PDA

View Full Version : Why does time hate me?

proud gonzo
10/23/2006, 11:45 PM
I should have been looking at the clock more tonight.... I have an internet class on Mythology and Folklore and the biggest assignments each week are due monday at midnight. Most of them are done through a quiz thing on the website (that shuts down at midnight) but the big assignment has to be emailed to the professor (which makes the deadline more flexible). I was working on the big assignment and didn't notice the clock until now, and it's way too late to get the other assignments done.

*sigh*

hurricane'bone
10/23/2006, 11:48 PM
I know how you feel, I had a calc test today that I forgot about until like 24 hours ago

sanantoniosooner
10/23/2006, 11:49 PM
My laptop has a clock in the lower right hand corner.

It's pretty cool.

Penguin
10/23/2006, 11:51 PM
Time doesn't get kinder when you get older.

Say, when you're 30 and you haven't made your first million.

Frozen Sooner
10/23/2006, 11:51 PM
Huh. Looks to me like you have plenty of time.

E-mail me the link and I'll take a stab-I've got 3 hours. ;)

soonerboomer93
10/24/2006, 01:42 AM
I'd make the same offer, but well, it's like almost 4 pm tuesday here.

Okla-homey
10/24/2006, 06:11 AM
<Rhetorical question alert>

Why do these otherwise very bright young'uns seem to always wait 'til the last minute to begin projects?

Perhaps they subscribe to the universal slacker theory; "If you wait 'til the last minute, it only takes a minute."

Perhaps they find this approach more efficient due to the time-honored adage; "the time required to accomplish a task expands to fill the time available."

At any rate, time management and prioritization are critical life skills and a big part of becoming a responsible grown-up. Some people never figure them out. Nevertheless, this is not a problem. The world needs ditchdiggers too.;)

sooner_born_1960
10/24/2006, 06:24 AM
I think if I start diggin tomorrow, I can get 'er done in time.

Al Gore
10/24/2006, 06:31 AM

Why do these otherwise very bright young'uns seem to always wait 'til the last minute to begin projects?

Perhaps they subscribe to the universal slacker theory; "If you wait 'til the last minute, it only takes a minute."

Perhaps they find this approach more efficient due to the time-honored adage; "the time required to accomplish a task expands to fill the time available."

At any rate, time management and prioritization are critical life skills and a big part of becoming a responsible grown-up. Some people never figure them out. Nevertheless, this is not a problem. The world needs ditchdiggers too.;)Being very organized, time management and leadership is 80% of running a successful company.

proud gonzo
10/24/2006, 09:46 AM

the problem, in this case, is that i'd been working on the big part of the assignment pretty much all evening. There are three or four little assignments due each day (and a bunch due monday) so you can work ahead if you have no life, but it's tough to do. :O

Beef
10/24/2006, 10:00 AM
the problem, in this case, is that i'd been working on the big part of the assignment pretty much all evening. There are three or four little assignments due each day (and a bunch due monday) so you can work ahead if you have no life, but it's tough to do. :O
Yay you for having a life!!!!!!!