PDA

View Full Version : For the record, I would like to be the first to opine...

Okla-homey
10/25/2006, 09:49 AM
that when the elephants retain Congress on Nov 7, the donkeys will play the "voting irregularities" card and will allege everything from electronic ballot fraud to satanic influences.

You heard it here first.;)

Ike
10/25/2006, 09:51 AM
I would like to be the first to go on record as saying that when the jackasses take the house and senate, the elephants will be playing the same card.

NormanPride
10/25/2006, 09:51 AM
I think when both parties are ousted by monkeys they will all go crying to their lobbyists about how they were screwed.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/25/2006, 10:07 AM
Oh, it will be the electronic voting machines with no back up, or it'll be the race card...

Personally, I'd be surprised if the House and the Senate change. I suspect it will be very close if not an even split, but the Repubs will retain. Have thought that all along and haven't bought into the MSM giddiness and the supposed Repub hand wringing...

Veritas
10/25/2006, 10:10 AM
I would like to be the first to opine the regardless of whether the jackasses or the elephants take the hizzy, pols will keep screwing us all over, lying, and doing what's best for them and not for their constituents. Taxes won't go down, Iraq will still be a ****ing mess, and welfare scrapers will keep stealing money from my pocket.

Howzit
10/25/2006, 10:11 AM
:les: THERE'S A HERD OF BUFFALO THINGIES DRINKING RIGHT NOW!!!

TheHumanAlphabet
10/25/2006, 10:12 AM
I would like to be the first to opine the regardless of whether the jackasses or the elephants take the hizzy, pols will keep screwing us all over, lying, and doing what's best for them and not for their constituents. Taxes won't go down, Iraq will still be a ****ing mess, and welfare scrapers will keep stealing money from my pocket.

Heh, and Katrina evacuees will still be wanting welfare and housing assistance...And Houston's crime rate will still be 25% higher than normal...

JohnnyMack
10/25/2006, 10:18 AM
Heh, and Katrina evacuees will still be wanting welfare and housing assistance...And Houston's crime rate will still be 25% higher than normal...

:les:CUE THE BUS PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!

Scott D
10/25/2006, 10:20 AM
That someone should go to DC and do some hunting...certainly with that many Elephants and Jackasses there should be some decent ivory, or cheap meat we can ship off to underdeveloped countries.

Hatfield
10/25/2006, 10:25 AM
honest question.

if you have e-voting machines that are known to be susceptible to hacking, and these machines provide no record of the actual votes cast...then why should those machines be used?

why not remove that from the equation so it can't be used by the losing party as an excuse, and it will help voter confidence in the system?

Ike
10/25/2006, 10:28 AM
honest question.

if you have e-voting machines that are known to be susceptible to hacking, and these machines provide no record of the actual votes cast...then why should those machines be used?
because the precincts have already bought and paid for them. They consider it wasteful to junk them and go back to having people stuff little scraps of paper into a box which they would then have to pay somebody to count. Kinda like when you go out and buy a car, only to learn (after the warranty expires of course) that the model you bought is a real lemon. You are probably going to keep driving it to make sure you get your moneys worth out of it.

why not remove that from the equation so it can't be used by the losing party as an excuse, and it will help voter confidence in the system?

good question.

Vaevictis
10/25/2006, 10:36 AM

1. Because you don't care about voter confidence.
2. Because you want to be able to do shenanigans.
3. Because Diebold has lobbyists too.

Pick any combination of the above.

NormanPride
10/25/2006, 10:42 AM
1. Because you don't care about voter confidence.
2. Because you want to be able to do shenanigans.
3. Because Diebold has lobbyists too.

Pick any combination of the above.

Wow. That's exactly what I was going to post. Good show. I pick 3, however. Some pork got passed around somewhere, and now we're all stuck with the smelly leftovers.

****ing lobbyists.

KABOOKIE
10/25/2006, 10:46 AM
We could always go back to using paper ballots. Those were never susceptible to fraud.

I would like to be the first to go on record as saying that when the jackasses take the house and senate, the elephants will be playing the same card.

How is this going to happen when the elephants control the machines?

JohnnyMack
10/25/2006, 10:48 AM
the elephants control the machines?

I just listened to "Welcome to the Machine" by Pink Floyd. That count?

NormanPride
10/25/2006, 10:52 AM
Okay, if the Elephants control the machines and don't win by a landslide in every case, I'll be thoroughly disappointed. What they should do is get everyone in office, then quick pass laws that make voter fraud legal retroactively, then amend the constitution so they stay in office forever.

That sounds like a good plan to me, and if they control the machines, they can do it.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/25/2006, 10:54 AM
honest question.

Okay, I like e-voting, but for the life of me, why would you design something like this that has no paper trail or cannot be audited outside of viewing each machine memory card. I'm no Controls person, but from what I know about it, that is a big violation of a controls policy...

In TX, the e-slate machines are not connected to any other machine, so to hack into it, you would have to hack into the master card reader and place a virus on every card. Have no idea if you could hack it while voting...Have no idea if you could tell the machine was hacked.

Ike
10/25/2006, 11:02 AM
We could always go back to using paper ballots. Those were never susceptible to fraud.

How is this going to happen when the elephants control the machines?

The elephants don't control the machines.

anyone with a $30 memory stick can control the machines.

Hatfield
10/25/2006, 11:16 AM
atms give receipts.
wonder why the voting machines cant