PDA

View Full Version : If Texas had lost to USC...........

Sooner24
10/25/2006, 11:49 PM
The Trojans would be setting at 41 wins in a row and counting with six regular season games to go.

GottaHavePride
10/25/2006, 11:54 PM
And if we hadn't lost to Notre Dame our streak would have been something like 63 games...

yermom
10/26/2006, 12:05 AM
and you'd hear about "The Great 3-Pete" for 50 or so years regardless of the streak, of course them catching the streak would suck

i'm not sure they can beat Cal, Oregon AND ND though

Soonerus
10/26/2006, 12:14 AM
candies and nuts.....

Soonerus
10/26/2006, 12:16 AM
They would be setting at 41 wins in a row and counting with six regular season games to go.

btw, that is bull shirt...they would be at about 28 had they not also lost to Ohio State...

Doublelobe46
10/26/2006, 12:50 AM
I think he is talking about USC's former win streak, not the longhorns win streak.

BIG_IKE
10/26/2006, 01:18 AM
Yeah good thing they lost. On the other hand if Texas had not lost to Ohio State they would be at about 33 going into the MNC this year and would break or tie it if they could do the same next year....scary. Glad they both lost.

Desert Sapper
10/26/2006, 01:42 AM
Maybe we need to put together a win streak of OUr own over the next couple years...

...we are at 2 games now. It continues Saturday morning in Columbia. The young team we have this year has a chance to be really special in '07 and '08. Ending this season with a double digit number in the W column would be awesome.

And yes, it would be teh succ if South Central U was still riding a 40+ game win streak. Thank God for small miracles, even if they only score a 6 on the Wonderlic.

Sooner24
10/26/2006, 06:13 AM
And if we hadn't lost to Notre Dame our streak would have been something like 63 games...

Glad you changed that from the 78 you had to start with. ;)

TUSooner
10/26/2006, 07:02 AM
I take that as some vindication of those of us who held our noses and cheered for tejas last January. It also means I dont have to pull for the University of Jesus's Mom to knock off USuC this year. :D

sanantoniosooner
10/26/2006, 07:53 AM
btw, that is bull shirt...they would be at about 28 had they not also lost to Ohio State...
Seriously, have the fire department check your house out for fumes.

sendbaht
10/26/2006, 08:28 AM
I live in USC country, It's the only time you will see me type or say these words, I'm happy Texas won, darn, that is hard to say.

TexasLidig8r
10/26/2006, 08:32 AM
The Trojans would be setting at 41 wins in a row and counting with six regular season games to go.

You're welcome. :D

GottaHavePride
10/26/2006, 02:51 PM
Glad you changed that from the 78 you had to start with. ;)

Yeah, I think it'd be close to 78 if you take out the two losses to ND on either side of the 47, though. ;)

TopDawg
10/29/2006, 11:42 AM
bump

Desert Sapper
10/29/2006, 03:52 PM
You're welcome. :D

It would feel better to thank the Oregon State Beavers. At least we didn't have to suffer through the suc lovefest again. That's something.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/29/2006, 04:03 PM
It would feel better to thank the Oregon State Beavers. At least we didn't have to suffer through the suc lovefest again. That's something.And, there would have been the mantra of suc's 3-peat, which would have been truly repulsive.

Blues1
10/29/2006, 04:29 PM
Everything Worked out just Fine.....We don't want ANY team getting even 40 wins or it makes out streak look like it wasn't that hard....

47 wins is almost 5 Seasons.....Could you Live with 5 seasons of usc or texas bragging....??? -- and then seeing our record go down..??

Be Grateful it worked out like it Did....!!!

Still R'

Sooner98
10/29/2006, 04:40 PM
Which of the following is more important: 1) the fact that "the streak" is safe (for now), or 2) the fact that Texas winning it all last year has given them an even bigger recruiting edge over us for years to come.

People, we play and compete every year with TEXAS (not to mention the fact that they are our most hated rivals). Who gives a crap what USC does? We only play them about once every 10-15 years. How so many OU fans could justify rooting for Texas in that game, I will never understand.

Blues1
10/29/2006, 04:48 PM
Since Texas won --- I guess we should give up our football program....!

It's over --- Live with it --- AD was even pulling for Texas -- Some things are beyond understanding.....

Everything Worked out just Fine...!!

bluedogok
10/29/2006, 05:15 PM
Texas can only get 25 players per year (max) and they aren't always going to get the "best" every year. They were "winning" the recruiting battles every year but we still put up 5 on a row during that time peiod including 2 of the most lopsided scores in history when Mack had those #1 recruiting classes.

It is more important to keep the others down and make sure we hit the right players and don't end up with classes full of selfish primadonas that end up leaving in a fit if they don't start or do something stupid to get kicked off the team. Losing half a recruiting class due to boneheads has hurt OU worse than any recruiting anyone else has done.

Blues1
10/29/2006, 05:18 PM
Texas can only get 25 players per year (max) and they aren't always going to get the "best" every year. They were "winning" the recruiting battles every year but we still put up 5 on a row during that time peiod including 2 of the most lopsided scores in history when Mack had those #1 recruiting classes.

It is more important to keep the others down and make sure we hit the right players and don't end up with classes full of selfish primadonas that end up leaving in a fit if they don't start or do something stupid to get kicked off the team. Losing half a recruiting class due to boneheads has hurt OU worse than any recruiting anyone else has done.

Amen...!!!

soonerhubs
10/29/2006, 05:26 PM
I see struggles heading Texas' way when Chiznik gets hired by another school this off season.

NDIrish
10/29/2006, 07:06 PM
This topic is pretty much the equivalent of saying that if Troy Smith didn't have any arms he wouldn't be good at football.

Everything is irrelevant because Texas did win the game...and Troy Smith does have arms.

birddog
10/29/2006, 07:25 PM
it's just a hypothetical. get over yourself.

usc was close to breaking our record of 47 games. nothing wrong with pointing that out.

TopDawg
10/29/2006, 08:41 PM
Well, USC wouldn't have broken our streak, they wouldn't have won 3 in a row (despite their claims otherwise) and Texas did win a national championship for the first time in my life.

I would've rather USC won.

sanantoniosooner
10/29/2006, 08:50 PM
Blah blah blah.

I would rather have both teams lose, but that wasn't an option.

TopDawg
10/29/2006, 08:57 PM
Blah blah blah.

I would rather have both teams lose, but that wasn't an option.

Oh yeah? Well I would rather have OU be crowned national champion, but that wasn't an option either.

Who else wants in?

Vaevictis
10/29/2006, 09:16 PM
I was hoping for grapefruit sized hail to fall once all of the players got onto the field.

birddog
10/29/2006, 09:21 PM
Well, USC wouldn't have broken our streak, they wouldn't have won 3 in a row (despite their claims otherwise) and Texas did win a national championship for the first time in my life.

I would've rather USC won.

that's why it's just a hypothetical. they were at 34, then lost to texass.