PDA

View Full Version : HEY HOWZIT!

Widescreen
10/26/2006, 12:34 PM
You need to get in on this and let us know how it goes. :P

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,225205,00.html

Making the Rest of Us Look Lazy, One 26-Mile Run at a Time

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Forty-three runners joined Dean Karnazes of San Francisco as he completed his 38th marathon in as many days as he seeks to do one in each state in 50 days.

"Talk about a once-in-a-lifetime experience. This is like playing pickup hoops with Michael Jordan," first-time marathoner Ben Dicke said after joining Karnazes for the 26.2-mile run Tuesday.

Also among those running was Pam Reed, two-time winner of the Badwater Ultramarathon who was in town to promote her autobiography, "The Extra Mile."

Also joining Karnazes along the course were his parents, his wife, Julie, and children Alexandria and Nicholas. It was a special day for Nicholas, a Green Bay Packers fan, who celebrated his ninth birthday by running the final nine miles, including a lap around Lambeau Field. The runners sang "Happy Birthday" to him as they entered the stadium.

Karnazes, 44, who completed his run Tuesday in a leisurely 4 hours and 7 minutes, plans to complete his 50th run Nov. 5 at the New York City Marathon.

critical_phil
10/26/2006, 12:38 PM
OUT!

let me know if someone wants to do a 50 pizzas in 50 days contest.

Howzit
10/26/2006, 03:40 PM
I'd heard about this guy...pretty amazing. I didn't realize he was already at 38. The most amazing thing, to me, is that he's been able to stay injury-free so far.

He cheats, though. He's, like, skinny and stuff.

Sooner_Bob
10/26/2006, 04:15 PM
I don't think I could do 26 miles in 50 days . . . a 50 second quarter is another thing. (or it was 15-16 years ago when I could run it)

Widescreen
10/26/2006, 04:45 PM
(or it was 15-16 years ago when I could run it)
Here we go on another BMI tangent.

:D