PDA

View Full Version : Deer Hunters Thread! Lib Peta folk's KEEP OUT!

BoogercountySooner
10/24/2006, 01:33 PM
OK SO deer hunters post your result's on here. I have had some luck this year. I smoked this 7 pointer with my muzzleloader.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/arkiejeff/IMG_1794.jpg

Good Luck and Good Hunting!!:)

C&CDean
10/24/2006, 01:36 PM
Dude, you're supposed to tuck his tongue back in before pics. PETA is gonna so have your ***.

And our muzzleloader starts this Saturday. Hopefully I'll post some pics next week.

IB4OU2
10/24/2006, 01:42 PM
Where's the other one Bro.?

Dammit.....:(

;)

BoogercountySooner
10/24/2006, 01:44 PM
Dude, you're supposed to tuck his tongue back in before pics. PETA is gonna so have your ***.

And our muzzleloader starts this Saturday. Hopefully I'll post some pics next week.

I love that muzzleloader hunting. I had a split second to shoot this buck. I was hunting a food plot next to a field that I could only see a little of this buck popped out in my little widow about 80 yards away. I snapped a quick shot with my Knight .45 caliber and hit him in the shoulder.:)

BoogercountySooner
10/24/2006, 01:46 PM
Where's the other one Bro.?

Dammit.....:(

;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/arkiejeff/8point002.jpg

Heres a picture of me and my Daughter with a 8 point that my friend ;) got!

fadada1
10/24/2006, 01:48 PM
you put your daughter in "real tree" camo????? i can see you're protecting her from teenage boys.

:D

Mjcpr
10/24/2006, 01:50 PM
Hunters, don't forget your Deer-E-Ere!

http://www.ilovebacon.com/102406/c.jpg

Tear Down This Wall
10/24/2006, 01:50 PM
I've never shot a deer while deer hunting because I want to shoot a big one. I mean, a big one! I want the Moby Dick of Deer to cross my path.

I walk into some people's offices and see these little deer heads with small to medium racks. I always think, "If they'd just passed on that one and let him grow for another couple of years...."

Call me Ishmael? No, I'm the fanatical Captain Ahab!

http://www.melville.org/hmt.gif

C&CDean
10/24/2006, 02:01 PM
There still isn't a whitetail or mulie on my wall either for the very same reason. I have shot some of the smaller ones, but usually just take a doe if I want meat and let the smallish bucks go. Problem is, if I don't kill them, somebody else usually will. I let a little fork buck go by me last year and not 2 minutes later I hear "BAM!" My neighbor who was hunting my place killed him deader than hell. Dressed out at 68 pounds. Good eating, but that deer coulda been year-after-nexts 10-pointer.

Let the babies go hunters!!

Tear Down This Wall
10/24/2006, 02:04 PM
Agreed. I've sat in blinds and had guys going, "Shoot! Shoot!" and I said, "That little thing? You shoot it, fackwad. I'm not out here just to kill for killing's sake. It's gotta be big."

I just want one deer head, but I want it to be big. If it takes 'til my dying day, I'll pass on the little and medium bucks until I find the Jaws, the Moby Dick, the whatever of the Deer world.

But, these guys with little and medium deer heads hanging around their offices and "game" rooms...please.

JohnnyMack
10/24/2006, 02:18 PM
Are those deers dead?

sooner_born_1960
10/24/2006, 02:22 PM
I think they're just resting.

King Crimson
10/24/2006, 02:22 PM
TDTW:

http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/ilustrada/images/20030612-gregory_01.jpg

achiro
10/24/2006, 02:25 PM
Every deer has different "trophy status" I had my first decent buck mounted. He's not huge but I was 16 ad very proud of him, especially for the area of OK that I was hunting. Then I had my first decent bow killed buck mounted, abot the same size as the first but by no means are they monsters. I won't mount another one that size unless it's one that one of my sons have taken I did kill this one last year and he is on the wall, it may be a while before I have a chance at another one this big.

http://homepage.mac.com/russellanderson/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2005-11-12%2021.53.20%20-0800/Image-A736F14C540911DA.jpg

C&CDean
10/24/2006, 02:31 PM
Every deer has different "trophy status" I had my first decent buck mounted. He's not huge but I was 16 ad very proud of him, especially for the area of OK that I was hunting. Then I had my first decent bow killed buck mounted, abot the same size as the first but by no means are they monsters. I won't mount another one that size unless it's one that one of my sons have taken I did kill this one last year and he is on the wall, it may be a while before I have a chance at another one this big.

http://homepage.mac.com/russellanderson/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2005-11-12%2021.53.20%20-0800/Image-A736F14C540911DA.jpg

Nice buck. And I have a bull elk on the wall who isn't "huge." He was my first, and I thought at that time that nothing on the face of this planet was that big. Then I killed his daddy's daddy. He's on the wall too.

Tear Down This Wall
10/24/2006, 02:31 PM
Okay, but that's a bigger one, achiro. I've seen guys with racks much smaller than that hanging up all over the place.

Plus, we're talking about men here. I mean, if I'd started hunting at 16, I'd have probably killed anything that hit my crosshairs. But, now...I mean, come on. Grown men ought to kill only fully grown bucks.

Patience. Let the bucks grow.

I will say I was in a guy's office about three week ago who had three of what I'd call questionable kills in terms size mounted on the back wall. But, up on the wall closer to his desk was a freakin' monster hog. It's probably the biggest kill I've seen. If he could just harness what he had for the hog kill for his deer hunts.

captain_surly
10/24/2006, 04:11 PM
Sometimes what is appropriate to shoot depends on where you're hunting. I shot this guy last year on a place where there were several dozen similar bucks and some much bigger. He was 5 1/2 years old and never going to be more than an 8 point. I shot him for meat and didn't get the trophy buck that hunt. I did, however, have the horns mounted. Not the head, just the horns. It costs about 50 bucks and looks good in the lake house.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q120/captain_surly/05huntsm.jpg

BoogercountySooner
10/24/2006, 04:30 PM
I shoot alot of medium sized bucks the 7 point is a little over 17 inches wide which is decent for the area I hunt. I am on one lease that has some 20" wide buck's on it. I will hold out for one of these for my last tag. As was stated above some of the medium sized buck's will get shot by someone else if I let him go.

BoogercountySooner
10/24/2006, 04:39 PM
Here's an 11 pointer that my buddy shot from the same stand I shot the 7 pointer from!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/arkiejeff/IMG_1788.jpg

IB4OU2
10/24/2006, 04:42 PM
Agreed. I've sat in blinds and had guys going, "Shoot! Shoot!" and I said, "That little thing? You shoot it, fackwad. I'm not out here just to kill for killing's sake. It's gotta be big."

I just want one deer head, but I want it to be big. If it takes 'til my dying day, I'll pass on the little and medium bucks until I find the Jaws, the Moby Dick, the whatever of the Deer world.

But, these guys with little and medium deer heads hanging around their offices and "game" rooms...please.

Pulleese, Pffffffffft.........to each his own. One mans trophy is another mans so called little buck.:rolleyes: Booger killed a couple of really nice bucks for the area that he lives and congrats to him. Now go sit in your tree for the next century waiting for that Hartford stag....Ahab. Some of you people are really rude.....

Mjcpr
10/24/2006, 04:46 PM
So nobody uses that butt tool thing then?

IB4OU2
10/24/2006, 04:48 PM
So nobody uses that butt tool thing then?

I'D LIKE TO USE IT ABOUT NOW BUT NOT ON ANY DAYUM DEER............

IB4OU2
10/24/2006, 04:53 PM
There still isn't a whitetail or mulie on my wall either for the very same reason. I have shot some of the smaller ones, but usually just take a doe if I want meat and let the smallish bucks go. Problem is, if I don't kill them, somebody else usually will. I let a little fork buck go by me last year and not 2 minutes later I hear "BAM!" My neighbor who was hunting my place killed him deader than hell. Dressed out at 68 pounds. Good eating, but that deer coulda been year-after-nexts 10-pointer.

Let the babies go hunters!!

:rolleyes:

Sooner_Bob
10/24/2006, 04:53 PM
Here's the decision I've gotta make . . . my brother is wanting me to hunt with him this weekend. Based on his past hunts we're pretty much guaranteed a kill in this particular location out in western OK . . .

However, Union plays at Stillwater Friday night and then there's the 11 am OU/Mizzou game on Saturday . . . I really wanna go huntin', but I've been looking forward to the Union/Stillwater game all year.

What to do . . .

IB4OU2
10/24/2006, 04:56 PM
Here's the decision I've gotta make . . . my brother is wanting me to hunt with him this weekend. Based on his past hunts we're pretty much guaranteed a kill in this particular location out in western OK . . .

However, Union plays at Stillwater Friday night and then there's the 11 am OU/Mizzou game on Saturday . . . I really wanna go huntin', but I've been looking forward to the Union/Stillwater game all year.

What to do . . .

Stillwater's gonna get killed. Go hunting....

Sooner_Bob
10/24/2006, 04:58 PM
Stillwater's gonna get killed. Go hunting....

You really think Union will beat them? I honestly think Stillwater has their best chance to beat Union in like forever.

IB4OU2
10/24/2006, 05:12 PM
Yes, plus blackpowder season only comes around once a year and I'll be out in the woods hunting little bucks.......;)

royalfan5
10/24/2006, 06:06 PM
Your guys blackpowder season is way earlier than ours. It doesn't open until the first weekend of December here.

IB4OU2
10/24/2006, 06:24 PM
Your guys blackpowder season is way earlier than ours. It doesn't open until the first weekend of December here.

Yep, I love hunting during BP season. The trees are starting to turn and pre-rut starts really kicking in....

I'm suprised the Nebraska season is so late.

royalfan5
10/24/2006, 06:31 PM
Yep, I love hunting during BP season. The trees are starting to turn and pre-rut starts really kicking in....

I'm suprised the Nebraska season is so late.
I think it might be because it was the last season added, because right now is bow season, rifle opens in two weeks, then Blackpowder, and then late rifle.

Sooner_Bob
10/24/2006, 06:34 PM
Yes, plus blackpowder season only comes around once a year and I'll be out in the woods hunting little bucks.......;)

That's true . . . it's been a while since I hunted with my brother anyway.

C&CDean
10/24/2006, 07:14 PM
:rolleyes:

Oh stifle it. I wasn't bashing your brother's buck Mr. Sensitive Cheeks. Just making a statement. I've killed plenty of little ones. I just choose not to any more. If I want meat, I'll kill a doe.

Which brings me to my next deer hunter beef. Why will people let 20 does go by - and then kill a little spike buck? I've hunted with guys who just have to shoot a buck no matter what. They'd take a spotted fawn with nubs on it's head over a big, mature doe. WTF is wrong with these people? Killing a baby buck does not = manhood.

StoopTroup
10/24/2006, 07:27 PM
I got an 11-pointer right before we went to the 2000 Orange Bowl.

It was really a 12, but one of the tines was broken off.

If I ever got another one...it would have to be pretty special for me to have it mounted.

I'm very satisfied with the one I have.

If I can find the pics, I'll post them.

ultimatesooner1
10/24/2006, 08:03 PM
when I was 17, I shot a 10 pt that was the biggest buck killed in southern Cherokee county that year. everything has kinda been downhill since then, mainly because I haven't been able to make it back and hunt much. That buck still resides on the wall of the Cookson Smokehouse. It was pretty big for that area but not some areas but it is perfectly symetrical

BoogercountySooner
10/24/2006, 08:26 PM
Which brings me to my next deer hunter beef. Why will people let 20 does go by - and then kill a little spike buck? I've hunted with guys who just have to shoot a buck no matter what. They'd take a spotted fawn with nubs on it's head over a big, mature doe. WTF is wrong with these people? Killing a baby buck does not = manhood.

You can only shoot a doe with a bow here unless you get drawn for a bonus doe tag. I also only try to harvest 2 1/2 or older deer be it Does or Buck's. I'm a meat hunter but if I know there is a decent buck in the area I will definetly be a little choosier.
And Dean be nice to my big brother or we will have to change your name to Richard!

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/24/2006, 08:37 PM
Why kill Deer...when Bears are a bigger threat to your freedom!!

olevetonahill
10/24/2006, 08:48 PM
Why kill Deer...when Bears are a bigger threat to your freedom!!
Aw there we have it ;)
I havnt hunted in 23 yrs , nothing against hunters mind you . But after hunting Man and Bear , i get no thrill out of it . just my 2 cents
I did haul a lil 6 piont home and clean it after a friend hit it , I LIKE DEER MEAT JUST DONT FEEL THE NEED TO KILL ONE srry about the caps .
I can make a great deer stew or chilli :D

whatsername
10/24/2006, 09:22 PM
Hunters Against Hunger (http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/hah.htm) - in case anyone is interested. :)

usmc-sooner
10/24/2006, 09:46 PM
I hunt deer with a Samaurai sword and Chinese throwing stars

olevetonahill
10/24/2006, 09:56 PM
I hunt deer with a Samaurai sword and Chinese throwing stars
Over kill jarhead :D
I just use my finger and a sharp knife :cool:

C&CDean
10/25/2006, 07:55 AM
Pussies. I simply stare them down and they die of fright.

IB4OU2
10/25/2006, 08:06 AM
Oh stifle it. I wasn't bashing your brother's buck Mr. Sensitive Cheeks. Just making a statement. I've killed plenty of little ones. I just choose not to any more. If I want meat, I'll kill a doe.

When meat hunting I'll shoot a nice doe well before any little buck. I've done it for years but some of the comments about waiting for the larger trophy bucks set me off a little because in many areas the buck's racks just don't get that large and the area booger hunts is a prime example of that. The area I hunt down by Push and Pittsburg County does have some really nice deer so if I get one this weekend I'll post a picture in this thread and I expect you to do the same Deano.

Good Luck and Good Hunting!,
from Mr. Sensitive Cheeks ;)

C&CDean
10/25/2006, 08:20 AM
When meat hunting I'll shoot a nice doe well before any little buck. I've done it for years but some of the comments about waiting for the larger trophy bucks set me off a little because in many areas the buck's racks just don't get that large and the area booger hunts is a prime example of that. The area I hunt down by Push and Pittsburg County does have some really nice deer so if I get one this weekend I'll post a picture in this thread and I expect you to do the same Deano.

Good Luck and Good Hunting!,
from Mr. Sensitive Cheeks ;)

Where I hunt (far SE corner of Cleveland right by Pott & McLain counties) it's a crapshoot. I've seen very nice deer down by the river, but I'm about 3 miles from there. I've seen one what I'd call trophy buck on my place. Symmetrical 12-point, maybe 145 pounds or so. I'd sure like to see him again....

BoogercountySooner
10/25/2006, 08:33 AM
Pussies. I simply stare them down and they die of fright.

You might try doing something else to Pussies it's more fun!:D

C&CDean
10/25/2006, 08:37 AM
You might try doing something else to Pussies it's more fun!:D

Well I would, but I ain't into necrophilia.

IB4OU2
10/25/2006, 08:46 AM
Where I hunt (far SE corner of Cleveland right by Pott & McLain counties) it's a crapshoot. I've seen very nice deer down by the river, but I'm about 3 miles from there. I've seen one what I'd call trophy buck on my place. Symmetrical 12-point, maybe 145 pounds or so. I'd sure like to see him again....

It just amazes me that there are huntable poplulations of deer in Cleveland county. When I was growing up just seeing a deer there was a topic of conversation now it sounds like there's a bunch of 'em. My great uncle now decesed and now his family own several hundred acres about 4 miles East of Slaughtersville not far from the Lexington WMA maybe I need to look into to hunting there sometime. I hope that 12 pointer or something close to it walks by you about 7:30 A.M. Saturday morning buddy....

IB4OU2
10/26/2006, 07:49 AM
I had a big doe and two yearlings standing in my yard when I got home last night. Don't worry, I don't hunt the pet deer on my property. :)

BoogercountySooner
10/26/2006, 01:06 PM
I had a big doe and two yearlings standing in my yard when I got home last night. Don't worry, I don't hunt the pet deer on my property. :)

Get your crossbow out those pet's eat just as good as the wild ones.:)

BoogercountySooner
11/9/2006, 09:31 PM
Heres a picture of an 8 point buck I got this morning with my bow!:)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/arkiejeff/8point002-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/arkiejeff/8point010.jpg

Jerk
11/9/2006, 09:34 PM
Guys.....'

Do you think it's inhumane to take a deer with a .223 at close range?

I have three choices:

1) .300 weatherby magnum
2) semi auto .308 (not accurate by bolt-action standards)
3) .223 AR15 (very accurate)

I don't want to use 1) because it will be a close shot if I get one and I want some meat left.

Option 2) is with iron sights.

Option 3) is with a holographic sight that is very accurate.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/9/2006, 09:38 PM
Enjoy it now murderer!!! The Dems are about to take away all guns!!

Jerk
11/9/2006, 09:43 PM

I'll give them the bullets, first.

Jimminy Crimson
11/9/2006, 09:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/arkiejeff/8point010.jpg

That's so nice of you to take him for a little swim in the river! :D

Sooner_Bob
11/9/2006, 10:27 PM
I totally forgot to provide an update of my trip the first weekend of muzzle-loader season.

My bro and I saw like 60 small doe, but didn't get a shot. We saw one 8 pointer and I shot just under him. :(

It was a pretty fun weekend anyway. We also saw like 60 turkey, a wild boar, and a couple of coyotes.

I'd like to get back out there over rifle season, but I don't know if things will work out.

Rogue
11/9/2006, 10:43 PM
Guys.....'

Do you think it's inhumane to take a deer with a .223 at close range?

I have three choices:

1) .300 weatherby magnum
2) semi auto .308 (not accurate by bolt-action standards)
3) .223 AR15 (very accurate)

I don't want to use 1) because it will be a close shot if I get one and I want some meat left.

Option 2) is with iron sights.

Option 3) is with a holographic sight that is very accurate.

It's all about shot placement, not caliber. I know I ragged ya earlier about the .223 but as long as you aren't likely to wound the poor critter I don't care if you use a slingshot. "Humane" is whether or not ya kill the critter quickly without sufferin' as far as I'm concerned.

Regarding the trophy bucks/bulls...I'm not a great white hunter so I killed my first spike elk this year. Great meat, but even the older elk have great meat. I understand the herd management and let' 'em grow theories but I don't think that everyone is after trophies. I know I'm after gourmet meat so a youngun is actually preferable, not that I'd pass up a huge trophy bull elk at all but I don't mind killing a young spike given the winter mortality rate of the elk herds in Idaho. And, as far as killing a cow or doe...something about it just bothers me. I guess I'm a chauvinist hunter.

salth2o
11/10/2006, 12:02 AM
Looks like Booger trying to kill every deer on his lease. ;) I will finally get to go hunting the week of Thanksgiving. It can't get here fast enough!
----------

A nicely placed neck shot makes ruining meat a dead issue...and deer.

BoogercountySooner
11/10/2006, 06:52 AM
Booger only has an Archery Doe tag left!:( :D

1stTimeCaller
11/10/2006, 07:11 AM
hunters in the know take a doe

IB4OU2
11/10/2006, 09:16 AM

They can take em' from MY COLD DEAD HANDS tree hugger. Congrats again Booger....Nice Bow kill!

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/10/2006, 09:31 AM
If they ban bullets eventually you will run out!

SoonerBorn68
11/10/2006, 09:32 AM
When I was going home from Atoka at 3am a few weeks ago I passed 15 deer within 10 feet of the highway. Just a tip for all you spotlight hunters. ;)

SoonerBorn68
11/10/2006, 09:34 AM

Yeah but the attrition of the liberal gun taker awayers would be magnificient!

salth2o
11/10/2006, 09:56 AM

Not if you reload your own!

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/10/2006, 11:07 AM
You are from Atoka??? Surely there isn't more than one Wampus Cat on here!

OklahomaRed
11/10/2006, 11:23 AM

You think Iraq is bad, just wait until the libs try to take away our guns !!

Secondly, did you not read the thread title? "Lib Peta folk's KEEP OUT!"

:twinkies:

SoonerBorn68
11/10/2006, 03:53 PM
You are from Atoka??? Surely there isn't more than one Wampus Cat on here!

Oh hell no! I'm from the big city of Washington...pronounced Warshington by the local populace...ya know the one, south of Norman, west of Goldsby. :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/10/2006, 03:59 PM
You think Iraq is bad, just wait until the libs try to take away our guns !!

Secondly, did you not read the thread title? "Lib Peta folk's KEEP OUT!"

:twinkies:

I guess the sarcasm meter is broken ;):pop:

Jerk
11/10/2006, 05:20 PM
Gandalf...many of those democrats elected are pro-gun.

In fact, an anti-gun republican got replaced by a pro-gun democrat (Dewine, I think)

There ain't nothin' to worry about.

Sooner_Bob
11/19/2006, 02:24 PM
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/7122/8ptck8.jpg

An 8 pointer I got out in Dewey County . . . he tipped the scales at 122 lbs.

StoopTroup
11/19/2006, 02:27 PM
Nice....

Sooner_Bob
11/19/2006, 02:31 PM
Thanks . . . I shot him from about 150 yards or so with my bro's 30.06. He was across this fairly deep creek on the side of a hill chasin' a doe. It took us a solid hour to drag the thing back close to the truck.

BoogercountySooner
11/19/2006, 04:30 PM
Awesome Bob!

Jerk
11/19/2006, 10:16 PM
I got a 100 pound (field dressed) doe today. That is my first deer ever. Hopefully I will post a pic or two here in the next day or so. Maybe I'll go back to get that elusive giant buck, but I am going to rest for now. Thursday, I squashed a nerve between 2 vertebre making my left leg full of pain and useless. Friday, I do nothing but take a bunch of drugs and lay around. Saturday, I crawl in my deer stand under lots of pain, and fall off, landing on my back. Today, Sunday, we hunt/drove for 15 hours straight. I'm exhausted.

Shooting that doe was too easy. I think I will refrain from doing that again and just wait for the massive old Buck to come around.

plumbob
11/20/2006, 11:10 AM
I found one that was just hit by a train, so I cut its head off, a ten pointer.

IB4OU2
11/21/2006, 10:19 AM
Here's a picture of a little buck.....

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5617/2006stevedanleyfi3.jpg

I shot a large doe not thirty minutes later. I was tagged out by 7:45 Saturday morning and had to sit in camp and drink Scotch and Crown the rest of the weekend 2.5 days got home about 4:30 yesterday after the buddy shot a nice 8. :D

Jerk
11/21/2006, 11:13 AM

I shot a large doe not thirty minutes later. I was tagged out by 7:45 Saturday morning and had to sit in camp and drink Scotch and Crown the rest of the weekend 2.5 days got home about 4:30 yesterday after the buddy shot a nice 8. :D

Hey! Did you take that deer to Sallie's meat processing in Guthrie? Because I think I saw you there. Man, that place was busy.

ETA - I wish the Wildlife Dept. would spread rifle season out longer. They would still have control over the numbers harvested. The reason I say this is because Sunday evening near Okarche sounded like a war zone.

IB4OU2
11/21/2006, 11:17 AM
Hey! Did you take that deer to Sallie's meat processing in Guthrie? Because I think I saw you there. Man, that place was busy.

No, we dropped them off at a place by Chandler...

achiro
11/21/2006, 11:18 AM

ETA - I wish the Wildlife Dept. would spread rifle season out longer. They would still have control over the numbers harvested. The reason I say this is because Sunday evening near Okarche sounded like a war zone.
It wouldn't matter how long it lasted, opening weekend would always be busy.

C&CDean
11/21/2006, 11:26 AM

Good job. I let a couple groups of 3-4 does pass by Saturday. No bucks. Sunday morning I saw a little buck that I let go by and my buddy killed him from 60 yards. He had 5 really weird points on one side, and only a long, crooked brow tine on the other (the rest was broken off). He had cedar all crammed down in the antler sockets. Sunday I had several groups of does, one group had 11. No bucks. I'm probably gonna let the 14 year old boy take a doe on Thursday morning. I'm holding out for buckzilla.

IB4OU2
11/21/2006, 11:36 AM
Good job. I let a couple groups of 3-4 does pass by Saturday. No bucks. Sunday morning I saw a little buck that I let go by and my buddy killed him from 60 yards. He had 5 really weird points on one side, and only a long, crooked brow tine on the other (the rest was broken off). He had cedar all crammed down in the antler sockets. Sunday I had several groups of does, one group had 11. No bucks. I'm probably gonna let the 14 year old boy take a doe on Thursday morning. I'm holding out for buckzilla.

Thanks, had a friend from Tulsa take another real nice buck on top of the eight pointer my buddy got. I saw well over 20 deer for the 2 full days of in the stand hunting including BP and Gun....so it wasn't bad

C&CDean
11/21/2006, 11:47 AM
Most assuredly a ****pot of deer out there this year. Every single time I hunted BP or rifle I saw at least a couple does. I can remember just a few years ago sitting out all day - all season - and nary seeing a deer. And I've seen more bucks this year than I have in probably 30 years or more.

Jerk
11/21/2006, 11:53 AM
Most assuredly a ****pot of deer out there this year. Every single time I hunted BP or rifle I saw at least a couple does. I can remember just a few years ago sitting out all day - all season - and nary seeing a deer. And I've seen more bucks this year than I have in probably 30 years or more.

This is my second year to deer hunt. We didn't see one, not one, last year. This year, we are seeing them in herds, every time we go. 2 days in a row, same quarter section, 3 bucks and well over a half dozen does, my friend shooting his Rem 700 like its an automatic weapon, and me shooting the .308 twice, and the deer are still running around everywhere.

IB4OU2
11/21/2006, 11:56 AM
Yes a lot of them.....My yard deer are still there I saw them last night (2 Does and an eight ) My two and half acres back up to a cemetary and the fronts bordered by the city limits of Perkins so the pet deer are pretty smart and they know theyr'e safe.

BoogercountySooner
11/21/2006, 09:06 PM
Good job big brother! Thats a real nice 7 pointer!

Jerk
11/21/2006, 09:28 PM
Gotta ?

My first deer...I gutted it..and it was the first time I've done that. I cut too deep and opened up the sh** sack, and it went everywhere. Does that mean that the meat is contaminated?

Sooner_Bob
11/21/2006, 09:29 PM
We saw tons of doe back during BP season . . . we probably saw 6-8 buck and about 12 does when we were out on Saturday.

I knew it was going to be a good day when we saw a nice 8 pointer running along in front of us that morning on the way out.

I've only been hunting about 6 or 8 times and now I'm hooked. Plus it's something I'll get to do with my little brother.

OUHOMER
11/21/2006, 09:44 PM
Gotta ?

My first deer...I gutted it..and it was the first time I've done that. I cut too deep and opened up the sh** sack, and it went everywhere. Does that mean that the meat is contaminated?

Nah, just adds flavor. It should be alright. Its the bladder you have to worry about

olevetonahill
11/21/2006, 10:05 PM
Gotta ?

No
just wash the hell out of it

olevetonahill
11/21/2006, 10:08 PM
Nah, just adds flavor. It should be alright. Its the bladder you have to worry about
Hose em out
Its all good
If ya dont want it hose it out , Give it to me !:D

Sooner_Bob
11/22/2006, 03:13 PM
The meat processor already has my jerky ready . . . sweet.

IB4OU2
11/22/2006, 03:14 PM
The meat processor already has my jerky ready . . . sweet.

Where'd you take him Bob?

achiro
11/28/2006, 10:58 PM
My buck from Sunday evening.

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/4521/deereditbj6.th.jpg (http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=deereditbj6.jpg)

BoogercountySooner
11/29/2006, 07:18 AM
Sweet buck Achiro!

achiro
11/29/2006, 09:16 AM
Sweet buck Achiro!
Thanks, I'm still trying to decide if I should have this one mounted?

Sooner_Bob
11/29/2006, 09:43 AM
Where'd you take him Bob?

A guy in Weatherford processed the meat and is doing a skull mount for me. My brother has been using him for the last several years and since we hunted out that way I just decided to go with his guy.

Sooner_Bob
11/29/2006, 09:44 AM
My buck from Sunday evening.

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/4521/deereditbj6.th.jpg (http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=deereditbj6.jpg)

Veddy, veddy nice . . .

achiro
11/29/2006, 01:03 PM
Dad and I drew out a tag in the wilderness area at Salt Plains NWR. Starts Friday and goes til Monday. A buddy hunted it earlier in the year and said he saw decent bucks every time he went out, says they are all over the place. Hopefully this weather will have them moving good and we will both get monsters! It should be a good time.

BoogercountySooner
11/29/2006, 01:04 PM
Let us know how it went!

Jerk
11/29/2006, 01:28 PM
Damn achiro!!!

Awesome Bucke!!!

achiro
11/30/2006, 11:56 AM
Well they are suppose to be getting 8-12 inches of snow up around that area. I've never hunted deer in that kind of snow, should be fun!:D

IB4OU2
12/7/2006, 04:40 PM
Here's a nice one-

http://img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image=danleyrile4ru0.jpg

achiro
12/7/2006, 09:22 PM
Here's another pic of that buck:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid220/p5c954aea6d22f7c29a1c7b97d7afce79/ebb84815.jpg

Jerk
12/8/2006, 07:42 AM
Here's my 100# dressed doe.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5880/deer1vl2.jpg

1stTimeCaller
12/8/2006, 07:47 AM
Jerk, that mag looks to hold more than 5 rounds. naughty, naughty!

I was talking to afriend of mine and with a freak shot he killed two does with one shot from a little over 150 yards, with a Thompson pistol. He said that it was the damnedest thing he had ever seen. He said it was a good thing that he had a witness. I forgot to ask him about the caliber.

Jerk
12/8/2006, 07:50 AM
Jerk, that mag looks to hold more than 5 rounds. naughty, naughty!

I was talking to afriend of mine and with a freak shot he killed two does with one shot from a little over 150 yards, with a Thompson pistol. He said that it was the damnedest thing he had ever seen. He said it was a good thing that he had a witness. I forgot to ask him about the caliber.

I thought the same thing last year when I first got into deer hunting, then a friend told me to re-read the regs. It turns out, the mag limit only applies to .22 caliber centerfire (like an AR-15) and does not apply to larger calibers.

I bought two boxes (40 rounds) of Federal .308 softpoints. I used one box for sighting in, and I still have 18 of the rounds left from the second box.

Jerk
12/8/2006, 08:02 AM
oh, but I will confess this...once I got to the stand, the orange came off.

I'd post a pic of me with the deer, but I have recently become obesevely fat. I look like the stay-puffed marshmellow man with camo. I mean, normally I wouldn't care, but not everyone here likes me and I'd become fair game for insults and farks.

BoogercountySooner
12/8/2006, 09:38 AM
Heres a nice buck taken in Oklahoma County!

http://photos.newsok.com/show_image.php?tn=0&nuvc=0&p=52616e646f6d49568a167b65f49284cd1f008cb9806f037e

BoogercountySooner
12/8/2006, 09:41 AM
Heres one taken in SE Oklahoma. Ya'll have some nice deer!

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=196343&d=1165529754

Jerk
12/8/2006, 10:15 AM
Heres a nice buck taken in Oklahoma County!

http://photos.newsok.com/show_image.php?tn=0&nuvc=0&p=52616e646f6d49568a167b65f49284cd1f008cb9806f037e

Wow! A local monster.

Fugue
12/8/2006, 10:22 AM
Here's my 100# dressed doe.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5880/deer1vl2.jpg

That doe had a gun? :eek:

:D good huntin

Billy_Baller
12/11/2006, 11:57 AM
A Professor was giving a lecture on "Involuntary
"Muscular Contractions" to his first year medical students.

Realizing that this was not the most riveting
subject, the Professor decided to lighten the mood
slightly.

He pointed to a young woman in the front row and
said, "Do you know what your *** hole is doing while
you're having an orgasm?"

She replied, "Probably deer hunting with his
buddies."

;)