PDA

View Full Version : Official Tomato Thread

Red October
10/26/2006, 03:47 PM
My tribute to the Tomato

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomato

http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/veggies/images/tomato.jpg

Spaghetti with white sauce just wouldnt cut it with me.
Without it, we would just have flat bread with cheese, not pizza.
Bacon and Lettuce sandwiches are teh succ.
Heinz would never have made his fortune
I would have been without handy things to throw at cars when I was a kid.
Bloody Marys would be Milky Marys??? (yuk)
Fried Green Pickles wouldnt have been a box office hit.

Thank you, Mr. Tomato. Thank you for making my life flavorful.

Petro-Sooner
10/26/2006, 03:54 PM
With a touch of salt. DE lish

TUSooner
10/26/2006, 03:57 PM
There's nothing better than good tomato, and nothing worse than a bad one.

OUTromBoNado
10/27/2006, 02:14 AM
Has anyone seen those purple tomatoes yet? I saw a storm on either CNN.com or Yahoo! about it. They are being produced in a lab somewhere since they are not native to North America. Apparently, they occur naturally in South America.

Someone on my dad's mail route gave him some about a month ago. They were pretty good even though they looked rotten.

TUSooner
10/27/2006, 06:51 AM
Has anyone seen those purple tomatoes yet? I saw a storm on either CNN.com or Yahoo! about it. They are being produced in a lab somewhere since they are not native to North America. Apparently, they occur naturally in South America.

Someone on my dad's mail route gave him some about a month ago. They were pretty good even though they looked rotten.
I have a purple tomato plant that, as a sprout, survived Kartina and a 4-month exile in OKC (indoors, of course), including drives there and back. But it produced exactly 1 tomato this year. :( It's still alive though, and I gave some seeds to a friend who's good with plants, so we'll see.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/27/2006, 06:55 AM
I love fresh out-of-the-garden tomatoes. The anemic ones you get out of season, not so much.