to the displaced workers. I wonder how he feels about Detriot and the situation at Ford and GM now? If GM and Ford were issuing new securities, I wonder if MM would invest?

1stTimeCaller
10/29/2006, 11:30 AM
I'm glad that I went to see F911. I went to see it with this uber-hippy I worked with. Afterwards when he was going on and on about how right the film was and how the Admin. was just doing it for the Carlisle Group to fatten wallets I asked him about the Crusader that United Defense was slated to build but got axed. That really threw a kink in the $ conspiracy but that didn't slow him down. He was the equivalent of a democratic Tuba.

SicEmBaylor
10/29/2006, 12:31 PM
You've told that story several times. Sorry he treated you badly. And your impression of his discussion of anti-American movies?
Condolences if Baylor lost today.

It wasn't just me it was our entire group.
As for the rest of it, I've known a couple of the organizers of the Liberty Film Festival from the very beginning long before Horowitz jumped on the band wagon.

Scott D
10/29/2006, 12:38 PM
I've never understood why Micheal Moore charges money for his documentaries. I guess I should rephrase that to ask why does he charge so that he makes a profit. Isn't expressing your opinion on something more of a non-profit sort of thing? Maybe he gave a bunch of the profits for Roger and Me to the displaced workers. I wonder how he feels about Detriot and the situation at Ford and GM now? If GM and Ford were issuing new securities, I wonder if MM would invest?

why should he care..he's from Flint.

BeetDigger
10/29/2006, 03:14 PM
I'm glad that I went to see F911. I went to see it with this uber-hippy I worked with. Afterwards when he was going on and on about how right the film was and how the Admin. was just doing it for the Carlisle Group to fatten wallets I asked him about the Crusader that United Defense was slated to build but got axed. That really threw a kink in the $ conspiracy but that didn't slow him down. He was the equivalent of a democratic Tuba.

One of the largest democratic contributors, besides Soros, is Ron Burkle who is a private equity buyer. I have no doubt that many of the other large firms make contributions to both parties. Do you think that influences decisions? MM picked on Carlisle due to their military investments as well as their oil investments and the fact that many former political members are affiliated. No doubt that reeks of conflict of interest. However, they are hardly the ONLY investment firm to benefit. MM didn't portray that angle. That goes to my point, why enrich the wallet of MM who is giving only one side of the story. I'd be happy to watch his film if I can see if for free. I would pay to see his film if they were unbiased and showed the facts and presented both sides.

BeetDigger
10/29/2006, 03:15 PM
why should he care..he's from Flint.

Living in a mutli-million dollar appartment in Manhattan.

1stTimeCaller
10/29/2006, 04:14 PM
One of the largest democratic contributors, besides Soros, is Ron Burkle who is a private equity buyer. I have no doubt that many of the other large firms make contributions to both parties. Do you think that influences decisions? MM picked on Carlisle due to their military investments as well as their oil investments and the fact that many former political members are affiliated. No doubt that reeks of conflict of interest. However, they are hardly the ONLY investment firm to benefit. MM didn't portray that angle. That goes to my point, why enrich the wallet of MM who is giving only one side of the story. I'd be happy to watch his film if I can see if for free. I would pay to see his film if they were unbiased and showed the facts and presented both sides.

I agree with you. I also made the hippy pay for my ticket. He wanted me to go see it because it would 'enlighten me'. ;)

John Kochtoston
10/29/2006, 04:20 PM
Does that mean you wasted your money on them?

I don't know if I "wasted" money on them, but I did see them. I found them interesting, even if didn't agree with everything MM said or suggested (I viewed Syriana as a popcorn movie, as in, didn't require much deep thought to enjoy or watch.)

My point, which you seem to have missed, is that Horowitz did not "expose" either of these films. They both were in wide release and got plenty of media attention (I believe both even received Oscar nominations, but I don't care enough to go check on that). Anyone who cared a whit about either of these films, either pro or anti, had plenty of opportunity to express their views on them long before Horowitz' little film festival.

10/29/2006, 04:22 PM
I don't know if I "wasted" money on them, but I did see them. I found them interesting, even if didn't agree with everything MM said or suggested (I viewed Syriana as a popcorn movie, as in, didn't require much deep thought to enjoy or watch.)

My point, which you seem to have missed, is that Horowitz did not "expose" either of these films. They both were in wide release and got plenty of media attention (I believe both even received Oscar nominations, but I don't care enough to go check on that). Anyone who cared a whit about either of these films, either pro or anti, had plenty of opportunity to express their views on them long before Horowitz' little film festival. I got that point.

SicEmBaylor
10/29/2006, 04:22 PM
In the Face of Evil was a great film.

Scott D
10/29/2006, 05:17 PM
Living in a mutli-million dollar appartment in Manhattan.

aren't pocketbook liberals fun :D

insert comment by cloneboy about how it still makes me a dim

SicEmBaylor
10/29/2006, 06:49 PM
This board has one of the most eclectic group of political opinions I've ever seen.

Ash
10/29/2006, 09:13 PM
I vote for a mass movie burning followed by some good ol' goose steppin' fun. Nothing is more dangerous than alternate opinions, opinionated fiction, or *gasp* films or books that question our supreme leaders. How dare Americans think they can present alternate viewpoints without being labeled traitors or anti-american, what do they think this is....America?

BeetDigger
10/29/2006, 10:45 PM
I vote for a mass movie burning followed by some good ol' goose steppin' fun. Nothing is more dangerous than alternate opinions, opinionated fiction, or *gasp* films or books that question our supreme leaders. How dare Americans think they can present alternate viewpoints without being labeled traitors or anti-american, what do they think this is....America?

That's not what Horowitz, nor anyone else on this board, is advising. It is someone proclaiming that a media source, and a powerful one at that, has provided one sided information and that same media source is now providing a different view, thanks to folks who have different political leanings. It appears to be causing much debate, just as media that is swayed as such to attack the right is debated. Isn't that what we are supposed to do?

Ash
10/29/2006, 11:29 PM
That's not what Horowitz, nor anyone else on this board, is advising. It is someone proclaiming that a media source, and a powerful one at that, has provided one sided information and that same media source is now providing a different view, thanks to folks who have different political leanings. It appears to be causing much debate, just as media that is swayed as such to attack the right is debated. Isn't that what we are supposed to do?

Hmmm, that's kinda sugarcoating Horowitz's message IMO.

Maybe I flew off the handle a bit, but my patience for inflammatory neo-McCarthyist BS has reached the zero point. We, as Americans (ALL Americans) face some serious issues right now. And I think that as long as the debate is being pushed along by reactionaries, we don't stand a chance of resolving those issues.

10/30/2006, 01:10 AM

Maybe I flew off the handle a bit, but my patience for inflammatory neo-McCarthyist BS has reached the zero point. We, as Americans (ALL Americans) face some serious issues right now. And I think that as long as the debate is being pushed along by reactionaries, we don't stand a chance of resolving those issues.

.Horowitz was identifying some of the many anti-Bush and anti-republican media productions out there. Is his pointing out these films what you are calling inflammatory neo-McCarthyist? And that he shouldn't be taking a stand? IMO he IS moving toward resolving those issues, or at least engaging in the debate. Do you expect conservatives to just sit there and be lambasted without defending themselves?

SicEmBaylor
10/30/2006, 01:59 AM
Ash,
Please tell me exactly what you think it is that McCarthy did that is worth using him as an adjective.

TYIA.

Jerk
10/30/2006, 06:32 AM
Do you expect conservatives to just sit there and be lambasted without defending themselves?

Yes, they do. Anything other than the liberal neo-commie agenda is "reactionary," "extreme," and "McCarthyism."

BeetDigger
10/30/2006, 08:57 AM

I see. We need to all the reactionaries to the sideline. You guys don't get a say in the debate. Now quick, everybody line up and we will label you. Some of you will get a say, and some of you won't. :cool:

Desert Sapper
10/30/2006, 09:41 AM
I see any media source that specifically undermines our country's war effort and is being used as a recruiting tool by our enemy to be 'providing aid and comfort to our nation's enemies'. By definition, this is treason. We aren't talking about movies or art that provide a different opinion or even movies or art that should be protected under the first Amendment to the US Constitution. We are talking about specific acts that support our Nation's enemy. Article Three of the US Constitution defines treason as levying war against the United States or "in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort," and requires the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act or a confession in open court for conviction. Whether we like it or not, we are AT WAR. If we should lose such war, our country would not only lose a key political and military foothold in possibly the most important and volatile region of the world, we would also lose ties to major oil reserves. Regardless of how you feel about oil, our country needs it to survive economically, militarily, and politically. What other sphere of influence is there?

I'm not a fan of either political party. In fact, I feel that their differences are destroying our country and undermining our war effort. It's time for both sides of the aisle to abandon partison politics and unite to defeat our common enemy. After that, they can have at it.

Of course, the problem is that too many politicians are only concerned about maintaining their current standard of living rather than fairly and equally representing their constituents or managing our country effectively. None of them are really concerned about our war effort. That is a problem.

If you think that our enemy is no real threat to us in the states, keep in mind that the ultimate goal of Al Q and their contemporaries is to create a worldwide Caliphate. Wiki it if you need a definition. The problem is that the majority of Muslims do not have a problem with this becoming a reality (probably because they won't be the ones made to suffer). If we allow even one victory of the so-called 'extremists', it could create a ripple effect. If you think a few thousand terrorists and insurgents are painful, think about a significant percentage of the world's over a billion Islamic population.

We need to win the current fight. To do so, we need to unite. Time to stop the BS and commit to victory. That includes the Hollywood left and the extreme right. Until we do so, we'll continue to lose troops in vain.

Scott D
10/30/2006, 10:30 AM
see the grunt gets it...maybe one day rushclone will get it too.

10/30/2006, 10:43 AM
see the grunt gets it...maybe one day rushclone will get it too.The grunt almost gets it, except for putting the left and right equally to blame for not backing our war effort.

Scott D
10/30/2006, 11:36 AM
The grunt almost gets it, except for putting the left and right equally to blame for not backing our war effort.

perhaps if the right and the left weren't so busy preening their feathers getting ready for the next soundbyte and actually did something that showed they gave a ****, you wouldn't have so many people feeling ambivalent about the entire process.

Personally I could care less what movies Horowitz speaks out against. My first thought is 'What is his hidden agenda?', because like anyone else who uses a national platform for anything in this country he has one.

There is no logical reason to trust the right or the left, or the dems or reps in regards to the welfare of the nation and especially it's people. They're both all about consolidating power, they just use different lies to achieve their goals.

Desert Sapper
10/30/2006, 01:02 PM
perhaps if the right and the left weren't so busy preening their feathers getting ready for the next soundbyte and actually did something that showed they gave a ****, you wouldn't have so many people feeling ambivalent about the entire process.

Bingo. My problem is neither with right or left specifically (althought the left seems much more inclined to treasonous activity with regard to the war effort). I feel that 'winning' the election is far, far more important to our elected officials than winning the war against our common enemy. That is a huge problem. If we don't recognize it and fix it soon, we will be defeated by our enemy on more than one front. Osama bin Laden predicted (based, presumably, upon our Strategic failure in Somalia) that we lacked the national willpower for an extended fight abroad. Weak stomach, I believe, was his term for it. We are in grave danger of proving him correct in the next 2 or three years and ceding a major victory to Al Q and terrorist networks around the world. Remember that Osama and crew have been fighting a war against us for the past 30+ years. We have only now acknowledged it...and our lawmakers continue to try and deny it ('illegal war', 'wrong reasons', 'faulty administration', 'lies' -- all BS). We are at war, we need to recognize and act IMMEDIATELY.

Forgive me, but I'm going to lighten this up with a comparison. For us Sooner fans, this is the equivalent of Aggie waiting in the wings for us to slip up and not be ready. When we do fail, we'll hear about it. Probably forever. You better believe that it would be 1000X worse if the bad guys finally 'won' against us. You can already see the 'moral victories' of our enemy. CNN helps them broadcast it to the world every day.

The more public opinon wanes, the weaker we are in the eyes of our enemy. This is not about Saddam or WMD or even 9-11 anymore. This is about the future of our Nation. The sooner we recognize it, the better for all of us. If we don't recognize it soon, we may not be able to recover.

Remember that the fall of Rome was not due strictly to the strength of the barbarian hordes.