PDA

View Full Version : That'll teach that ugly *****!

KABOOKIE
10/24/2006, 09:32 AM
I'd hit it. :D

By Mark Preston
CNN

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The Republican running against Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton in New York denied a Monday newspaper report that he disparaged the Democratic senator's appearance.

"You ever see a picture of her back then? Whew," New York Daily News political reporter Ben Smith quoted John Spencer as saying Friday en route to a debate with Clinton in Rochester.

"I don't know why Bill married her," he was reported as saying, referring to former President Bill Clinton.

The Daily News also reported that Spencer, 59, the former mayor of Yonkers, a New York City suburb, said Clinton had undergone "millions of dollars of work -- plastic surgery" to help improve her appearance. "She looks good now," Smith quoted Spencer as saying.

Polling shows that Clinton, 58, has a commanding lead in the race and is expected to easily win re-election in November.

Rob Ryan, Spencer's spokesman, denied Smith's account, but acknowledged a conversation took place on the flight from New York to Rochester.

"The comment that he said was something to the effect of, 'If you have ever seen a picture of Hillary Clinton from college,' I think he said, 'Whew, she changed,' " Ryan said in an interview with CNN.

"Which is obvious if you look at the picture of her. That is what he said. He never said anything about her having plastic surgery."

Smith told CNN he stands by his story. And the Daily News reporter posted a response to Spencer's denial on his blog that he writes for the newspaper.

Ryan also took exception with the Daily News' headline, "Getting Ugly," which appeared on the cover of the New York City tabloid.

"He never used the word 'ugly,' " Ryan said. "That is the Daily News' word. It is never in quotes."

Spencer was quoted by The Associated Press as saying the comments were "a fabrication. I would never call Hillary Clinton ugly. That's outrageous. I didn't do it."

Howard Wolfson, a Clinton political adviser, said the story shows that Spencer "is unfit for the U.S. Senate."

"I'm not sure what's worse: that Mr. Spencer made these insulting comments or that, instead of owning up and apologizing for them, he is lying about them," Wolfson said in a written statement to CNN. "Either way, it's clear that he is unfit for the U.S. Senate."

Wolfson also denied that the senator has ever had plastic surgery.

During a campaign stop outside Albany, New York, Clinton told the AP, "It's unfortunate that when you don't have anything positive to say about the issues that we can get off in some pretty swampy territory."

The Daily News story was accompanied by a photograph of Clinton as a teenager, and the senator later joked with reporters, saying, "My high school picture was cute."

The story came a day after Spencer said during a second debate Sunday that Clinton would make a "tremendous" presidential candidate.

His comments were made as he sought to show Clinton is considering a presidential run in 2008.

Copyright 2006 CNN. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Associated Press contributed to this report.

picasso
10/24/2006, 09:37 AM
"I'm not sure what's worse: that Mr. Spencer made these insulting comments or that, instead of owning up and apologizing for them, he is lying about them," Wolfson said in a written statement to CNN. "Either way, it's clear that he is unfit for the U.S. Senate."

huh? what? who the hell there IS fit for the U.S. Senate? Hillary has a squeaky clean past and has never said a bad word about anybody? if this guy DID say that it's bad but pleasssssssssssse.:D :rolleyes:

TexasSooner01
10/24/2006, 09:46 AM
I still dont like her. I lost all the respect i had for her when she stayed with Bill after he Publicly cheated on her.

IronSooner
10/24/2006, 09:52 AM
I thought having a squeaky clean past precluded you from running for US Senate.

It would be nice though, if just once, politics could be about a simple exchange of ideas, rather than childish namecalling, fingerpointing and griping. But people are what people are.

picasso
10/24/2006, 09:54 AM
I thought having a squeaky clean past precluded you from running for US Senate.

It would be nice though, if just once, politics could be about a simple exchange of ideas, rather than childish namecalling, fingerpointing and griping. But people are what people are.
I totally agree but I'm pretty sure the Clinton's perfected the smear tactic.
Politics suck, any form, at any level.

IronSooner
10/24/2006, 10:10 AM
I totally agree but I'm pretty sure the Clinton's perfected the smear tactic.
Politics suck, any form, at any level.

What I find funniest is that when you ask normal people what they don't like about politics, they say negative campaigning. Yet when you do polling and studies and such, what comes out is that negative campaigning works more effectively than anything else. So here we are.

fadada1
10/24/2006, 11:03 AM
I still dont like her. I lost all the respect i had for her when she stayed with Bill after he Publicly cheated on her.
apparently you've never heard the rumors (confirmed on south park) about bill's "dinosauric" manhood.

Rhino
10/24/2006, 11:16 AM
I still dont like her. I lost all the respect i had for her when she stayed with Bill after he Publicly cheated on her. "To err is human, to forgive divine."

Mat 6:14-15 (NIV) "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But, if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

TexasSooner01
10/24/2006, 11:19 AM
Nah...once a cheat always a cheat....She could do better w/o him! Forgive yes but to stay nope, not for me anyways.

Tear Down This Wall
10/24/2006, 02:24 PM
Look, if this guy did say this, what's the big deal? People have been saying it for years. He's not wrong. The lady was ugly. So what? She still is. What does it matter?

I mean, look at this picture of the goofs from the 70s...she looked 60 back then. It's not like the guy and millions of other people who have said it are wrong.

http://www.famous-couple.com/pics/bill_clinton-hillary_rodham.jpg

Vaevictis
10/24/2006, 02:26 PM
Maybe she wasn't all that bad for a po' boy from Arkansas ;)

Tear Down This Wall
10/24/2006, 02:33 PM
Maybe she wasn't all that bad for a po' boy from Arkansas ;)

Good point :D

crawfish
10/24/2006, 02:43 PM
He should've said, "**** yeah, I said that! She's so ugly that when she sits in the sand on the beach, cats try to bury her!"

I would've illegally snuck into New York and voted for him. :D

olevetonahill
10/24/2006, 03:22 PM
I'd hit it. :D
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Unless you mean with a 2x4

olevetonahill
10/24/2006, 04:25 PM
It's impolite and can be cruel to comment on a lady's looks even if she is a beyonce.
Key word here "lady"
but were talkin hilliary:D

KABOOKIE
10/24/2006, 04:29 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Unless you mean with a 2x4

olevetonahill
10/24/2006, 04:37 PM
Magnum ?:D