PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding OU vs OSU. Would you go?

Jason White's Third Knee
10/27/2006, 08:37 AM
I have the opportunity to go, but last time I went to stillwater we lost and they were so obnoxious that I felt like punching my way out.

So, do I go see my team play or do I enjoy the telecast? Right now, I am saying I'll take my chances with Musberger (yeah, like he'll be doing a poke game).

IronSooner
10/27/2006, 08:49 AM
I'd watch it on TV. I had about the same experience as you, and just don't feel the need to go back.

OUMallen
10/27/2006, 08:53 AM
I'll never let an opposing team's fanbase dictate my future decisions to watch OU play when I have the chance. Not even LSU.

GottaHavePride
10/27/2006, 08:57 AM
It's not their fanbase. I just freakin' hate Stillwater.

Norman Sooner
10/27/2006, 09:00 AM
The last time i went, i left the game to return to my car and see that i had 2 flat tires and key marks down the side of it...I refuse to ever go back into that town..

BermudaSooner
10/27/2006, 10:00 AM
It will be great to see AD's triumphant return. You should go.

NormanPride
10/27/2006, 10:04 AM
I want to support my team, but I was in the Pride and went there three times. 2-1. I never want to go there again.

Mac94
10/27/2006, 10:05 AM
Brent's on ABC ... OU @ oSu is on FoxSW ... so you're safe there.

yermom
10/27/2006, 10:27 AM
i parked at a church in 2004 and had no problems :D

i'm going, i'm just going to be ****ed if i have to pay that recockulous face value for tickets

OUDoc
10/27/2006, 10:47 AM
I went every year while I was at OU. Never set foot in the stadium though. I was there when Brent Parker made his mark in history, probably should have had my *** kicked that day. So, no, don't ever go to Stoolwater. ;)

Boomer.....
10/27/2006, 10:56 AM
I have also had bad experiences in Stoolwater. In 2000, we almost got into fights with 40-50 year old men after the game because they were sure that we would get beat by K-State. It's a horrible, horrible town.

BTW, I would never pay $100+ to see a game at Boone Pickens U.

umberto
10/27/2006, 12:49 PM
The last time i went, i left the game to return to my car and see that i had 2 flat tires and key marks down the side of it...I refuse to ever go back into that town..

They probably thought you were checking out their sister/girlfriend... :D

soonerinabilene
10/27/2006, 12:57 PM
why would you pass on the chance to see the great Adarius Bowman in person?;)

Boomer.....
10/27/2006, 01:06 PM
why would you pass on the chance to see the great Adarius Bowman in person?;)
Who? :D

BoonesFarmSooner
10/27/2006, 01:16 PM
Last time Boones was there (2004), The Maestro and I sat up in the suites with Barry Sanders, Hart Lee Dykes and a few others. Drank all their whiskey and finally got booted out of there about an hour and half after the game.

Stood next to Blevins at the ****er and in my best Gary Gibbs voice, told him "Helluva Buzz, Dean"

I don't let them get to me, I just walk around laughing at all the bucktooth inbreds in their halloween costumes. That's priceless entertainment!

badger
10/27/2006, 01:40 PM
Who else doesn't want to get stuck on I-35 southbound for five hours, like rats escaping a sinking ship?
http://www.siste.no/multimedia/archive/00042/Osama_bin_Laden_42364d.jpg

OUstud
10/27/2006, 03:03 PM
Who else doesn't want to get stuck on I-35 southbound for five hours, like rats escaping a sinking ship?
http://www.siste.no/multimedia/archive/00042/Osama_bin_Laden_42364d.jpg

According to Bedford, it's roaches, not rats. :D :rolleyes:

Mixer!
10/27/2006, 03:30 PM
I'm sorry to hear about all these bad experiences. Hard as it is to believe, there are many people around here who drive vehicles/wear clothing with OU displayed on them daily that don't get vandalized/threatened with violence. I'm not going to categorically deny that locals with an aggot hard-on would do that, but I'd be surprised. Most of the people up here I deal with don't give a damn about who you root for.

Tailgate or not, I won't give them any of my money. The orange land thieves can go to hell.

Flagstaffsooner
10/27/2006, 03:34 PM
I wouldn't put a penny into their inbred Goober Pyle economy to save my soul much less buy a $100 ticket from T Booger Pickens. That dirty town smells like a livestock show. The people (and I use that term loosely) are ingnorant, unclean and a disgrace to the State of Oklahoma.

Rhino
10/27/2006, 03:37 PM
I vowed to never return in 2002.

OSUAggie
10/27/2006, 03:51 PM
I wouldn't put a penny into their inbred Goober Pyle economy to save my soul much less buy a $100 ticket from T Booger Pickens. That dirty town smells like a livestock show. The people (and I use that term loosely) are ingnorant, unclean and a disgrace to the State of Oklahoma.

wow..... such harsh words and somewhat contradictory to the State of Oklahoma, as many towns, some of which even have an abundance of Sooner fans, smell like a livestock show. The fact is, Oklahoma has its healthy share of "ignorant, unclean people," of which most of them have perhaps a high school education. If these people choose to cheer for one of the state schools' athletics, they generally choose to cheer for the frontrunner, which has been Oklahoma football for somewhere near 100 years, save for maybe 1997. Most Oklahoma State fans (not all, but most), are Oklahoma State fans because that is where they went to school and/or obtained a degree. OU is the school with the majority of "bad" fans in this state because they are the most popular team in this state and perhaps this region (t-shirt Texas fans are somewhat prevelant from what I hear). There are plenty of OSU fans that have been to an OSU-OU game in Norman and had their tires slashed (including me) or windows broken out of their car or whatever. It happens. But to infer that this problem is isolated solely in Stillwater is ridiculous.

OK2LA
10/27/2006, 03:57 PM

If that happened to me - I'd return the favor IN SPADES. Everytime I went there, I'd go out of my way to wreak havoc on any car I saw with OSU orange, until I felt that I had exacted revenge enough to get me EVEN.

I guess it's a good thing that it didn't happen to me, cuz I'd set this "****** Battle" back a good decade with my hatred.

OK2LA
10/27/2006, 04:03 PM
. . . Most Oklahoma State fans (not all, but most), are Oklahoma State fans because that is where they went to school and/or obtained a degree. OU is the school with the majority of "bad" fans in this state because they are the most popular team in this state . . . .

I couldn't have written a more aggy quote if I tried. You my friend ARE aggy and AGGY is what you are.

There isn't enough time in the day to explain the myopia in your aggy colored glasses.

OSUAggie
10/27/2006, 04:06 PM
I couldn't have written a more aggy quote if I tried. You my friend ARE aggy and AGGY is what you are.

There isn't enough time in the day to explain the myopia in your aggy colored glasses.

Explain which part of that statement is wrong... Nobody wants to cheer for OSU football that has no sort of obligation by allegiance, do they?

OK2LA
10/27/2006, 05:05 PM
Explain which part of that statement is wrong... Nobody wants to cheer for OSU football that has no sort of obligation by allegiance, do they?

You aren't really this 'tupid are you?

These "sidewalk alumni" that you speak of are EQUALLY strong for both schools. I don't have any way to prove or disprove this, but how can you make a blanket statement such as:

"If these people choose to cheer for one of the state schools' athletics, they generally choose to cheer for the frontrunner"

Not everyone in the world is a frontrunner - Let me break out the crayons for you:

1. Chicago Cubs

2. Boston Red Sox

Up until a couple of years ago, neither one of these teams' fan bases had anything to cheer about. Who in their right mind would be a Cubs fan, or for that matter subject their children to the kind of pain that they go through.

You ask the question. Why would someone raise their child to be an OSU fan? I have no fuggin idea, but they do. There are families that are raised on aggy EVERYTHING (baseball/basketball/football/wrasslin' etc) - I've seen it. They don't have an ounce of sense, and there is no way in hell that they are getting a degree from OSU - let alone graduate from high school.

And for your comment:

Most Oklahoma State fans (not all, but most), are Oklahoma State fans because that is where they went to school and/or obtained a degree.

This is where your myopia comes in -

Again - I don't have the time to explain how asinine this comment is. Do you really think that the MAJORITY of people that cheer for osu went to osu and got their degree?!?

I'm done.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec:
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him”

Taxman71
10/27/2006, 05:10 PM
I went in 2004. Pregame and postgame were pretty cool because everything is within about 1 minute of the stadium (think half the size of OU's stadium and fanbase) and there is beer everywhere.

However, the moment you step inside the stadium, you feel like you just got cheated. It is small and the GIA on the east end makes it feel like a high school stadium. The jumbotron NEVER showed a replay that reflected a good play by OU EVER THE ENTIRE GAME. Stats were given for lOSUr at the end of each quarter, but never for OU. They blasted rock music while OU was in the huddle and basically shut it off the moment we snapped the ball. Their fans refused to speak to us until Mark Clayton muffed a punt and they scored in which case they got in our grills (60 year old women in my wife's grill mind you as I would have thrown down by this point). This continued the entire game until they lost on the last play of the game (missed FG).

Stillwater can be a very fun town, but that stadium and fanbase instantly let you know you are slummin' it in the world of D1 football.

Last note, unlike OSU fans pre-1995, they don't throw a great party win or lose anymore. If OU wins, you better watch your back and hope the car you drove didn't have OU stickers on it because they will as ****y as any losing fans you will see.

CatfishSooner
10/27/2006, 05:10 PM
bawwwa

Sooner24
10/27/2006, 05:12 PM
They probably thought you were checking out their sister/girlfriend/sheep... :D

FIXED!!! :D

birddog
10/27/2006, 05:12 PM

i agree with that. either aggy fans went to school there or had family that went there. there's not too many people that move in from connecticut that adopt the aggies and become huge fans.

Taxman71
10/27/2006, 05:15 PM
Interview all the white trash wearing orange at the state fair or next WWE event and the myth that all osu fans went to school there will soon be dispelled. Their fans have 2 mottos:

1. Poor but proud
2. I hate OU

OK2LA
10/27/2006, 05:19 PM
i agree with that. either aggy fans went to school there or had family that went there.

If by "family" you mean someone like great granpa Butch or sister in law's first hubby went there-

Then I stand corrected.

OSUAggie
10/27/2006, 05:29 PM
You aren't really this 'tupid are you?

These "sidewalk alumni" that you speak of are EQUALLY strong for both schools. I don't have any way to prove or disprove this, but how can you make a blanket statement such as:

Completely asinine.. Just as Texas has more t-shirt fans than aTm, the same is true for OU compared to OSU.. It happens when repeated success occurs in a specific sport or sports, in this case football...

Not everyone in the world is a frontrunner - Let me break out the crayons for you:

1. Chicago Cubs

2. Boston Red Sox

Up until a couple of years ago, neither one of these teams' fan bases had anything to cheer about. Who in their right mind would be a Cubs fan, or for that matter subject their children to the kind of pain that they go through.

Those are professional teams, different animal. And most, not all, but most, people have a geographical affiliation with those teams.... People in New England generally cheer for the Red Sox and people in Chicago have to cheer for someone, and so to be "classier," you cheer for the Cubs... People in Oklahoma like the Cubs and Cardinals b/c those were the teams historically that you could hear on the radio growing up in the 40s and 50s.....

You ask the question. Why would someone raise their child to be an OSU fan? I have no fuggin idea, but they do. There are families that are raised on aggy EVERYTHING (baseball/basketball/football/wrasslin' etc) - I've seen it. They don't have an ounce of sense, and there is no way in hell that they are getting a degree from OSU - let alone graduate from high school.

I don't recall asking the question as to why someone would raise their child as an OSU fan unless they have an obligation by allegiance.

Again - I don't have the time to explain how asinine this comment is. Do you really think that the MAJORITY of people that cheer for osu went to osu and got their degree?!?

On a consistent basis, yes (as in not b/c OSU is playing Nebraska and Joe hates Nebraska so he's cheering for OSU)

daveNnorman
10/27/2006, 09:01 PM
I have cousins that bleed orange, and they allways come up with the come back, most UO fans didn't even go to UO, that makes about as much sense as saying "you like Dallas, do you live there?" I have been all over the state, but it is just to Halloween for me in Slim Pickins U.

birddog
10/27/2006, 09:05 PM
If by "family" you mean someone like great granpa Butch or sister in law's first hubby went there-

Then I stand corrected.

that's what i mean. there has to be a connection in some way.

most people don't randomly pick a team.

Paperclip
10/27/2006, 09:50 PM
I'd like to add something to Taxman's post.
Growing up a sports fan in Oklahoma I often thought it would be fun to hit a game at both places in the same day. In 2003 I got my chance. OU played A&M in Norman at 11 AM (the 77-0 game) and then Texas was playing at OSU at 6 that evening. I stayed until the OU game ended, drove home, got some warmer clothes then headed to Stillwater. That night at the game there was a scrolling of Big XII scores from the day. The scroll had one interesting omission. Several times they scrolled through the scores on the video board, and yet the OU score somehow never made it. Just another example of OSU's pathetic inferiority complex.

sooneron
10/27/2006, 10:17 PM
There are plenty of OSU fans that have been to an OSU-OU game in Norman and had their tires slashed (including me) or windows broken out of their car or whatever. It happens. But to infer that this problem is isolated solely in Stillwater is ridiculous.
I call bull****, you guys are so marginalized in the state that no one would take the time to do such a thing in Norman.

KABOOKIE
10/27/2006, 10:22 PM
That's it really right there. The sad ****ing thing about osu is it's not just their fan base that has a bunch of rotten apples, it's the administration's actual incouragement of such classless bull****.

I don't expect them to show replays of good Sooner plays but, to not show OU's stats during the game? Gimme a fuggin break. They also don't mention the OU player's name during a play over the loudpeaker.

Remember the lowball bush league **** they did to the OU coaching staff after then game in 2004? Here, stand in the hallway to conduct your postgame conference. :rolleyes:

Ruuuuuufus
10/27/2006, 10:43 PM
I'd like to add something to Taxman's post.
Growing up a sports fan in Oklahoma I often thought it would be fun to hit a game at both places in the same day. In 2003 I got my chance. OU played A&M in Norman at 11 AM (the 77-0 game) and then Texas was playing at OSU at 6 that evening. I stayed until the OU game ended, drove home, got some warmer clothes then headed to Stillwater. That night at the game there was a scrolling of Big XII scores from the day. The scroll had one interesting omission. Several times they scrolled through the scores on the video board, and yet the OU score somehow never made it. Just another example of OSU's pathetic inferiority complex.

if you can't count that high you tend to get a little confused trying to put something on the video board.

bluedogok
10/27/2006, 11:00 PM
I went every year while I was at OU. Never set foot in the stadium though. I was there when Brent Parker made his mark in history, probably should have had my *** kicked that day. So, no, don't ever go to Stoolwater. ;)
We were in the end zone bleachers right in front of Brent "OOPS" Parker and Garrett "You Mother ****er" Limbrick. After that we went to Joe's and drank Skylabs and sang Boomer Sooner all night next to the pool tables. It didn't take long for all of the Sonners there to find us.
Yeah we should have had more trouble than we did that night, but we figured that was the typical wannabe Aggy :D

SoonerDood
10/27/2006, 11:20 PM
I could've attended Saint Eddie's final game at Gastro-Intestinal, a blowout loss to OU. I will never have an opportunity to talk **** like that again, so I figure I'd better start making up for it.

PhxSooner
10/27/2006, 11:21 PM
That's it really right there. The sad ****ing thing about osu is it's not just their fan base that has a bunch of rotten apples, it's the administration's actual incouragement of such classless bull****.

I don't expect them to show replays of good Sooner plays but, to not show OU's stats during the game? Gimme a fuggin break. They also don't mention the OU player's name during a play over the loudpeaker.

Remember the lowball bush league **** they did to the OU coaching staff after then game in 2004? Here, stand in the hallway to conduct your postgame conference. :rolleyes:
Hear, hear!

And for the record, I'm not insulted when aggy calls OU "the school to the south". It just shows the overwhelming obsession with OU, and the permanent inferiority complex. If osu wants to be a big-time school, then suck it up and act like one. No one likes a whiny little brother.

PhxSooner
10/27/2006, 11:21 PM
My one and only visit was in '92. Never again. And I can barely stand to watch games there on TV, what with the now blinding day-glo orange they're sporting.

sooneron
10/27/2006, 11:47 PM
That and the fact that the friggin aggy tastic stadium is east west. They are the retarded stepchildren of the state! Where are they in the school rankings?

tnraider1
10/28/2006, 02:23 AM
Go to the game and enjoy yourself. Deal with the retards, make fun of them on the way home. It's worth it to see a victory.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/29/2006, 10:14 AM
wow..... such harsh words and somewhat contradictory to the State of Oklahoma, as many towns, some of which even have an abundance of Sooner fans, smell like a livestock show. The fact is, Oklahoma has its healthy share of "ignorant, unclean people," of which most of them have perhaps a high school education. If these people choose to cheer for one of the state schools' athletics, they generally choose to cheer for the frontrunner, which has been Oklahoma football for somewhere near 100 years, save for maybe 1997. Most Oklahoma State fans (not all, but most), are Oklahoma State fans because that is where they went to school and/or obtained a degree. OU is the school with the majority of "bad" fans in this state because they are the most popular team in this state and perhaps this region (t-shirt Texas fans are somewhat prevelant from what I hear). There are plenty of OSU fans that have been to an OSU-OU game in Norman and had their :rolleyes:tires slashed (including me):rolleyes: or windows broken out of their car or whatever. It happens. But to infer that this problem is isolated solely in Stillwater is ridiculous.

In my experience, there are certain schools that breed this sort of poor sportsmanship and OU isn't one of them. Since you don't seem to get it, I'll lay out some schools with bad fans similar to osu's.

colorado
miami,fl
texas tech
kansas state
lsu (although I didn't mind them until they got super drunk and started hurling urine)
michigan

As I said, when I was leaving the stadium in stillwater, I was heckled repeatedly. It was very obnoxious.

No "good game" or "have a safe trip".

You'll get that at an OU game, Baylor game, Nebraska game, etc.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/29/2006, 10:25 AM
Hey, this is cool!

Agonizing defeats
By MATT DOYLE World Sports Writer
10/24/2006

View in Print (PDF) Format (http://www.tulsaworld.com/TWPDFs/2006/Final/W_102406_B_6.PDF)

For Oklahoma State fans, recent heartbreaking losses to Texas A&M and Kansas State might have been reminiscent of previous nightmares. A review of the damage:

Texas A&M 34, OSU 33, OT Oct. 21, 2006, Stillwater

The Aggies score the game-tying touchdown with three seconds left in regulation. After OSU scores a touchdown on its overtime possession, A&M's Red Bryant blocks Jason Ricks's extra point to end the game.
Kansas State 31, OSU 27 Oct. 7, 2006, Manhattan, Kan.

The Wildcats were limited to 207 yards in the first 55 minutes of the game. But freshman QB Josh Freeman directs late TD drives of 92 and 58 yards to rally K-State from a 10-point deficit.
Texas 47, OSU 28 Oct. 29, 2005, Stillwater

Vince Young plays Superman for the eventual national champion Longhorns. The Texas QB had 506 yards of total offense and led the Longhorns to 38 unanswered points after OSU built a 28-9 lead late in the first half.
Texas 56, OSU 35 Nov. 6, 2004, Austin, Texas

The ultimate tale of two halves. OSU builds a 35-7 advantage late in the first half, but Texas storms back by scoring the next 49 points for a 21-point win.
Louisiana Tech 39, OSU 36 Aug. 31, 2002, Shreveport, La.

Trailing 36-18 late in the third quarter, Bulldogs QB Luke McCown dissects OSU's defense for 21 points in the final 17 minutes. McCown threw the game-winning, 24-yard TD pass to Erick Franklin on a fourth-and-10 play with one minute remaining.
Nebraska 24, OSU 17 Oct. 3, 1998, Kansas City, Mo.

By a matter of inches, Nebraska extended its winning streak over OSU to 23 games. From the 1-yard line, OSU's Nathan Simmons is stuffed for no gain as time expires.
Missouri 51, OSU 50, 2OT Oct. 25, 1997, Stillwater

OSU scores 30 consecutive points to take a 37-30 lead with less than two minutes to play. But Mizzou's Corby Jones throws a 38-yard TD with 18 seconds left to force OT. After scoring in the second OT, OSU coach Bob Simmons bypasses the extra-point kick. He attempts to win the game with a 2-point conversion. Missouri gets the defensive stop.
Colorado 16, OSU 12 Nov. 9, 1991, Stillwater

The Buffaloes stun OSU by pulling off a fake field goal in the waning seconds. Lined up for a 37-yard field goal, holder Robbie James threw a 20-yard scoring pass to Christian Fauria.
Oklahoma 31, OSU 28 Nov. 5, 1988, Stillwater

The Brent Parker ****** game. On a fourth-down play, with 43 seconds left, Parker drops the potential game-winning, 34-yard TD pass in the end zone.
Oklahoma 21, OSU 20 Oct. 15, 1983, Stillwater

OU trailed 20-3 with 10 minutes to play after committing seven turnovers. But after two TDs and a 2-point conversion cut the deficit to 20-18 with 2:50 left, Tim Lasher drilled his kickoff off Chris Rockins' helmet and the Sooners recovered the loose ball. Lasher then booted the go-ahead, 46-yard field goal with 1:14 left.