PDA

View Full Version : Running Left

tru2ou
10/24/2006, 04:22 PM
Was it just me or did we run an inordinate amount of time to the left on Saturday night? I know at one point in the third quarter, we ran the same play to the left 4 out of 5 times.

I appreciate the durability of Patrick but our yards per carry was not good. I liked PT running more and I hope Wilson is realizing we've lost our best weapon now and PT needs to do more on the ground. If he gets hurt, its just another hurdle to overcome.

If I see Duke Robinson running 3-4 yards downfield and standing around again, my head might explode. The guy needs to get a mean streak and go knock someone on their ***. Dont just stand there and watch your RB get tackled.

Ok, I'm done.

- TRU

proudsoonergal
10/24/2006, 04:54 PM
If I see Duke Robinson running 3-4 yards downfield and standing around again, my head might explode. The guy needs to get a mean streak and go knock someone on their ***. Dont just stand there and watch your RB get tackled.

At least he was moving AFTER the snap. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
10/24/2006, 05:23 PM
maybe it had something to do with the starter on the right side breaking his leg

IronSooner
10/24/2006, 05:37 PM

- TRU

That's been a pet peeve of mine for a while. If you aren't sure who to hit, pick somebody out and continue until the whistle is done blowing. Identifying the right guy can be easily corrected. But dammit, hit somebody, don't just stand around watching. That's what armchair linemen like me do.

The Preach Man
10/24/2006, 06:15 PM
My high school coach always said, "When in doubt, knock someone out."

along with other things I choose not to repeat here. ;)

SoonerTerry
10/25/2006, 06:10 AM
Was it just me or did we run an inordinate amount of time to the left on Saturday night? I know at one point in the third quarter, we ran the same play to the left 4 out of 5 times.

I saw that myself, I thought maybe the signal call had to ge take a **** or get a hot dog.........:pop: