PDA

View Full Version : Zach Lee - QB prospect?

Scotty
10/25/2006, 09:28 PM
Zach Lee (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=57661#colleges)

Freshman QB from San Fran CC. Saw we were listed as one of his 4 options and also rivals hinted that we were looking at a QB from CCSF, so I just put two and two together. Listed as "a freshman that could be out after one year."

HT:6'2
WT:200

4.6 forty

Comp Att Int Yds TD Long Pct Avg/G Avg/A Avg/C Rating
117 183 3 1907 19 91 63.9 317.83 10.42 16.30 182.5

This is the first I have heard of this kid. Your thoughts?

(btw none of this stuff was premium)

OU-HSV
10/25/2006, 09:50 PM
Interesting. He comes from the same school as Lance Mitchell and Chijioke Onyenegecha

westcoast_sooner
10/25/2006, 11:19 PM
If all works out, I'm going to go see the kid play on Saturday after watching the Sooners game on TV.

Scotty
10/25/2006, 11:30 PM
Interesting. He comes from the same school as Lance Mitchell and Chijioke Onyenegecha

and Pasha Jackson too, I believe.

The Consumate Showman
10/26/2006, 08:52 AM
Zach has been impressive to say in the least. He has good command of the offense and is putting up some nice numbers. I believe that the reason he ended up in CCSF is because he was playing a lot of baseball in high school and didn't go to a lot of camps like a lot of other QB's were. His high school team also didn't like to throw the ball that much, so his numbers weren't those "jump out and catch your eye" kind of thing.

Apparently our staff is really interested in him; they have been talking for about the past 3-4 weeks thus far. Who knows at this point. We are looking at so many different QBs right now, we may end up with some kid from BFE.

sooner94
10/26/2006, 09:34 AM
and Pasha Jackson too, I believe.

You are correct. We got Pasha and Lance the same year.

The Consumate Showman
10/26/2006, 11:58 AM
Tony Cade transferred out there after the 2004 season...

Desert Sapper
10/27/2006, 09:25 AM
Tony Cade transferred out there after the 2004 season...

So whatever happened to 'the next TRRW part II', after he went West?

The Consumate Showman
10/28/2006, 12:32 AM
So whatever happened to 'the next TRRW part II', after he went West?

If you'd've ever met Tony, you would know why he basically was asked to leave. He is E X T R E M E L Y cocky and arrogant and kind of "ignorant acting", for lack of a better word/phrase, to boot.

I wish we would all get off the "next TRRW" crap, too. It's not fair to these kids at all. IMO, that's why Bassey never performed to his potential at OU. Too many comparisons and too high of expectations. TRRW was a ONCE in a lifetime player. Personally, I think Bob and hsi staff need to take that "Roy position" label off the safety spot and just call it what it is...

westcoast_sooner
10/29/2006, 01:13 AM
Zach has been impressive to say in the least. He has good command of the offense and is putting up some nice numbers. I believe that the reason he ended up in CCSF is because he was playing a lot of baseball in high school and didn't go to a lot of camps like a lot of other QB's were. His high school team also didn't like to throw the ball that much, so his numbers weren't those "jump out and catch your eye" kind of thing.

Apparently our staff is really interested in him; they have been talking for about the past 3-4 weeks thus far. Who knows at this point. We are looking at so many different QBs right now, we may end up with some kid from BFE.

Saw the kid play this afternoon, since I live in the area. He made mostly good decicions, had command of the offense, and seemed to have some ability to scramble. He looked cool in the pocket most of the time. Threw one pick in the end zone when he was flushed, but overall did well.

Talked to him for a few minutes after the game, he noticed my OU hat, and had a sly grin on his face. Not sure that means anything.

He's anxious to make a decision and said he would in a few weeks - I'm guessing after his season is over. He said the attention is nice since he didn't get any offers out of high school, likely due to baseball.

I'll post more if I get more info.

Desert Sapper
10/29/2006, 03:42 PM
If you'd've ever met Tony, you would know why he basically was asked to leave. He is E X T R E M E L Y cocky and arrogant and kind of "ignorant acting", for lack of a better word/phrase, to boot.

I wish we would all get off the "next TRRW" crap, too. It's not fair to these kids at all. IMO, that's why Bassey never performed to his potential at OU. Too many comparisons and too high of expectations. TRRW was a ONCE in a lifetime player. Personally, I think Bob and hsi staff need to take that "Roy position" label off the safety spot and just call it what it is...

I was speaking with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. I heard he got in a fight with the coaches. That was, I heard, why he didn't make the bowl trip in '04. I am a little curious about his success after OU. It's good, IMO, when kids learn from their mistakes and improve. I hope so, for his sake.

I agree that nobody will be another Roy, but maybe the label will help them elevate their game (as I'm guessing is the hope of the coaching staff). I'm willing to bet that at least one of these young guys in our secondary will be excellent next year. If they stay until they're seniors, they could be the best secondary in the country. We haven't had much luck with continuity and graduation in our secondary lately.

KingDavid
10/30/2006, 10:18 AM
Saw the kid play this afternoon, since I live in the area. He made mostly good decicions, had command of the offense, and seemed to have some ability to scramble. He looked cool in the pocket most of the time. Threw one pick in the end zone when he was flushed, but overall did well.

Talked to him for a few minutes after the game, he noticed my OU hat, and had a sly grin on his face. Not sure that means anything.

He's anxious to make a decision and said he would in a few weeks - I'm guessing after his season is over. He said the attention is nice since he didn't get any offers out of high school, likely due to baseball.

I'll post more if I get more info.

I think if we shore up a solid JUCO recruit who can really compete, it will increase our odds with Brantley. Brantley's dad has said that he wants his son to redshirt and learn.

KingDavid
10/30/2006, 10:19 AM
I was speaking with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. I heard he got in a fight with the coaches. That was, I heard, why he didn't make the bowl trip in '04. I am a little curious about his success after OU. It's good, IMO, when kids learn from their mistakes and improve. I hope so, for his sake.

I agree that nobody will be another Roy, but maybe the label will help them elevate their game (as I'm guessing is the hope of the coaching staff). I'm willing to bet that at least one of these young guys in our secondary will be excellent next year. If they stay until they're seniors, they could be the best secondary in the country. We haven't had much luck with continuity and graduation in our secondary lately.

btw, thanks for the post and spek for making our presence felt with this kid. Well done.

Scott D
10/30/2006, 10:36 AM

I agree that nobody will be another Roy, but maybe the label will help them elevate their game (as I'm guessing is the hope of the coaching staff). I'm willing to bet that at least one of these young guys in our secondary will be excellent next year. If they stay until they're seniors, they could be the best secondary in the country. We haven't had much luck with continuity and graduation in our roster lately.

fixed ;)

The Consumate Showman
10/30/2006, 12:21 PM

Allow me to confirm that for you. He did get into a fight with the coaches and I was told that he had to be restrained. I was told by this same person that he had been mouthy all year long and that he, the person I know, thought that the only reason Bob and Brent put up with his bull is that Tony was a really good Defensive player and they thought they could "coach" it out of him. Some guys are just total a-holes, and I believe Tony to be one.

I don't think he's done too much out at SFCC. Maybe we should ask westcoast_sooner.

You see him out there buddy?

westcoast_sooner
11/2/2006, 09:05 PM
Honestly, I don't remember his name being called last Saturday. My first JUCO game, and was probably too focused on getting some video of Zach.

But, seeing as how CCSF and Foothill college are ranked No 1 and 2, respectively in Northern California JUCO, I'll plan on making more games from now on. I guess both are hotbeds for D-1 recruiting it would be really cool to see some of these guys play.

Salt City Sooner
11/2/2006, 10:05 PM
"Honestly, I don't remember his name being called last Saturday."
Maybe the fact that he's at UNLV now had something to do with this.....:D

Scott D
11/2/2006, 10:16 PM
Cade's having a standout year at UNLV.

7 games played 17 solo tackles, 11 assisted tackles, 1 assisted tackle for loss (loss of 1 yard on that play), 1 pass broken up, 0 interceptions.

He was suppossed to be in competition for a starting safety spot. However, UNLV's website sucks and doesn't have a depth chart.

The Consumate Showman
11/3/2006, 01:15 PM
Tony Cade at UNLV.

There's is just something strangely wrong with that.

Although, Vegas would be a Tony Cade kind of place...

westcoast_sooner
11/8/2006, 02:27 PM
Rivals has video of Zach Lee now.

sooner KB
11/8/2006, 08:41 PM
not gonna pay 50 bucks to watch a video of someone that may or may not be coming to OU...

royalfan5
11/14/2006, 07:50 PM
The Nebraska sites are acting like has just committed to NU. According to rivals anyway.

BOOMERBRADLEY
11/14/2006, 08:08 PM
Why would he want to ride the bench behind Keller ?

Im calling BS

royalfan5
11/14/2006, 08:19 PM
Why would he want to ride the bench behind Keller ?

Im calling BS
For 1 year. He's 4 to play 3. He likely would have 3 years to start at NU if he came here.

tommie15
11/14/2006, 08:19 PM
he has 4 to play 3, keller has 1 to play 1

BASSooner
11/14/2006, 10:08 PM
im calling BS on that one as well. The JUCO head coach said that he made the committment. I want words from the player, himself NOT the coach.

BOOMERBRADLEY
11/14/2006, 10:14 PM
Rivals is saying that he is a husker on their site, but he is not on their committment list ?

royalfan5
11/14/2006, 10:24 PM
Rivals is saying that he is a husker on their site, but he is not on their committment list ?
Scout has added him as a Husker Commit as well.

BASSooner
11/14/2006, 10:27 PM
This HAS to be all BS. We havn't heard anything from him with his own words.

BOOMERBRADLEY
11/14/2006, 10:29 PM
Boo must have told him he was going to Hell if he didn't commit to Nebraska

royalfan5
11/14/2006, 10:30 PM
This HAS to be all BS. We havn't heard anything from him with his own words.
http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=2&c=590784&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fnebraska.scout.com%2f2%2 f590784.html

My roommate probably was the one interviewing him for scout. I'll see what he'll tell me about the situation.

BASSooner
11/14/2006, 10:32 PM
well crap, if that is the case, let's cross OUr fingers for brantley

westcoast_sooner
11/14/2006, 11:10 PM
Very strange situation. Rivals doesn't show that he was offered by us, and also said that he had been offered by NU. However, he had supposedly spoken to Coach Heupel about coming to OU.

Overall, I'd prefer not to have a "Brantley or bust" philosophy. I had kinda expected that Lee would take a look at our situation, and it would pretty much be a done deal.

There's still time between now and signing day, I guess.

BASSooner
11/15/2006, 01:49 AM
I'd say from a personal opinion, I'd say we recruit garcia HARD and choose between bryan savage and cade cooper

Widescreen
11/15/2006, 11:12 AM
I wonder why it's proving difficult to get QB's to look our way given our QB situation.

BASSooner
11/15/2006, 02:53 PM
considering that Heupel is OUr coach and look how well he's coached PT

starrca23
11/15/2006, 03:31 PM
Does anyone know if Josh does any recruiting? I wonder if he is any good. He is obviously a good coach. You could see a difference in Baby Rhett after just a few weeks when we played Oregon in the bowl game and Paul has made some big strides as well. I just don't know why QB's aren't lining up. I would expect us to get a good one for sure next year.

The Consumate Showman
11/15/2006, 04:35 PM
Does anyone know if Josh does any recruiting? I wonder if he is any good. He is obviously a good coach. You could see a difference in Baby Rhett after just a few weeks when we played Oregon in the bowl game and Paul has made some big strides as well. I just don't know why QB's aren't lining up. I would expect us to get a good one for sure next year.

I believe that Josh is the new man in charge of East Texas.

There are a few names floating around out there. A few local names, too. Kid from Adair, Seq. Tahlequah, and Kinnamon from Chickasha. Also, Luck from Texas is a big QB name in Texas for next year.

With the way it's going now, who knows???

OU-HSV
11/15/2006, 07:52 PM
I believe that Josh is the new man in charge of East Texas.

There are a few names floating around out there. A few local names, too. Kid from Adair, Seq. Tahlequah, and Kinnamon from Chickasha. Also, Luck from Texas is a big QB name in Texas for next year.

With the way it's going now, who knows???
I remember reading an article in Sooner Spectator (God temporarily rest it's soul!), it mentioned that Josh is actually recruiting Garcia.

BASSooner
11/16/2006, 12:03 AM
yeah Garcia even said that he would talk and consider OU if we recruit him hard.

starrca23
11/17/2006, 10:27 AM
Well, I hope we are recruiting "hard."

westcoast_sooner
12/10/2006, 02:24 PM
Zac injured his knee in the JC Championship game yesterday.

Even though he's a Nebraska commit now, thought I would pass along the info...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/12/10/SPGPDMT1PN1.DTL

starrca23
12/10/2006, 03:46 PM
I never want to see ANYONE get injured.

royalfan5
12/10/2006, 05:03 PM
I never want to see ANYONE get injured, but I love that this happens to Callahan.
Lee was a likely redshirt already. It's not going to hurt Callahan at all.

tommie15
12/10/2006, 06:47 PM
Lee was a likely redshirt already. It's not going to hurt Callahan at all.

Plus, from what I understand, it's not a serious injury.

Collier11
12/10/2006, 07:16 PM
Im sorry but if seeing bill callahan fail means someone else being physically hurt, then I dont want any part of it

starrca23
12/10/2006, 08:50 PM
Don't worry Collier, I don't blame you ;)

starrca23
1/12/2007, 12:43 PM
You are all wonderful people.

starrca23
1/18/2007, 05:55 PM
:) Just a bunch of wonderful people:)

PLaw
1/21/2007, 12:37 AM

Don't forget PASHA JACKSON in that group.

Boomer Sooner