PDA

View Full Version : We Love You STOOPS!!

All_Day_28
10/25/2006, 11:53 PM
regardless of what the media and the haters have to say about you... the real down to earth fans ask that "YOU NEVER LEAVE!"

birddog
10/26/2006, 12:24 AM
sheet, i hope he pulls a paterno.

StoopTroup
10/26/2006, 12:31 AM
The dude ain't going anywhere.

Desert Sapper
10/26/2006, 02:40 AM
I'm hoping for a good 30 years out of him. I figure that puts us in the position to win another 6 titles and make fun of Alabama. Even if we don't win another title under Stoops (which I don't think is very likely), I want him around forever. JoePa Stoopsy all the way.

mightysooner
10/26/2006, 09:45 AM
I'd rather he stay although I admittedly am nowhere near as high on him as I once was. I think our recent run of mediocrity has shown some of his weaknesses.....his stubborn loyalty, blue collar nature being the most glaring.

OUster
10/26/2006, 09:54 AM
I'd rather he stay although I admittedly am nowhere near as high on him as I once was. I think our recent run of mediocrity has shown some of his weaknesses.....his stubborn loyalty, blue collar nature being the most glaring.

Sorry, brother, I may see the world through Stoop's own crimson colored glasses. However, Stoop's "run of mediocrity" (last year being his worst season) still had his w-l record for the season better than The Kings worst w-l record. Plus, I don't feel there is anything mediocre in finishing in the top 25 with a bowl win over a top 5 team, given you had the official youngest team and hardest schedule in the nation. Lastly, if you are counting this year, we are not done yet, but I will bet you dollars to doughnuts, 9-3 is the worst we go. Sounds pretty damn good to me. But, maybe I am just half full of ****. :)

mightysooner
10/26/2006, 10:18 AM
Sorry, brother, I may see the world through Stoop's own crimson colored glasses. However, Stoop's "run of mediocrity" (last year being his worst season) still had his w-l record for the season better than The Kings worst w-l record. Plus, I don't feel there is anything mediocre in finishing in the top 25 with a bowl win over a top 5 team, given you had the official youngest team and hardest schedule in the nation. Lastly, if you are counting this year, we are not done yet, but I will bet you dollars to doughnuts, 9-3 is the worst we go. Sounds pretty damn good to me. But, maybe I am just half full of ****. :)

There's certainly some argument to be made there. However, just finishing in the top 25, giong 9-3, and winning your bowl will never be satisfactory at Oklahoma. That's what expectations are at texas-tech and A&M. I just think it's clear our performance level has declined substantially since Mike left and after the mouth raping we took fro KSU in the Big XII Champ game, and then the anal probing we got from USC the following year, has shown that our staff has a tendency to be outcoached a lot these days. That's just what I see is them getting outcoached every time they play a highly ranked opponent anymore and that's a problem.

OUster
10/26/2006, 11:19 AM
There's certainly some argument to be made there. However, just finishing in the top 25, giong 9-3, and winning your bowl will never be satisfactory at Oklahoma. That's what expectations are at texas-tech and A&M. I just think it's clear our performance level has declined substantially since Mike left and after the mouth raping we took fro KSU in the Big XII Champ game, and then the anal probing we got from USC the following year, has shown that our staff has a tendency to be outcoached a lot these days. That's just what I see is them getting outcoached every time they play a highly ranked opponent anymore and that's a problem.

I hear what you're saying, mainly because I am reading the boards instead of actually working. However, name one college football coach that has won a string of more than two undisturbed national championships in a row and sustained undefeated seasons for his entire tenure. No coach ever has (and been recognized as doing it on a national scale). Yeah, some coaches have come close but fallen humanly short. I believe Stoops is still one of the coaches that will be remembered for consistency and national championship caliber teams. I also believe we will be in the NC game within the next 3 years. I also agree that this Oklalhoma, we expect to feed the monster and Stoops is well aware of it. However, the man's staff is constantly raided year in and year out by other programs. It is unavoidable that we would have a down year as our coach attrition rate does affect us. But, I would take a Stoops down year over any other coaches in the country. I also think Stoops is one of the only coaches in the country who can bounce back to be consistently in the national championship race. In short, I love him and I am not afraid to admit it:O

TexasSooner01
10/26/2006, 11:29 AM
Stoops is a Gawd!

mightysooner
10/26/2006, 11:47 AM
I hear what you're saying, mainly because I am reading the boards instead of actually working. However, name one college football coach that has won a string of more than two undisturbed national championships in a row and sustained undefeated seasons for his entire tenure. No coach ever has (and been recognized as doing it on a national scale). Yeah, some coaches have come close but fallen humanly short. I believe Stoops is still one of the coaches that will be remembered for consistency and national championship caliber teams. I also believe we will be in the NC game within the next 3 years. I also agree that this Oklalhoma, we expect to feed the monster and Stoops is well aware of it. However, the man's staff is constantly raided year in and year out by other programs. It is unavoidable that we would have a down year as our coach attrition rate does affect us. But, I would take a Stoops down year over any other coaches in the country. I also think Stoops is one of the only coaches in the country who can bounce back to be consistently in the national championship race. In short, I love him and I am not afraid to admit it:O

See why do people say that Stoops' staff is raided year in and year out? His assistants aren't hot commodities. They don't get interviewed for big jobs. Mangino, his brother, and Leach were the best assistants he's had and they got jobs. Long got sandiego state. That's not a good job. he had to take it because his ineptitude was starting to show through here (by the way, did you know Long's team was booed from the field, at home, on their way in to halftime during their first game?) I don't think anybody is filling up Venable's or BJW's answering machines either. I don't think Stoops is a bad coach. I think he hasn't elarned that the best coaches surround themselves with the best assistants. He doesn't do that. He just promotes from within like he's running an assembly factory of some kind.

sooner94
10/26/2006, 12:04 PM
Stoops rules. Man Law.

picasso
10/26/2006, 12:08 PM
yes, we need more white collared types of coaches.

picasso
10/26/2006, 12:09 PM
See why do people say that Stoops' staff is raided year in and year out? His assistants aren't hot commodities. They don't get interviewed for big jobs. Mangino, his brother, and Leach were the best assistants he's had and they got jobs. Long got sandiego state. That's not a good job. he had to take it because his ineptitude was starting to show through here (by the way, did you know Long's team was booed from the field, at home, on their way in to halftime during their first game?) I don't think anybody is filling up Venable's or BJW's answering machines either. I don't think Stoops is a bad coach. I think he hasn't elarned that the best coaches surround themselves with the best assistants. He doesn't do that. He just promotes from within like he's running an assembly factory of some kind.
I'm not really seeing anybody elses assistants setting the world on fire Jack. oh my bad, yes Syracuse is a wonderful job.
see oSu for stupid hiring practices.

Pricetag
10/26/2006, 12:22 PM
If he had been here ten years before that national championship, I might be inclined to agree with you. The guy is still a young coach, and is experiencing scenarios for the first time, and learning. I think he'll be even better in the future because of all he's had to deal with in the past few years.

SoonerJLB
10/26/2006, 01:50 PM
I must admit...HC Bob Stoops is my first "man crush" as my wife likes to call it. I respect the the heck out of the guy.

OklahomaRed
10/26/2006, 02:12 PM
Stoops! Stoops! Stoops! Stoops! Stoops! ................

Texas Golfer
10/27/2006, 02:26 AM
The media is on Stoops' butt because it sells. We're fortunate to have him.

oumartin
10/27/2006, 04:49 PM
I love the guy but don't think he will stay much longer.. I hope i am wrong

SicEmBaylor
10/27/2006, 04:58 PM
I can't imagine anyone wanting a HC change at OU other than non-OU fans.
Any Sooner who even thinks of it should stripped of their crimson, kicked to the curb, and made into a fan of one of the lesser sports more befitting of them...like soccer.

SoonerGM
10/27/2006, 06:35 PM
See why do people say that Stoops' staff is raided year in and year out? His assistants aren't hot commodities. They don't get interviewed for big jobs. Mangino, his brother, and Leach were the best assistants he's had and they got jobs. Long got sandiego state. That's not a good job.

because most assistant coaches get thier first HC job at big time football programs... :rolleyes:

SoonerGM
10/27/2006, 06:36 PM
so have any of you voted yet?

www.coachoftheyear.com

daveNnorman
10/27/2006, 08:38 PM
I hope Bob dies on the field, throwing his cain, dentures and a soiled depends at a ref.

MissouriSooner
10/27/2006, 10:17 PM
I hope the powers that be give both Bob and Mack lifetime contracts...