PDA

View Full Version : Day time TV sucks

Cam
10/27/2006, 12:24 PM
So here I am recovering from my leg surgery and there's not a damn thing on TV during the day. Not only that, the drugs they gave me don't put me to sleep. I've gotta find out what they gave me for the surgery cause I was out like a light in 10 seconds.

Time to get caught up on the DVD's.

Boomer.....
10/27/2006, 01:12 PM
That is what a DVR is for.

LilSooner
10/27/2006, 02:11 PM
Hope your feeling better Cam. Knee surgery is the suck. Make sure that you eat really well. Lots of vegetable and healthy crap. If not you will get sick as a dog when all that pain medicine builds up in your system. For like 2 day I couldn't keep anything down and thought I was going to die.

Cam
10/27/2006, 09:18 PM
Doing pretty good so far. Not a lot of pain yet.

I'm still trying to figure out why they had to shave me from hip to below the knee for a 6 inch incision down the middle of my thigh. :mad:

Newbomb Turk
10/27/2006, 09:23 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why they had to shave me from hip to below the knee for a 6 inch incision down the middle of my thigh. :mad:

That's going to itch like a sombitch.

King Crimson
10/27/2006, 09:30 PM
c'mon? in Denver we have Tyra Banks Show and Tony Danza going head to head.

Clever Trevor
10/27/2006, 09:37 PM
Where's Megan M.?

BeetDigger
10/27/2006, 10:07 PM
c'mon? in Denver we have Tyra Banks Show and Tony Danza going head to head.

In Tony's dreams. :texan:

proud gonzo
10/28/2006, 01:05 AM
Food Network
Discovery Channel

YWIA ;)

AllAboutThe'O'
10/28/2006, 03:09 AM
This was a typical daytime TV schedule for young "AllAboutThe'O'" back in the day:

9 a.m. - Diff'rent Strokes rerun on the local NBC affiliate
9:30 a.m. - Hollywood Squares, also on the NBC station
10 a.m. - Price is Right (sometimes I would watch Wheel of Fortune, the Chuck Woolery version, at 10:30)
11 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Really nothing but news and soaps. Didn't like soaps, so I caught the news.
1 p.m. - Dick Van Dyke show reruns on WGN.
1:30 p.m. - Andy Griffith show rerun on WGN (and I wasn't really a big Andy Griffith fan)
2 p.m. - $20,000 Pyramid, or $25,000 Pyramid, or $100,000 Pyramid or whatever monetary amount they used, on ABC.
2:30 p.m. - Match Game on CBS (in the early '80s, NBC ran the much-maligned Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour, also at the same time)
3 p.m. - Body Language on CBS (c'mon you remember that show)
3:30 p.m. - Leave it to Beaver reruns on WTBS.
4 p.m. - The Incredible Hulk reruns on WGN.
5 p.m. - The Muppet Show reruns on WGN. (back in the day, WGN was the best kick-butt cable channel out there)
5:30 p.m. - Tic Tac Dough on CBN (now ABC Family).
6 p.m. - Bullseye (game show) on CBN.
6:30 p.m. - Syndicated version of Family Feud (Richard Dawson hosted version), generally on our local NBC station.
Our young' uns of today have no idea how good we had it back then. No Oprah, no flavor of the month talk show of the year; in fact, the only talk show in the daytime was Phil Donahue. Wish I could've been there to watch Mike Douglas and Dinah Shore, though. No, nothing but game shows, sitcoms and adventure show reruns, shaping tremendous pop culture in the life of a young man like yours truly. Good times, good times.