PDA

View Full Version : I just remembered the home owner question I was going to ask

MamaMia
10/24/2006, 04:02 PM
:O

My son is thinking about putting his house in Yukon on the market. He had a gentleman over there to do some kind of inspection. I don't know if he was an appraiser or an inspector, but he knows about foundations.

My son has had the house for 4 and 1/2 years. When he purchased this place, he had it inspected by a professional who never told him that there was a patch job on the foundation. There was also no mention at all of such a thing in the assessment the guy gave him before he bought the house. Had he of known that there were foundation problems he never would have purchased this particular home. Now he is having major problems with his foundation. After 4 and 1/2 years does he have any recourse?

Boomer.....
10/24/2006, 04:16 PM
Was the owner before your son the first owner? If not, maybe he didn't know about the patches.

Mjcpr
10/24/2006, 04:16 PM
Was the owner before your son the first owner? If not, maybe he didn't know about the patches.

Patches? He said he didn't need any stinkin' patches.

olevetonahill
10/24/2006, 04:28 PM
after 4 an 1/2 yrs its doubtfull . Phil or oldanslo might be able to tell you.
Did the inspector have a bond and what were his creds ?

mrowl
10/24/2006, 04:34 PM
is the house under 10 years old?

(isn't that what the foundation warranty is?)

olevetonahill
10/24/2006, 04:39 PM
is the house under 10 years old?

(isn't that what the foundation warranty is?)
When i was building it was 1 yr for all of it
the buyer could purchas a 10 yr thru the builders assciation or some thing but it was up to the buyer

MamaMia
10/24/2006, 05:06 PM
The house is older than 10 years. We don't know if the previous owners knew about it or not. The inspector was bonded and the reason we didn't know about the patched foundation is because it was covered up with bushes. He discovered it when we were landscaping.

Soonerus
10/24/2006, 05:09 PM
statute of limitations problems potentially...

sanantoniosooner
10/24/2006, 05:31 PM
PT is the best foundation guy in the business.

Scott D
10/24/2006, 05:53 PM
just stick the cheatin wench in the foundation and it should be all good.

BajaOklahoma
10/24/2006, 05:54 PM
Where in Yukon?
I used to live there.

MamaMia
10/25/2006, 10:00 AM
Where in Yukon?
I used to live there.
Its that area just south of I-40 off of that street with the German sounding name; 'something' Hall Rd. To me, it looks like some sloppy builder just slapped those houses together during a housing boom.

Okla-homey
10/25/2006, 10:03 AM
:O

My son is thinking about putting his house in Yukon on the market. He had a gentleman over there to do some kind of inspection. I don't know if he was an appraiser or an inspector, but he knows about foundations.

My son has had the house for 4 and 1/2 years. When he purchased this place, he had it inspected by a professional who never told him that there was a patch job on the foundation. There was also no mention at all of such a thing in the assessment the guy gave him before he bought the house. Had he of known that there were foundation problems he never would have purchased this particular home. Now he is having major problems with his foundation. After 4 and 1/2 years does he have any recourse?

step one: what did the contract with the inspector your son signed say about liability for stuff the inspector missed?

TheHumanAlphabet
10/25/2006, 10:06 AM
Its that area just south of I-40 off of that street with the German sounding name; 'something' Hall Rd. To me, it looks like some sloppy builder just slapped those houses together during a housing boom.

That would be Czech Hall Road.

Yeah, that neighborhood south of I-40 is a rather cheaply built...

MamaMia
10/25/2006, 10:22 AM
step one: what did the contract with the inspector your son signed say about liability for stuff the inspector missed?Thats a good question. I'll have to call him this evening and get him to fax me a copy tomorrow. He said its quite lengthy.

just stick the cheatin wench in the foundation and it should be all good.My sons show cause divorce hearing is scheduled for Halloween Day. My daughter said that she has the spooky feeling his soon to be X may come to court in costume, dressed up as a respectable lady. :P

Of course I don't know why they're even having a hearing. There really isn't anything to fight over. She had nothing when they met 5 years ago, but now has plenty. They have no children together. He has given her absolutely everything except his personal belongings, and a house which is in his name, that he owes more for than its worth. He dug himself into a hole.

Osce0la
10/25/2006, 10:43 AM
Thats a good question. I'll have to call him this evening and get him to fax me a copy tomorrow. He said its quite lengthy.

My sons show cause divorce hearing is scheduled for Halloween Day. My daughter said that she has the spooky feeling his soon to be X may come to court in costume, dressed up as a respectable lady. :P

Of course I don't know why they're even having a hearing. There really isn't anything to fight over. She had nothing when they met 5 years ago, but now has plenty. They have no children together. He has given her absolutely everything except his personal belongings, and a house which is in his name, that he owes more for than its worth. He dug himself into a hole.
That's called marriage.