PDA

View Full Version : Mike Holder says................

Sooner24
10/26/2006, 07:36 PM
****** won't sell out.

"It won't sell out," Holder said, referring to the ****** contest, "unless people come and buy those club seats tomorrow. Where have they been for the last five months?"

There is no way I will pay $100 dollars to go to Stillwater.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/SportsExtra/stories/osu_sportsxtra.asp?s=061026_Sp_B1_Sello32457&sp=fb

Sooner24
10/26/2006, 07:41 PM
He also said...

"People just might as well get ready, because our football team eventually is going to be competitive in the conference. People are going to want the seats. We're not (reducing prices) in the short term. We're just not. We're going to hold the line on what the price is. We're going to uphold the integrity of the pricing structure we have."

I don't think any of the people born in this millennium have to get ready.

Another gem is............

While ticket sales declined, an OSU source indicated that ticket revenue will wind up being about $1 million greater than it was in 2005. Holder did not confirm any such increase. "I really haven't looked at it," he said.

You would think being AD he would be on top of everything like that. I guess golfing with T. Boone does not allow him time for checking on things like that.

Sure makes me sad Holder is from Ardmore. :(

olevetonahill
10/26/2006, 07:50 PM
Makes me sad that osu is in Oklahoma

setem
10/26/2006, 08:17 PM
Why the hell are OSU tickets more than OU tickets? I just died alittle inside! I am hoping to get the hook up on tickets to ******. I am friends with the daughter of a well known sports broadcaster here in oklahoma...I do not think she will come through for me though.

yermom
10/26/2006, 08:19 PM
haha ******

Ostate4life
10/26/2006, 08:19 PM
Its not the regular seats that are a problem. It's the $350 a game club seats that arent selling for ******. If you guys are financially able I would recommend you buy a seat in the club area. The food is excelllent(included in ticket price) and they also serve alchohol in the club seats. It is a shame though that these expensive tickets will cost us a sellout. Oh well if any of you guys are coming to the game I may have a tailgate set up and if I do your welcome to come by.

GO POKES!!

Rhino
10/26/2006, 08:20 PM
Makes me sad that I'm not already an athletic director.

Rhino
10/26/2006, 08:23 PM
Its not the regular seats that are a problem. It's the $350 a game club seats that arent selling for ******. If you guys are financially able I would recommend you buy a seat in the club area. The food is excelllent(included in ticket price) and they also serve alchohol in the club seats. It is a shame though that these expensive tickets will cost us a sellout. Oh well if any of you guys are coming to the game I may have a tailgate set up and if I do your welcome to come by.

GO POKES!! During the second week of the season, my sister went with a friend and hung out in one the suites. She said it was pretty nice - free food and alcohol.

And they watched the OU/Washington game in the suite during the OSU game. :D

setem
10/26/2006, 08:29 PM
There is ****** in my pants right now!
bedlambedlambedlambedlam!

Sooner_Bob
10/26/2006, 08:44 PM
I'm debating on whether or not I'd like to go . . . the last game I saw up here was the '92 15-15 tie.

critical_phil
10/26/2006, 09:08 PM

GO POKES!!

welcome aboard.

IronSooner
10/26/2006, 09:26 PM
$350 to watch an osu game?
1. Who of their alums can pay that? Do vets really make that much?
2. Why would anyone pay that much? Can you stay all day and is the booze free?

tulsaoilerfan
10/26/2006, 09:30 PM
For $350, they better have some Night Trips girls in those club suites giving free lap dances

olevetonahill
10/26/2006, 10:09 PM
For $350, they better have some Night Trips girls in those club suites giving free lap dances
they just turn in some fresh sheep

goingoneight
10/26/2006, 10:15 PM
they just turn in some fresh sheep

Damn it! Beat me to it...

Sorry, but I was treated like a terrorist in 2002 in Agua De La Stool, and I wasn't too fond on the idea of ever going back, especially since the ticket prices went up for no apparent reason. If I'm paying $100.00 for any football ticket, it had better be my Red River Shootout ticket. "We're about to become competitive in the league..." What, ridiculous oppurtunists bring that competitive edge?

OUstud
10/26/2006, 10:17 PM

GO POKES!!

OU's club level serves Aramark food that isn't that much different from the regular seats and no alcohol. [Chris Farley]That's right, no alcohol![/Chris Farley].

Ostate4life
10/26/2006, 10:41 PM
That is B.S. that you cant have alchohol in your club seats!! Whats the damn point of paying all that extra money!! I dont know who does our food but its pretty darn good. This week they have prime rib and fajitas on the menu. They also have served Steak and other good stuff in the past. Washing it down with a beer or some crown makes it that much better!!

Sorry some of you guys have had bad experiences, I have been cussed out and had my car vandalized in Norman. It Sucks. But I know 99% of your fans are cool and that every fanbase has jackasses.

My point though is that if you guys have the cash, the club level has great food and booze. Cant top that!!

picasso
10/26/2006, 10:53 PM
did the club thing at K-State '04 and at Arrowhead last year for the KU game. there's plenty of adult libation going on up there.

at least you can drown your sorrows if you're an oSu fan. wink wink.

leavingthezoo
10/26/2006, 11:26 PM
My point though is that if you guys have the cash, the club level has great food and booze.

so do any number of restraurants at a better price, and you don't have to sit through a poke game. and that, my friend, is the bonus. :D

Big Red Ron
10/26/2006, 11:35 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

StoopTroup
10/26/2006, 11:50 PM
I've got some family members who went to Poke U.

They tried to buy Season Tickets to Boonesfarm this year.

The first time they contacted the ticket office they said they had to fill all the previous years season ticket holders request before selling new Season Ticket requests.

They sent back another email and asked what date they thought the new requests might take place. They said that they didn't know.

My Family member kept checking the website every week until the end of August I think and the Pokes Ticket Office never seemed to open it up for new Season Ticket Holders. I think they just opened up ticket sales to everyone who might want them.

Anyway...since the ticket office couldn't even explain what and when sales for tickets would take place...they didn't buy any.

If the ticket prices are their reason for no sellouts this year....

I say BS.

It's stupidity more than likely.

picasso
10/26/2006, 11:54 PM
why not just play their football games in GIA? it would lessen the Poke confusion and possibly get a sellout every Saturday.

Ostate4life
10/27/2006, 12:49 AM
why not just play their football games in GIA? it would lessen the Poke confusion and possibly get a sellout every Saturday.

By the same token if you played B-Ball at Owen Field maybe fans would think it was football and actually show up.

yermom
10/27/2006, 01:01 AM
so do any number of restraurants at a better price, and you don't have to sit through a poke game. and that, my friend, is the bonus. :D

well, this Poke game happens to be an OU game ;)

soonerboomer93
10/27/2006, 02:24 AM
That is B.S. that you cant have alchohol in your club seats!! Whats the damn point of paying all that extra money!! I dont know who does our food but its pretty darn good. This week they have prime rib and fajitas on the menu. They also have served Steak and other good stuff in the past. Washing it down with a beer or some crown makes it that much better!!

Sorry some of you guys have had bad experiences, I have been cussed out and had my car vandalized in Norman. It Sucks. But I know 99% of your fans are cool and that every fanbase has jackasses.

My point though is that if you guys have the cash, the club level has great food and booze. Cant top that!!

But does it have a good view of the OU brickwork?

picasso
10/27/2006, 09:32 AM
By the same token if you played B-Ball at Owen Field maybe fans would think it was football and actually show up.
but but, you oSu types claim to be the best fans around! yet you fail to support your football team even way back when in '97 when you had a decent squad.
also, I never heard zip from you guys until you finally beat us in football. it was all silence, even during Eddie Sutton season.:D

King Crimson
10/27/2006, 09:33 AM
....he's done with Sergio?