PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Bill Parcells,

colleyvillesooner
10/23/2006, 10:48 PM
you got what you wanted. You put in Romo in the second half, when your team is only down 5. 1 of the 4 Bledsoe sacks were his fault, and the pick WAS bad, but we were still in that game, with the ball to start the second half, and you start Romo. God forbid you stay with Bledsoe for a few more series, and see how he holds up.

But no. You put in Romo, who throws 2 HORRIBLE picks. HORRIBLE.

I know why he will say he did this, cause Drew was getting hammered and he wanted somebody more mobile. Well, if you wanna go to the playoffs, with 3 straight road games ahead, you go back to Drew and tell him you're sorry, and you were only trying to save his life. Cause, if you saw the sidleines, Bledsoe is ****ed.

colleyvillesooner
10/23/2006, 10:50 PM
I said from day 1, if you play Romo this season, you're mailing it in. Does any Cowboy fan think after what they saw tonight, Romo is ready to go to Carolina, to Washington and to Arizona?

sanantoniosooner
10/23/2006, 10:52 PM
Putting aside my feelings about the Cowboys......I'd say that you expect a young QB to make a few bad decisions and it's excusable as part of the learning process. But the stuff Drew has been doing is inexcusable for a guy with his experience. Not once, but over and over.

tulsaoilerfan
10/23/2006, 10:54 PM
With that sorry *** offensive line, there is no chance the Cowboys make the playoffs even with Bledsoe, and if you think otherwise you are delusional

colleyvillesooner
10/23/2006, 10:55 PM
Putting aside my feelings about the Cowboys......I'd say that you expect a young QB to make a few bad decisions and it's excusable as part of the learning process. But the stuff Drew has been doing is inexcusable for a guy with his experience. Not once, but over and over.

True, but we were still in that game. His bad decision in this game cost us 7 or 3, not the game. It will be interesting to see what happens in the fallout the next few days.

tulsaoilerfan
10/23/2006, 10:55 PM
I totally agree; going into tonight's game, Drew was i believe 26th in the league in QB rating, and had tied for the most interceptions; it's way past time for a change

colleyvillesooner
10/23/2006, 10:56 PM
With that sorry *** offensive line, there is no chance the Cowboys make the playoffs even with Bledsoe, and if you think otherwise you are delusional

Maybe, but I bet Bill doesn't think that.

GrapevineSooner
10/23/2006, 10:59 PM
Four years will pass in the Tuna era here in Dallas...

And we'll still be searching for our first playoff win since 1996.

And it's not necessarily because of the QB position. It's because of the ridiculous offensive line we have here. Everyone knew that an immobile quarterback along with a shoddy offensive line spells trouble. So what did we do to fix it this offseason?

Sign T.O.

You could have the 1988 San Francisco 49'ers QB, WR corps, and RB Corps. And they'd still get killed because this offensive line sucks so bad.

Seriously, how the f*** do you allow Lavar Arrington to get into the back field untouched to get a sack and easy safety?

Simply unbelievable.

GrapevineSooner
10/23/2006, 11:05 PM
That all having been said, I agree with CVS.

They should not have put Romo into this kind of a situation. He may turn out to be better than Bledsoe in the long run. But even though he's a statue in the pocket, I'd still rather have an experienced Drew Bledsoe in there.

sanantoniosooner
10/23/2006, 11:08 PM
That all having been said, I agree with CVS.

They should not have put Romo into this kind of a situation. He may turn out to be better than Bledsoe in the long run. But even though he's a statue in the pocket, I'd still rather have an experienced Drew Bledsoe in there.
Experience is supposed to bring good decision making.

I agree experience is desireable, but Drew has counteracted the effects of experience.

AllAboutThe'O'
10/24/2006, 12:08 AM
Four years will pass in the Tuna era here in Dallas...

And we'll still be searching for our first playoff win since 1996.

And it's not necessarily because of the QB position. It's because of the ridiculous offensive line we have here. Everyone knew that an immobile quarterback along with a shoddy offensive line spells trouble. So what did we do to fix it this offseason?

Sign T.O.

You could have the 1988 San Francisco 49'ers QB, WR corps, and RB Corps. And they'd still get killed because this offensive line sucks so bad.

Seriously, how the f*** do you allow Lavar Arrington to get into the back field untouched to get a sack and easy safety?

Simply unbelievable.
Sort of like the 2001 Rangers after they signed a certain free-agent shortstop when we were better off trying to get a few arms instead.

mrowl
10/24/2006, 05:51 AM
I am not completely against playing Romo.

Even with his 3 INT's in the 2nd half, he showed more upside than Drew.

Yes, we all know the O-line is bad. But what about the defense??? That is where all the draft picks are, the big money, and they play like SH*T

mrowl
10/24/2006, 05:56 AM
I should have watched the Stars game instead.

jk the sooner fan
10/24/2006, 06:36 AM

zactly

Mixer!
10/24/2006, 07:24 AM
http://sportingpress.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/puppet.gif

jk the sooner fan
10/24/2006, 07:58 AM
like a guy on the ticket this morning said "i'd rather go 5-11 with romo than 8-8 with bledsoe"

i kind of agree with that....we dont have enough houstons or tennessee's on our schedule

we are not a playoff team....once again, the O line is average at best....

mrowl
10/24/2006, 08:18 AM
yep. I would rather see if Romo has something.

If he does, great, lets draft, sign some O-lineman.

If he doesn't, lets trade up for a QB.

colleyvillesooner
10/24/2006, 08:44 AM
Okay, now that I've calmed down, I agree making the switch to Romo was the right thing, for the future. The timing though, was horrible. Let Drew come out and see what he's got in the first drive of the second half at least.

colleyvillesooner
10/24/2006, 08:46 AM
Yes, we all know the O-line is bad. But what about the defense??? That is where all the draft picks are, the big money, and they play like SH*T

I was going to post this when I got in today, but a emailer on the radio beat me to it. Roy Williams IS a pro-bowler, at linebacker. He can. not. cover. I love the guy, but he got owned all night. He was lucky that the ref was in his way on that first touchdown, cause it gave him an out, cause he was late getting over there and wouldn't have made the play. We need a safety that can cover to compliment him.

Tackling was **** poor. They would have Tiki cornered and he'd still pick up 4 more yards everytime.

Mjcpr
10/24/2006, 08:59 AM
I am the smartest man alive (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1531513&postcount=1)

;)

Not only the #1 pick, I think the Fasano pick in round 2 sucked too. Are you telling me we couldn't have signed some FA scrub TE to do what he does? :mad:

I don't know what to think about the rest of this season.....it could go either way; we could fold the tent or we could win some games and finish around 9-7 and barely make/miss the playoffs. But the next three weeks don't look easy.

I don't envy Bill and the QB decision he has to make but the supposed benefit from Bledsoe was experience with ball security and he hasn't shown that at all. That's at LEAST the 2nd time he's thrown a pick when we were going in for a TD........inexcusable from a veteran like him.

mrowl
10/24/2006, 09:02 AM
I think the Bill was doing Carpenter, and his dad a favor. :mad:

colleyvillesooner
10/24/2006, 09:06 AM
I think the Bill was doing Carpenter, and his dad a favor. And Fasano and his buddy weiss:mad:

Fixed.

Mjcpr
10/24/2006, 09:15 AM
I think Parcells has more sense than to make picks based only on that. Now, I wouldn't be shocked if he picked them because he knew they'd be "safe" picks because he knew their background. Either way, I think we had bigger needs than LB and TE with picks 1 and 2.

GrapevineSooner
10/24/2006, 09:24 AM
That's at LEAST the 2nd time he's thrown a pick when we were going in for a TD........inexcusable from a veteran like him.

And on second and goal each time no less.

jk the sooner fan
10/24/2006, 09:29 AM
the last time the cowboys took an offensive player in the first round was the TE from LSU......big bust

i think we've loaded up plenty on D.......we need to start frontloading the draft with offensive skill positions

i hope this is the Tuna's last year....i really do

Mjcpr
10/24/2006, 09:31 AM

Isn't the big rumor that Jones would go after Stoops if Bill were to leave?

:eek:

colleyvillesooner
10/24/2006, 09:32 AM

I think it is.

mrowl
10/24/2006, 09:34 AM
Isn't the big rumor that Jones would go after Stoops if Bill were to leave?

:eek:

(rumor)

(I think its a done deal)

That is, if Bob wants to deal with the a-hole players in the NFL.

C&CDean
10/24/2006, 09:53 AM
As long as JJ keeps signing filth like Owens, the Cowboys will remain right where they are. The laughing stock of the NFL.

Romo? Bledsoe? Who cares? They've got such a cancerous tumor wearing #81 that the whole team is diseased. How can a guy play QB if he knows he's gonna get ripped every time he doesn't throw the ball Owens' way? And after Owens' drop on 4th down, he walks right past Romo and never even says "I'm a ****ing loser who dropped the ball." Hell, he's on the sideline smiling.

I've always hated the Caboys, and with Owens, my hatred smolders. **** Owens, and **** the Caboys.

TIA.

soonerlaw
10/24/2006, 09:53 AM
Jerry Jones wants to win right now. He also wants to find the second coming of Troy Aikman... and keeps looking at baseball players to do it. Parcells wants to win right now, and thinks that over-the-hill QB's are the way to do it. That means the last four qb projects have been Chad Hutchinson, Vinnie Testeverde, Drew Henson and Drew Bledsoe. Why we can't get someone in the middle (experienced but not over the hill)?

soonerlaw
10/24/2006, 09:55 AM
Your're right, TO dropping that 4th down pass was horrible, no wonder Bledsoe always goes to Glenn.

Mjcpr
10/24/2006, 09:58 AM
Why we can't get someone in the middle (experienced but not over the hill)?

Because they're not that easy to come by?

IMO, we erred in not going after Drew Brees.....he's a relative young guy but experienced and did a good job in SD. I can only assume it was because we had $$ tied up in Bledsoe. :confused:

mrowl
10/24/2006, 10:14 AM

IMO, we erred in not going after Drew Brees.....he's a relative young guy but experienced and did a good job in SD. I can only assume it was because we had $$ tied up in Bledsoe. :confused:

$2.6M, not much.

Mjcpr
10/24/2006, 10:16 AM
$2.6M, not much.

Oh, so I guess we were just stupid. :mad:

mrowl
10/24/2006, 10:22 AM
brees signed for $10M in 2006, 6 years, $60M.....

sanantoniosooner
10/24/2006, 11:49 AM
paraphrasing Rome.......

The upside with Romo is that he's athletic enough to make the tackle after throwing a pick.

mrowl
10/24/2006, 04:32 PM
paraphrasing Rome.......

The upside with Romo is that he's athletic enough to make the tackle after throwing a pick.

stolen from Sportscenter...

Is it true that Bledsoes locker is empty? :eek:

BeetDigger
10/24/2006, 10:07 PM

Nick Saban is saying the same thing.

I watched the game from the lair of the enemy. NY is a great place to watch a game in a bar - no freaking smoking.

I haven't heard the sports talk folks here since I didn't get back until late. Are the locals who were pining for Romo happy? So if they play Romo next week and he plays the same way - what then? It is not going to be an easy situation.

For Dallas fans, those sure were easy going days when #12 or #8 were on the team.

colleyvillesooner
10/25/2006, 07:34 AM
I haven't heard the sports talk folks here since I didn't get back until late. Are the locals who were pining for Romo happy? So if they play Romo next week and he plays the same way - what then? It is not going to be an easy situation.

None of the guys on the Ticket that I can reacall wanted Romo yet. There stance was, once we see Romo, the season is cashed in. But they don't seem to mind it, with the way Drew has been playing, and seeing that this team isn't as good as predicted. Most just disagree with the timing, they shouldn't have done it in the middle of a game.

Mjcpr
10/25/2006, 08:58 AM
Romo likely to start Sunday night at Carolina.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2637905

BeetDigger
10/25/2006, 09:04 AM
None of the guys on the Ticket that I can reacall wanted Romo yet. There stance was, once we see Romo, the season is cashed in. But they don't seem to mind it, with the way Drew has been playing, and seeing that this team isn't as good as predicted. Most just disagree with the timing, they shouldn't have done it in the middle of a game.

I'm talking more about the callers. So many of them were wanting Romo. The hosts that I listened to were more for Bledsoe. The DMN poll shows overwhelming numbers for Romo starting this week. How can the season be over anyway? They are two games back in a division where anything can happen. With three on the road it is an uphill battle, but there have been crazier things happen in the NFL than teams winning three in a row on the road.

sanantoniosooner
10/25/2006, 09:08 AM
The reason guys in the know about Dallas are against Romo coming in is, when was the last time the fans were screaming for the back-up in Dallas and it paid off?

They have a bad history with ditching the starter for the backup.

Mjcpr
10/25/2006, 09:09 AM
The reason guys in the know about Dallas are against Romo coming in is, when was the last time the fans were screaming for the back-up in Dallas and it paid off?

Yes, luckily that phenomenon has never occurred outside of Dallas.

sanantoniosooner
10/25/2006, 09:11 AM
Yes, luckily that phenomenon has never occurred outside of Dallas.
Sometimes it has paid off elsewhere.

When has it in Dallas?

colleyvillesooner
10/25/2006, 09:15 AM

When has it in Dallas?

When has it elsewhere? I think it's pretty safe to say switching to the backup rarely works, anywhere. Tom Brady was the best thing to happen to Backup QB's.

colleyvillesooner
10/25/2006, 09:17 AM
How can the season be over anyway? They are two games back in a division where anything can happen. With three on the road it is an uphill battle, but there have been crazier things happen in the NFL than teams winning three in a row on the road.

3 on the road wouldn't have worried me as much if these weren't the first thee starts EVER for the QB. Julius Peppers might get 10 sacks. ;)

I just can't see the Cowboys making the playoffs with that OL, a chance taking gunslinger QB, and two safetys who refuse to cover people. Not that I think Bledsoe would have done much better mind you.

Mjcpr
10/25/2006, 09:22 AM

When has it in Dallas?

I guess when they pulled whoever was starting in front of Aikman and Staubach.

They'll never know what they have in Romo if they don't let him play. If Bledsoe had done the things that you would expect a veteran QB to do (not make stupid decisions, throw the ball away on occasion instead of taking a sack, not hold the ball for an excessive amount of time and getting sacked because of it) then there would have been no reason to go to Romo. But hell, if your QB is going to throw stupid picks and stand in the pocket for 30 seconds you may as well go with the young guy and see if he's any good, see if he improves, see if he does some things better, see if he's your future.

sanantoniosooner
10/25/2006, 09:29 AM

They'll never know what they have in Romo if they don't let him play. If Bledsoe had done the things that you would expect a veteran QB to do (not make stupid decisions, throw the ball away on occasion instead of taking a sack, not hold the ball for an excessive amount of time and getting sacked because of it) then there would have been no reason to go to Romo. But hell, if your QB is going to throw stupid picks and stand in the pocket for 30 seconds you may as well go with the young guy and see if he's any good, see if he improves, see if he does some things better, see if he's your future.
Staubach had the job as soon as he was available.

Dallas Cleaned house before Aikman was drafted and he didn't have to compete with an established QB. Babe Laufenberg wasn't exactly a household name.

I agree the change should be made. I'm explaining why some with a history as Dallas fans resist.

GrapevineSooner
10/25/2006, 09:35 AM

Danny White retired shortly after Jerry Jones bought the team and fired Tom Landry. In fact, I think he retired before the draft.

I know they platooned Aikman with Steve Walsh during the 1-15 season.

colleyvillesooner
10/25/2006, 09:39 AM
Danny White retired shortly after Jerry Jones bought the team and fired Tom Landry. In fact, I think he retired before the draft.

I know they platooned Aikman with Steve Walsh during the 1-15 season.

Yep, in 1989, Troy played in 11 games, Walsh in 8. Troy had a TD/INT ratio of 9/18. Walsh 5/9

GrapevineSooner
10/25/2006, 09:51 AM
Laufenberg didn't come in until the next year when Dallas decided to stick with Aikman as the full time starter and traded Walsh to the Saints if my brain full of useless knowledge is not mistaken.

mrowl
10/25/2006, 09:52 AM
I thought Troy got hurt in 89?

colleyvillesooner
10/25/2006, 10:04 AM
Babe dressed for 3 games in 1989, and played in 4 games in 1990.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal1989.htm
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal1990.htm

Scott D
10/25/2006, 11:02 AM
When has it elsewhere? I think it's pretty safe to say switching to the backup rarely works, anywhere. Tom Brady was the best thing to happen to Backup QB's.

I think it's pretty safe to say if you are backing up Bledsoe you will be a starter before long.

Signed,

Tom Brady & JP Losman

GrapevineSooner
10/25/2006, 02:36 PM
Well, what's interesting in Buffalo was how so many Bills fans wanted to push Drew out the door because J.P. Losman was the future of the franchise?

You think those fans would like a semi-do over on that one?

And if you replace Buffalo with Dallas, Bills with Cowboys, and J.P. Losman with Tony Romo...

Scott D
10/25/2006, 02:51 PM
Well, what's interesting in Buffalo was how so many Bills fans wanted to push Drew out the door because J.P. Losman was the future of the franchise?

You think those fans would like a semi-do over on that one?

And if you replace Buffalo with Dallas, Bills with Cowboys, and J.P. Losman with Tony Romo...

last year, yeah they would. Not as much this year though, Losman has made better decisions. It's a crapshoot with any young qb though. With the kind of defensive speed in the AFC East, you really can't have a Bledsoe there to act as an immobile object.

GrapevineSooner
10/25/2006, 04:46 PM
With the kind of defensive speed in the NFL, you really can't have a Bledsoe there to be an immobile object.
Fixed. ;)

Fixed, again. :D

Scott D
10/25/2006, 04:47 PM
well I would have removed 'act' in a fixed version myself ;)

TUSooner
10/25/2006, 09:53 PM
As long as JJ keeps signing filth like Owens, the Cowboys will remain right where they are. The laughing stock of the NFL.

Romo? Bledsoe? Who cares? They've got such a cancerous tumor wearing #81 that the whole team is diseased. How can a guy play QB if he knows he's gonna get ripped every time he doesn't throw the ball Owens' way? And after Owens' drop on 4th down, he walks right past Romo and never even says "I'm a ****ing loser who dropped the ball." Hell, he's on the sideline smiling.

I've always hated the Caboys, and with Owens, my hatred smolders. **** Owens, and **** the Caboys.

TIA.
heh I loved the Cowboys when I was kid, then I got fed up with all that "America's Team" crap. Then last year or 2 I was just getting to like them again when they signed TO. They sure know how to kill a budding romance.

soonerinabilene
10/26/2006, 12:46 PM

i knew it was sad times in dallas the minute fans went crazy when ryan leaf stepped onto the field.

sanantoniosooner
10/26/2006, 06:27 PM
I really think that the Tuna wanted Romo, but couldn't justify it unless Drew got hurt or made some bad plays. Why else to you call a QB draw with Drew at the goal line? Bill wanted a decapitation.