PDA

View Full Version : my kid's school says they are not allowed to play tag or red rover....wtf????

usmc-sooner
10/24/2006, 07:22 PM
when I was a kid we played tackle football at recess. We had fights and nobody got suspended over it.

I mean seriously wtf is going on.

Scott D
10/24/2006, 07:23 PM
lawsuits are a bitch, man.

Vaevictis
10/24/2006, 07:23 PM
They're afraid of getting sued. It's pathetic.

The best tort reform in the world:

Any lawyer who loses a case is liable to pay the other side's legal fees, NOT the lawyer's client. And indemnifying the lawyer for the fees is illegal.

That'll definately make em think twice before taking a case.

PhilTLL
10/24/2006, 07:24 PM
We're trying to turn the kids of America into fat slugs so they'll match their parents better.

Vaevictis
10/24/2006, 07:28 PM
Not that banning the games has any real effect. They banned all kinds of stuff in my school, and that never stopped us.

soonerthanu
10/24/2006, 07:43 PM
The wussification of America continues. And we will stand idley by and watch.

Scott D
10/24/2006, 07:45 PM
They're afraid of getting sued. It's pathetic.

The best tort reform in the world:

Any lawyer who loses a case is liable to pay the other side's legal fees, NOT the lawyer's client. And indemnifying the lawyer for the fees is illegal.

That'll definately make em think twice before taking a case.

It's no coincidence that most politicians were lawyers before being politicians ;)

StoopTroup
10/24/2006, 07:49 PM
Are the Trial Lawyers still the largest lobbyist group on the hill?

TUSooner
10/24/2006, 08:03 PM
when I was a kid we played tackle football at recess. We had fights and nobody got suspended over it.

I mean seriously wtf is going on.
really

we used to play tackle football, wrestling, and tackle the man with the ball - all against one against all - 3rd graders right in there with 6th graders.

Sooner_Bob
10/24/2006, 08:07 PM
really

we used to play tackle football, wrestling, and tackle the man with the ball - all against one against all - 3rd graders right in there with 6th graders.

same here . . . of course we all got swats if we screwed up as well.

OUinFLA
10/24/2006, 08:18 PM
Are the Trial Lawyers still the largest lobbyist group on the hill?

I believe they are "the hill".

Soonrboy
10/24/2006, 08:44 PM
It's parents, man...Had one in my office today...her kid accidentally got hit with a stick. Told me that I should either get rid of recess or she may have to look into legal action.

Whatever. Maybe you and your child would be happier at a different school?

usmc-sooner
10/24/2006, 08:48 PM
really

I remember in like the 5th grade in PE our wrestling coach would play dodgeball with us, we'd line up on the wall and he throw those little blue rubber raquetballs at us.

every now and then we'd have rock fights, not to mention getting our asses whipped by the older kids and nobody got sued or suspended.

Heck I grew up in the country and some of the kids who rode the buss were the meanest SOB's to ever live.

usmc-sooner
10/24/2006, 08:52 PM
It's parents, man...Had one in my office today...her kid accidentally got hit with a stick. Told me that I should either get rid of recess or she may have to look into legal action.

Whatever. Maybe you and your child would be happier at a different school?

seriously you should be like

then sue me bitch, and homeschool your little py as@ kid.

but I know you can't react that way. My mom worked in the school system forever and I remember how stupid parents could get. I remember some parents coming up and saying " my kid would never...........blah blah blah" and I'm thinking your kid is the biggest ****** in the school.

Scott D
10/24/2006, 08:55 PM
That's why when I'm emperor for life...the first ones to be executed are the lawyers...then the politicians.

olevetonahill
10/24/2006, 08:56 PM
In my little podunk town . 2 15 yr olds get in a fight , they both get tickets and have to attend anger management class :eek:
wtf is up with that
let the kids kick each others azz , they will be ok ;)
shat all up to an untill the 8 th grade i backed down from any one that wanted to whoop me :O summer between 8 th and 9th i got my azz whipped 6 times ;) found out an azzwhoopin hurt less than the backin down . Did a 180 and went looking for the punks that had dicked with me for years :cool:

Soonrboy
10/24/2006, 08:57 PM
seriously you should be like

then sue me bitch, and homeschool your little py as@ kid.

I do say stuff like that, just after the parents leave and the only person who can hear me is my secretary.

Scott D
and you still got your azzwhoopin from em ;)

BajaOklahoma
Sorry, but the kids are coming to school as pre-formed wussies.
The kids go home and complain that the other kids aren't playing fair or cheat or play too hard, so guess who hightails it to the principal.

Sorry, recess is a privlege, not a right. Our job is to educate your kids. That involves doing what it takes to keep them healthy and in class. We've had several kids who play lights out at recess, then get seriously overheated, nauseated or had headaches. Guess where that kid will spend the afternoon and what will be learned?

olevetonahill
10/24/2006, 08:59 PM
That's why when I'm emperor for life...the first ones to be executed are the lawyers...then the politicians.
One cancels the other :P

olevetonahill
10/24/2006, 09:02 PM
and you still got your azzwhoopin from em ;)
Only 1 out 4 whooped up on me . I was amazed how many of the bullies went crying after i stood up to em and smacked in the face . hell i was tackling seniors and winning at leats 1/2 ;)

usmc-sooner
10/24/2006, 09:24 PM
Sorry, but the kids are coming to school as pre-formed wussies.
The kids go home and complain that the other kids aren't playing fair or cheat or play too hard, so guess who hightails it to the principal.

Sorry, recess is a privlege, not a right. Our job is to educate your kids. That involves doing what it takes to keep them healthy and in class. We've had several kids who play lights out at recess, then get seriously overheated, nauseated or had headaches. Guess where that kid will spend the afternoon and what will be learned?

are you freakin serious? I went to a small school in Oklahoma, there were times when our AC was down for weeks. I played lights out at recess. I worked on my dad's farm year round before and after school, I never once got overheated, and none of the fat kids ever got overheated either. I'm pretty sure I had it better than my dad and grandpa.

olevetonahill
10/24/2006, 09:26 PM
are you freakin serious? I went to a small school in Oklahoma, there were times when our AC was down for weeks. I played lights out at recess. I worked on my dad's farm year round before and after school, I never once got overheated, and none of the fat kids ever got overheated either. I'm pretty sure I had it better than my dad and grandpa.
AC = open windows and a few fans ?

usmc-sooner
10/24/2006, 09:42 PM

pretty much

Scott D
10/24/2006, 09:57 PM

sounds like one of them fancy schools :D

olevetonahill
10/24/2006, 09:59 PM
sounds like one of them fancy schools :D
yup
MY school was warm in the summer and cold in the winter

Scott D
10/24/2006, 10:00 PM
the question is why was your old *** in school during the summer...I mean c'mon it was one room :D

BajaOklahoma
10/24/2006, 10:06 PM

Sorry, but that was the good old days.
Now days most of the kids are inside for most of the summer - except to go out and go swimming. Not all of the kids, of course, but many of them. These kids have no tolerance for heat.
I agree it isn't better, but it is the way it is.
I had swamp coolers until I was seven. Our school didn't have AC, we had several fans on stands in each classroom (OKC schools). We did fine.

OUinFLA
10/24/2006, 10:11 PM
obviously, y'all haven't taken into account.....

GLOBAL WARMING !

just ask Al Gore.

handcrafted
10/24/2006, 10:24 PM
Stopping kids from beating the crap out of each other is one thing, but stopping them from playing games????? Good grief.

Tackle the man with the ball was good times. And the whole point of Red Rover is to clothesline the dude running at you. A lot of future linebackers and pro rasslers were trained on the mean fields of recess. I mean, come on, what's more American than that?

Boarder
10/24/2006, 10:35 PM
Can't you just see Dean going to school...

"umm, Mr Principal, Dean Jr got hit with a stick today at school. It has completely ruined his self image and I'm FURIOUS! It had better be stopped or I will sue you, buddy! I am serious, fella!" :dean:

olevetonahill
10/24/2006, 11:02 PM
the question is why was your old *** in school during the summer...I mean c'mon it was one room :D
Summer skool
get out of pickin those dam crops :D

GottaHavePride
10/25/2006, 12:33 AM
Only 1 out 4 whooped up on me . I was amazed how many of the bullies went crying after i stood up to em and smacked in the face . hell i was tackling seniors and winning at leats 1/2 ;)

Heh. Sixth graders used to ask me to play goalie when I was in first grade.

crawfish
10/25/2006, 07:54 AM
Heh. Sixth graders used to ask me to play goalie when I was in first grade.

Lucky you. They made me be the ball. :eek:

sooner_born_1960
10/25/2006, 08:07 AM
USMC, aren't you in Moore schools?

usmc-sooner
10/25/2006, 08:43 AM
USMC, aren't you in Moore schools?

no

sooner_born_1960
10/25/2006, 08:43 AM
OK. I thought I saw a thread a while back.

Scott D
10/25/2006, 09:24 AM
Summer skool
get out of pickin those dam crops :D

no wonder you usta get your *** whupped by John Boy Walton ;)

Veritas
10/25/2006, 09:38 AM
Well, when I'M emperor the first thing I'll do is eliminate the "slow speed zones" around schools. Think about it. We're just preserving the stupid and slow with those things. If a kid can't figure out to stay the hell out from in front of the moving cars, do we really want him polluting the gene pool? I submit not.

NormanPride
10/25/2006, 10:04 AM
There was a kid in my mom's class that didn't really say much, but would go home and complain that my mom was "scary". So his mother comes in and complains constantly that my mom is scaring this poor child and he should be put in another class away from such a frightening teacher. I mean, you should hear some of the crap that this kid came up with - unbelievable. He'd complain that saying "You need to put up your art supplies now" was too scary. So now the kid is in a different class with a teacher that really IS scary. One that gets in the kids' faces and tells them to nut up and take the pain. My mom is a softie compared to this lady.

Serves 'em right. I hope he gets the nazi next year and she makes him cry.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/25/2006, 10:10 AM
Thank you spineless school administrators and spineless school districts and a-hole lawyers and people who like to sue...

jrsooner
10/25/2006, 12:52 PM
I mean seriously wtf is going on.You must live in Katy! Seriously though. That's been the rules down here for over 4 years now at least.

What gets me is one day a kid pinched another kid on the bus home, and the next day the KISD police were showing up and issuing the kid an assault charge because he left a bruise on the other kid. The bruisy kid's mother called it in.

What does a pinch get you?
1. Suspension
2. Time in A-School
3. Police Record
4. No extracirrucular school events

Want your eyes open to the ridiculous state of education here in Texas...
http://www.katyzerotolerance.com/
this site has a few stories of what's been happening here in town.

There was another district here, where a kid did not fight back and ended up in the hospital. Why? Because if he fought back he'd have the same assault charges against him that was given to his assailants.

OUinFLA
10/25/2006, 01:11 PM
Although we like to complain about all the legal action and wimpyness going on today as compared to when we were in school, there is an overriding factor today that the school administration has to deal with.
The level of violence has increased 100 fold over what it was when I was a kid.
Yep, we played hard, and got bruises, bloody noses, and occasionally a broken bone. Fights were usually nothing more than fisticuffs in a one on one manner with a bunch of kids egging the fighters on. More often than not, the two participants likely bacame good friends after duking it out.

Nowdays, there are gangs to contend with, retaliations to be expected, and guns and knives of uncountable numbers.

It's no wonder the school admins are running scared. I would guess a lot of the overreaction to what happens in schools can be blamed on Columbine, Pearl, and a continuous list of agrressive behavior going on in today's school environment.

Oh, and of course, the lawyers.

Scott D
10/25/2006, 03:32 PM
I've decided I'm just going to sue stupid people...so America, be ready for your summons.

TexasSooner01
10/25/2006, 03:38 PM
:rolleyes:

I am gonna sue my husband for making me preggers and causing me to gain weight! Then I am gonna use the money I get back for plastic surgery! I want to wear my size 3's again!!!!!!!

:D