PDA

View Full Version : Pi$$ed off at foriegn cutomer care people!

stoopified
10/23/2006, 03:21 PM
Am I the only person tired of dealing with foriegners who barely speak the language being the ONLY people you can talk to anymore?It doesn't matter that it is an American car co.,computer co.,tech support co. or satellite co all you get are people you can't understand.More importantly they can't understand you.I just spent an exasperating 30-45 minutes dealing with customer care people for DISH network who were from India-Pakistan,somewhere in the Orient(Korea,I think) and someone from south of the border(Mexico,Guatemala,Honduras,Panama?Who knows).I am so sick of this $hit I could scream.

It ain't bad enough that we ave to deal with a flood of ILLEGALS but now we have companies sending tech support jobs out of the country.Okay I am done ranting, I feel a little better.

From now on one of the first questions I ask is: Do YOUR TECH/CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE SPEAK ENGLISH AS A FIRST LANGUAGE?

Melo
10/23/2006, 03:36 PM
Click (http://www.friendsoffoamy.com/index.php?id=144)

"You are all a bastard!"

nanimonai
10/23/2006, 04:06 PM
Well it's not exactly like phone customer service jobs attracted the cream of the crop when they were located in the U.S. either.

RacerX
10/23/2006, 04:15 PM
Call center jobs are good jobs in India. People want them and compete for them.

Vaevictis
10/23/2006, 05:29 PM
Frakkin' Canadians.

Sooooo, what's this problem aboot, eh?

You'd they'd put the call centers in Ontario, but noooo, they've got to go to the Maritimes, where what they speak is only *technically* English ;)

Not to mention, the Canadians typically view people from the Maritimes the same way we view the Aggies or the Brits view the Welsh. (ie, backwards and somewhat stupid)

soonerboomer93
10/23/2006, 06:45 PM
Am I the only person tired of dealing with foriegners who barely speak the language being the ONLY people you can talk to anymore?It doesn't matter that it is an American car co.,computer co.,tech support co. or satellite co all you get are people you can't understand.More importantly they can't understand you.I just spent an exasperating 30-45 minutes dealing with customer care people for DISH network who were from India-Pakistan,somewhere in the Orient(Korea,I think) and someone from south of the border(Mexico,Guatemala,Honduras,Panama?Who knows).I am so sick of this $hit I could scream.

It ain't bad enough that we ave to deal with a flood of ILLEGALS but now we have companies sending tech support jobs out of the country.Okay I am done ranting, I feel a little better.

From now on one of the first questions I ask is: Do YOUR TECH/CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE SPEAK ENGLISH AS A FIRST LANGUAGE?

Dish's Phone based customer service could allow you to reach someone in India, Philipines, Tulsa, Colorado (2 Centers), Texas (3 Centers), Alabama, Viginina, New Jersey, Ohio, Arizona, and a couple other states. It all depends on the options you choose. I will advise you that actual call in Technical Support is only done out of call centers located in the US. The main centers for tech support are in Colorado and 2 on the East Coast. The centers out of the Country actually have far less employees then the ones in the US.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/24/2006, 08:56 AM
My wife USED to work for an IT outsourcing company. The big push was to site call centers out of the country to save money...They specifically had one in Mexico City, in Budapest, and I believe in the Phillipines. They may have had one in one of the Carribean islands mon...

You can tell, if not by the accent, then by the script that is read to you. TXU Energy call center is in Mexico City. Spanish accent and the great number of call centers there according to the Mrs. was a give away. After memorizing the script after several calls, I finally told them I knew the script, I needed such and such, when they said they couldn't help, I asked to speak to their supervisor and to escalate the call. That worked for me, but you may need to sometimes hang up and call back - Luck o' the draw...

stoopified
10/25/2006, 04:31 PM
I just want to talk to somone I can understand.

TexasSooner01
10/25/2006, 04:32 PM
I just want to talk to somone I can understand.

Good Luck! :D

It could happen but not likely! :mad: