PDA

View Full Version : ND: The Whining Begins

Sooner_Havok
10/25/2006, 12:45 AM
We win, we drop, our coach bites his tounge, ND wins (closer than any of or wins be the way) they drop, Weis starts boo-hooing.....

Weis Whines (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2637561)

Seems he is in the same mold as :mack: and Tubbyville :D

Paris of Troy
10/25/2006, 12:53 AM
They dropped because they suck. Their OL is surprisingly weak and they're still slow in the secondary. That Ucla game was a joke.

Now they get to play UNC and ALL the military academies (Do they get the Commander in Chief's Trophy if they win?) before coming to the Coliseum to get their proper beatdown by another top-10 team they have no business playing, before going to their (BCS?) bowl game to get embarrassed yet again.

BTW, what happened to Boston College? I thought they played ND every year?!

Oh yeah, I forgot: BC started beating them. That's probably why they got replaced by Army.

BASSooner
10/25/2006, 01:02 AM
This is his 2nd year of coaching college football and he thinks things should be going his way...ha...welcome to college football charlie weis!

yermom
10/25/2006, 01:04 AM
i can't believe they haven't won a bowl game since the early 90's

they should hope to drop, so they can play down ;)

yermom
10/25/2006, 01:06 AM
they are going to keep dropping in the BCS with a schedule like that...

All_Day_28
10/25/2006, 01:29 AM
Maybe if people from ND start whining it will give us a better chance to get a playoff:) the football world seems to dangle from ND's vagina..

Harry Beanbag
10/25/2006, 06:51 AM
Anybody know if there are new BCS rules regarding ND this year or are they the same as they have been? TIA.

birddog
10/25/2006, 06:58 AM
same special treatment. finish in top 8 and get automatic bcs bid.

TUSooner
10/25/2006, 08:30 AM
I don't think I've said it this season yet. Thanks for the reminder...

neuter dame sucks !!!

Well, I hate Notre Dame football as much as anybody does, but be carefull how you slam them; it IS the University of Jesus's Mom, after all. :D

Sooner_Bob
10/25/2006, 08:42 AM
From sportspickle.com:

“Luck of the Irish, I guess. Kind of like yesterday when I found a half-eaten Krispy Kreme in the bathroom trash can.”
Charlie Weis, following Notre Dame’s last-minute victory over UCLA on Saturday

sooneron
10/25/2006, 08:48 AM
Fat boy should go back to the nfl where he wouldn't have to worry about this kind of stuff.

yermom
10/25/2006, 09:27 AM
same special treatment. finish in top 8 and get automatic bcs bid.

i think this is the same for anyone not in a BCS conference

Veritas
10/25/2006, 09:43 AM
John Candy and his crew of overrated retards need to shut the **** up and thank their Irish luck they're not a 3 loss team.

MamaMia
10/25/2006, 09:49 AM
same special treatment. finish in top 8 and get automatic bcs bid.I have always wondered who exactly made that rule.

I feel that Notre Dame should be made to join a conference in order to qualify for a BCS Bowl. Its not fair for them to build a schedule tailored for themselves. While the rest of us are forced to play certain teams, Notre Dame has the option to side step any possible road blocks; not that doing so has helped their pathetic program.

May I also express my discontent over yet another issue that I feel is unfair and has caused problems? Even though I enjoy the holiday entertainment, I also believe that all conferences should be made to put on a conference championship game, or no team should be made to play in one.

MiccoMacey
10/25/2006, 09:51 AM
I have always wondered who exactly made that rule.

I feel that Notre Dame should be made to join a conference in order to qualify for a BCS Bowl. Its not fair for them to build a schedule tailored for themselves. While the rest of us are forced to play certain teams, Notre Dame has the option to side step any possible road blocks; not that dong so has helped their pathetic program.

Spek.

May I also express my discontent over yet another issue that I feel is unfair and has caused problems? Even though I enjoy the holiday entertainment, I also believe that all conferences should be made to put on a conference championship game, or no team should be made to play in one.

Spek, Part II

Paris of Troy
10/25/2006, 10:04 AM
i think this is the same for anyone not in a BCS conference

BUT...

(1) ND gets consideration for BCS if they finish in the top 12.

(2) ND gets BCS payments, even when they don't go to the BCS.

Check this out...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7659924/

Irish, despite recent struggles on the field, may be the biggest winners in the new format.

Beginning in 2006, Notre Dame will earn an automatic BCS berth with a top eight ranking in the final standings, Weiberg said. Also, under a new arrangement, Notre Dame is now guaranteed BCS money every season — even when they don’t play in a game.

In the past, Notre Dame would receive upward of $14 million when they played in a BCS game, but nothing if they didn’t.

According to collegebcs.com, the Irish won't receive a full share when it qualifies for a BCS game. Instead, Notre Dame will get get the equivalent to what a second team from a conference would get, which is currently $4.5 million. Then, in years in which the Irish do not play in a BCS game, they will receive $1 million from the BCS, about the share a non-participant from a BCS conference would receive once its conference divides it up.

In the first seven years of the BCS, Notre Dame has played in one BCS bowl and made about $13 million in the process. Under the new payout structure, the Irish would make more than that in the next seven years by qualifying for at least two BCS game ($14 million or more), but less if they only play in one BCS game ($10.5 million).

Now, when you're ND, you get more than just average consideration for the BCS when you're in the top-12. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see them lose to USC, even get embarrassed, but make it into the BCS as a 2-loss team.

But, hey, I'd enjoy seeing another ND bowl meltdown.

yermom
10/25/2006, 10:09 AM
i wasn't aware of the new rules, i need to re-read it, it's a bit complicated

http://www.collegebcs.com/bcsfaq.html

as for the money thing, i'm not sure why they would cater to them like that, i mean OU gets BCS money from the Big 12 when they don't go, but geez, who's nuts does ND have in a vice? tell them to join a BCS conference if they want money every year... it's not like they are hurting for money with that NBC contract

Scott D
10/25/2006, 10:24 AM
John Candy and his crew of overrated retards need to shut the **** up and thank their Irish luck they're not a 5 loss team.

fixed it child of corn.

PAW
10/25/2006, 10:44 AM
They were home eating cheeseburgers and they end up jumping us. That befuddles me."

He's just jealous 'bout them cheeseburgers. :twinkies:

Veritas
10/25/2006, 11:47 AM
Beano Cook is talking w/ Cowherd right now and pretty much bagging on Notre Dame. Evidently back in the 90's, ND bitched about the way Chris Collinsworth was covering the games, so ABC replaced him.

Beano: "For Notre Dame to not have won a NC since 1988 with everything they have going for them is ridiculous."

Gawd I hate that pompous crew of morons up in South Bend.

jrsooner
10/25/2006, 12:02 PM
"One of the teams [Tennessee] that jumped us had the same game that we had. They're down, they're playing at home and they win by a field goal," Weis said Tuesday. "Another team [Florida] that jumped us wasn't even playing. They were home eating cheeseburgers and they end up jumping us. That befuddles me."So in other words...there's a whole lot of "jumping" going on at ND? Don't they have rules against that on campus? :)

BIG_IKE
10/25/2006, 12:24 PM
My thoughts on Notre Dame....

THE GOOD
11 National Titles, 7 Heisman winners, Most All-Americans, Most players to play in NFL...

THE BAD
In the last decade in Bowl Games....Notre Dame is
0-1 vs. Big 10
0-1 vs. Big 12
0-2 vs. Pac-10
0-3 vs. ACC
0-1 vs. SEC
hmmmm...

The Irish have had a Top 10 Finish only once in the last decade
Notre Dame has a all-time losing record in Bowl Games.
Notre Dame is winless in BCS Games

THE UGLY..

Charlie Weis is built like Grimace from McDonalds
Charlie Weis is built like Pizza The Hutt from Spaceballs
Charlie Weis is built like Slimer from Ghostbusters
Notre Dame has not won a bowl game since the 1993 Cotton Bowl

Prior to last season...the last time the Irish had back to back bowl seasons Bob Stoops was not the Sooners Coach.

Sorry for the rant..
I am an evil, irrational Domer-Hater. I don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I look down on people who eat Lucky Charms. I chemically kill all the clovers that grow in my back yard.

QUIT YOUR CRYING CHARLIE WEIS!!!! YOU SOUND LIKE OLD YELLER 2 YEARS AGO EXCEPT WORSE! YOU HAVE NOT BEAT ANYONE THIS SEASON EXCEPT GEORGIA TECH. I AM NOT IMPRESSED BY YOUR COMEBACK WINS AGAINST UNRANKED TEAMS.

P.S.- I am still laughing at the fact that AJ HAWK body slammed your quarterback all over Tempe a few months ago and embarrassed him on National TV, physically abused him, and then went back to the hotel and banged his sister. Classic...

TexasBoomer
10/25/2006, 12:27 PM
Regis Filban (Kathy Lee Gifford's ex- partner) runs ND football - period. He had the last 2 coaches fired. He also runs NBC when it comes to the contract NBC has with ND.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/25/2006, 01:35 PM
Maybe if people from ND start whining it will give us a better chance to get a playoff:) the football world seems to dangle from ND's vagina..Nominated for football quote of the day. Can I get a second?

OUstud
10/25/2006, 02:46 PM
They've played 2 quality opponents so far: Georgia Tech (should have lost) and Michigan (got embarrassed at home). I don't consider Penn State or UCLA quality this season because they're teams that could easily lose to someone like Indiana or Arizona. Also, they had to furiously rally to beat the John L. Smiths. I agree with pretty much all that has been said, they are a ridiculously average team that could get exposed against Navy this weekend. (yeah, you're tough, playing all the service academies instead of your Catholic daddy BC, this isn't the 40s).

Also, does anyone else have an extreme dislike for Jeff Smzyrejgdja?

Sooner_Bob
10/25/2006, 02:50 PM

yep

fadada1
10/25/2006, 03:48 PM
yep
he's like a tall geddy lee.

stoopified
10/25/2006, 04:02 PM
John Candy and his crew of overrated retards need to shut the **** up and thank their Irish luck they're not a 3 loss team.Amen!

Scott D
10/25/2006, 04:46 PM
"One of the teams [Tennessee] that jumped us had the same box of twinkies that I had, they're playing at home and they win by a hoho," Weis said Tuesday. "Another team [Florida] that jumped us wasn't even cooking. They were home eating cheeseburgers and they end up jumping us. That befuddles me, I mean we had PRIME RIB for the media."

fixed :D

soonernija
10/26/2006, 01:33 AM
Weis is not wise

Desert Sapper
10/26/2006, 02:02 AM
He's just jealous 'bout them cheeseburgers. :twinkies:

What he didn't tell us is that he ate more cheeseburgers than Florida's whole football team during halftime of his game against UCLA.

Ike
10/26/2006, 02:03 AM

He's in the Cubs organization. Whats there to like about him?

Fraggle145
10/26/2006, 03:40 AM
P.S.- I am still laughing at the fact that AJ HAWK body slammed your quarterback and his sister all over Tempe a few months ago and embarrassed him on National TV, physically abused him, and then went back to the hotel and banged his sister. Classic...

so important i thought it needed mentioning twice

:pop:

MarylandSooner
10/26/2006, 09:24 AM
Last night on Pardon the Interuption they were discussing ND's ranking this year (why it is so high, and the fact Weis is complaining about it dropping) and Toney Corn??? said they are highly ranked this year because of their recent football successes. The only thing that they have been recently successful at is getting enough food for Weis.

boomer214
10/26/2006, 11:39 AM
Ode to Chuck (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/061025)

i assume someone's posted this....

maybe not

TUSooner
10/26/2006, 11:52 AM
Ode to Chuck (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/061025)

i assume someone's posted this....

maybe not
Good hard slap at ND - the most persistently overrated team in history.

I would soooooooo love to see Navy knock off the Domers. But if not Navy, I will cheerfully pull for USuC to hang half-a-hundred on ND at the end of the season.

Luthor
10/26/2006, 02:25 PM
They dropped because they suck. Their OL is surprisingly weak and they're still slow in the secondary. That Ucla game was a joke.

Now they get to play UNC and ALL the military academies (Do they get the Commander in Chief's Trophy if they win?) before coming to the Coliseum to get their proper beatdown by another top-10 team they have no business playing, before going to their (BCS?) bowl game to get embarrassed yet again.

BTW, what happened to Boston College? I thought they played ND every year?!

Oh yeah, I forgot: BC started beating them. That's probably why they got replaced by Army.

Ain't it the truth. In the real college football world a team can lose 1 freaking game and easily be by passed for BCS bowl selection. The precious domers have but to win 9 games and they are instantaneously ushered by papal decree into the nearest BCS bowl.

Please, everyone knows the domers are granted exclusivity that is not allowed to any other institution. I don't know if it's because the NCAA and BCS officials all have mafia grandmothers in purgatory waiting to get out or what. Regardless, it's blatant and shameless favoritism.

I hope the a$$hats never win another game.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/26/2006, 03:15 PM
Good hard slap at ND - the most persistently overrated team in history...

I will cheerfully pull for USuC to hang half-a-hundred on ND at the end of the season.Yeah, but only if suc has already lost to someone, so they don't get to go to the NC game.

Paris of Troy
10/26/2006, 05:38 PM
Yeah, but only if suc has already lost to someone, so they don't get to go to the NC game.

Our BCS chances will probably come down to the Cal game, but if we don't show significant improvement after this bye-week, a loss could come as soon as Saturday.