PDA

View Full Version : Best High School Athletic Facilities

AllAboutThe'O'
10/27/2006, 03:38 AM
So the other day me and a couple of co-workers go up to northwest Arkansas to have lunch with our former boss and take a side trip up to Bentonville, where we know the football coach pretty well. They just built a new football stadium a couple of years ago, but I had yet to see it.
The stadium was pretty impressive, with field turf and a big scoreboard with a Jumbotron. But what also blew me away was their indoor practice facility. That thing was HUGE, with an 85-yard field and padded walls all over the place. The weight room was pretty big as well. The coach told us that when USC played at Arkansas earlier this season, they used Bentonville as their practice facility. He also said that when USC sent a rep to scout the area during the offseason, he was so blown away by the place that he ended up staying a week up there.
In my area, Alma (Ark.) comes to mind. Their stadium is picturesque and they even have an elevator that goes to the press box. They're also building a new basketball gym (the current gym leaves a lot to be desired BTW). The best basketball gym in the area is Greenwood, they've got seating on three sides and it's pretty massive. As far as greater Fort Smith, Northside has the better facilities hands down, plus they just built a big indoor workout facility.
Any other impressive high school sports facilities that come to mind, this is the thread to post 'em. I'm sure the Metroplex SF.commers have some pretty good choices.

Paperclip
10/27/2006, 10:41 AM
The basketball arena at Tulsa Union

http://umac.unionps.org/images/LG_Arena-during-BA-game.jpg

GrapevineSooner
10/27/2006, 03:17 PM
Dragon Stadium in Southlake.