PDA

View Full Version : A&M: Looking ahead to OU

MRNOTDUCKS
10/26/2006, 02:18 PM
I can't wait for OU to come to town. It's always a pleasure to host a team with a such a storied past and classy fans. I don't think people are giving OU enough credit this year. The boat is still afloat even though you have taken hit after hit this season. Ramob, avian officiating, Peterson's injury, and yet you are still winning. I think the Sooners pull it out this weekend in Missouri and come to Kyle Field to take on the 8-1 Aggies. It's going to be a good game. It always is. I hope I don't have to hear your fight song too much, though. lol
I'll be interested in your opinions of the improvements that have been made at Kyle Field. Huge video board, ribbon boards around the stadium, new sound system, state of the arts media center and production company that runs all of the eye and ear candy. It really is a sight to see.

It would be great to meet any Sooners before the game.

Gig 'em! MRND

fadada1
10/26/2006, 02:25 PM
list eater???

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/26/2006, 02:34 PM
I am going to the game, but as a warning, don't look past Baylor. Remember last time you guys were looking past them to get to us. Although, who would have thought the two teams could go in to that game with a combined three losses. I hope you guys beat UT this year!

MRNOTDUCKS
10/26/2006, 02:53 PM
I don't think my attitude as a fan translates to the attitude of the team. The team knows they have another conference game to play before the OU game. As a fan, I have the luxury of being confident and looking ahead to next week to a good football game.

Rhino
10/26/2006, 03:16 PM
Lil and I will be there.

I'll be the tall bald dude with the short, cute girl dressed up in Sooner garb in the A&M donor section.

Luthor
10/26/2006, 03:17 PM
So you guys are going into The Tackle Box this year to play aggy. I know it's still a few days away but forwarned is forarmed. Stay clear of those guys that stand really close to one another, bend over and and grab crotch. I don't know for sure but I think it's some sort of ancient ritual that gets aggy RBs all worked up when they see it. Especially when those guys start up with the sheep sounds.

I recommend you guys all wear elbow length rubber gloves into the stadium. Oh yeah, be sure to look before you sit down. The fire hoses and chlorox don't always get everything.

10/26/2006, 03:31 PM
YUCK YUCK!

Now here's Roy...

http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2006/03/27/inside-owens.jpg

MRNOTDUCKS
10/26/2006, 04:01 PM
LOL!

Xstnlsooner
10/26/2006, 04:11 PM
I was in CS in August a week or so before school began and was
very surprised NOT to see lots of Aggie Nazis running around...

SIEG HEIL!!

Schoonerbeer
10/26/2006, 04:17 PM
Have you taken the swords away from the faggie wantabe military dudes, or will they still try to stab people if they step on the hallowed field?

BOOMER SOONER

KC//CRIMSON
10/26/2006, 06:14 PM
Why does A&M play like the '85 Bears every time we play them in College Station, but when they come to Norman they couldn't beat Ft. Worth Tech?

OKC-SLC
10/26/2006, 06:35 PM
It's going to be a good game. It always is.
heh.

TXBOOMER
10/26/2006, 06:40 PM
I'm going to the game as well. Will there be a soonerfans tailgate party in the parking lot?

TXBOOMER
10/26/2006, 06:42 PM
Have you taken the swords away from the faggie wantabe military dudes, or will they still try to stab people if they step on the hallowed field?

BOOMER SOONER

I think they actually took them away after an incident with I think it was SMU cheerleaders. I heard they just have handles and dull aluminum in place of real sabres.

Oldnslo
10/26/2006, 08:53 PM
I'll be interested in your opinions of the improvements that have been made at Kyle Field.
I'll bet your stadium is fRantastic!

SicEmBaylor
10/26/2006, 09:01 PM
I'll be interested in your opinions of the improvements that have been made at Kyle Field.

Oh? Does it look a lot less like a giant piece of concrete?

trwxxa
10/26/2006, 09:32 PM

BOOMER SOONER

It's time to live in the now. You are free to roam the field after the game without fear of attack.

But do watch for the "shovel" guy before the game. That still cracks me up.:D

trwxxa
10/26/2006, 09:37 PM
I'll be interested in your opinions of the improvements that have been made at Kyle Field. Huge video board, ribbon boards around the stadium, new sound system, state of the arts media center and production company that runs all of the eye and ear candy. It really is a sight to see.

The new boards are nice. I like the video board since it is not ringed with advertisements like in some others stadiums here in Texas. ;)

Big Red Ron
10/26/2006, 11:41 PM
Biches never learn.

Texas Golfer
10/27/2006, 02:24 AM
I'm glad MRNOTDUCKS is looking forward to playing the Sooners. He had better hope his Aggies are not looking past the Bears. Baylor may just up and bite the Aggies in the butt.

SicEmBaylor
10/27/2006, 02:27 AM
I'm glad MRNOTDUCKS is looking forward to playing the Sooners. He had better hope his Aggies are not looking past the Bears. Baylor is going to bite the Aggies in the butt.

Fixed.

Texas Golfer
10/27/2006, 02:33 AM
I will be at FCS for the game, Sic 'Em. Maybe I'll see you there. I met you at the OU/Baylor game last year in Norman.

SteelClip49
10/27/2006, 10:56 AM
IMO, Texas A&M will win the south. Of course, I believe OU will spoil that chance for the Aggies. But it's in college station and OU is without their biggest weapon and the damn game like i said is in College Station. I think OU will go in ready and it will be a classic game. If TAMU wins, I have them winning out and playing for the Big 12 title.

10/27/2006, 11:09 AM
Against NU and Fexas IN AUSTIN?

Dude.

sooneron
10/27/2006, 11:09 AM
I'm sorry, but ribbon boards are about as ghey as they sound.

OUmillenium
10/27/2006, 11:45 AM
So you guys are going into The Tackle Box this year to play aggy. I know it's still a few days away but forwarned is forarmed. Stay clear of those guys that stand really close to one another, bend over and and grab crotch. I don't know for sure but I think it's some sort of ancient ritual that gets aggy RBs all worked up when they see it. Especially when those guys start up with the sheep sounds.

I recommend you guys all wear elbow length rubber gloves into the stadium. Oh yeah, be sure to look before you sit down. The fire hoses and chlorox don't always get everything.

Funny stuff! I was at the OU-aggie game a few years back (77-0). First time I had seen the whole Forrest Gump in milkman uniform show. Very odd. Thank goodness we hammered em. Band was awesome at half-time. I like Pirates much better though.

10/27/2006, 12:45 PM
Pirate's band is great! Easily my favorite in the Doce Grandes. I love that thing they do with the, er... well...

Ba BAAAAAAAAAAA

(long pause)

ba ba BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Seriously, I dig that stuff.

10/27/2006, 12:47 PM
Hell, I feel like throwing on a pancho just thinking about it.

Texas Golfer
10/27/2006, 01:56 PM
IMO, Texas A&M will win the south. Of course, I believe OU will spoil that chance for the Aggies. But it's in college station and OU is without their biggest weapon and the damn game like i said is in College Station. I think OU will go in ready and it will be a classic game. If TAMU wins, I have them winning out and playing for the Big 12 title.

Not gonna happen.

Stoop Dawg
10/27/2006, 02:27 PM
I was in CS in August a week or so before school began and was
very surprised NOT to see lots of Aggie Nazis running around...

SIEG HEIL!!

Is this the thread where we discuss how classless and ignorant Nazi references to ATM are, or is that topic saved for the week before the game?

TIA.

badger
10/27/2006, 02:27 PM
It isn't just A&M that tries harder against us, its every single one of our opponents!

Just remember: If you lose to Baylor, us, Texas et al, you can't fire Franchione--- your athletic department guaranteed him way to much money... FOR THE NEXT TEN YEARS! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!! :D:D:D

OUFAN29
10/27/2006, 02:50 PM
I'll be flying in for that game as well. Hope to meet up with fellow fans. traveling alone again.

TexasLidig8r
10/27/2006, 03:24 PM
Sic.. you and Duckie need to have a gentleman's wager on this.. do signatures or avatars or something.. make it interesting. :D

SicEmBaylor
10/27/2006, 03:25 PM
I'm game for that.

MR, how about you?

Luthor
10/27/2006, 03:33 PM
I think they actually took them away after an incident with I think it was SMU cheerleaders. I heard they just have handles and dull aluminum in place of real sabres.

Actually I think they had to trade in their Spanish steel Sabres for plastic pirate swords from the WB store in the mall. They can still wear their spit-shined jack boots but it's just not the same. I hear they don't watch reruns of Conan The Barbarian on Friday nights anymore. Now that they've lost their steel, it's just too painful.

MRNOTDUCKS
10/29/2006, 02:56 PM
All right, let's get it on like a pot of neckbones! ;-)

This is going to be a great game. A&M fans are in a frenzy -- you wouldn't believe the vibe right now. It's not over-confidence in regard to the Sooners. It's a feeling that we know that any game is winnable. This team has shown time and again that it's just not going to accept defeat. Teams have come out and punched us in the mouth, but the team is indefatigable. Because of this attitude, our record is better than our play on the field has been at times.

We are not perfect. Far from it. We are susceptible to the deep ball, and our run D needs to get stingy. However on offense, we have proved that we are a tough team to gameplan against. Fran might give you steady doses of Lane, or he might try beat you around the outside with Lewis or freshman Goodson (who seems to be growing leaps and bounds each game). Or you might have to deal McGee and the option. Many offensive weapons -- but at times this season, we just have not clicked.

One thing is for certain, the players and the fans don't want to feel what we felt after the Texas Tech game at Kyle Field this year. And for that reason alone, any team that comes into Kyle Field is going to have a heavy weight fight on their hands.

SicEmBaylor
10/29/2006, 04:33 PM
Wrong thread. sorry.

TexasLidig8r
10/30/2006, 10:09 AM
Ducks..

Legitimate, and non-smack question here...

If you fun into a defense which is capable of shutting down aggy's running attack, do you believe that McGee has the ability and receivers to win a game through the air?