PDA

View Full Version : AD in the AZ!

The Maestro
10/23/2006, 01:14 PM
So the Cardinals are, once again, not a playoff team. But, by virtue of their loss at Oakland yesterday, they are officially on the radar screen for possible homes for AD next year...if he goes pro. Yes, I know, I know...let a Sooner fan dream, all right?

If the Cardinals had a chance to draft AD I don't know if they would. They need O-lineman worse than anything. Receivers, QB and most defensive positions are pretty solid. Edge is pretty good, but he's not getting younger and AD is a once a generation type back. You really don't need to waste first round picks on O-lineman unless they are complete studs. Just look at Denver and New England for those results.

I guess, for AD's sake, it just depends on who ends up being the coach in Arizona next year. Denny Green is as good as gone and already talking like it. I do think AZ would be wise to throw a big bone towards Pete Carroll to come back to the NFL. Leinart and AD is a nice combo that could grow into something, if AZ can finally get and pay the right offensive line (start by trashing Leonard Davis, the horn flop that has sucked his entire NFL career).

Just remember...the year after Dallas drafted Troy, they drafted Emmitt. Say what you want about Leinart, but he is going to be the face of the franchise for a few years. With those receivers, a strong and improving defense, AD would be a nice addition with an aging Edgerrin James.

As a Phoenix resident, I'd love to see AD get out this way. Just want them to have a line to block for him, though.

SoonerJason
10/23/2006, 01:24 PM
I am dreaming with you Maestro!!

I will litterly crap myself.

Even with the O-Line as crappy as it is here.. AD will find away around it..

Oh man.. that would be sweet.

But can you imagine the first day of camp with AD meets Matt?

The Maestro
10/23/2006, 01:26 PM
Leinart would love to have AD. I've got no beef with Leinart. He kicked our butt...what more can we say? They showed up, we didn't. He's a stud, very down to earth and the king of the AZ for some time to come. I still think the talent is there...they just need a line.

BIG_IKE
10/23/2006, 01:27 PM
could they afford Edgerrin James AND AD??

SoonerJason
10/23/2006, 01:29 PM
I had beef until MNF.. He's a stud.

SoonerJason
10/23/2006, 01:29 PM
Forget Edge.. He's only good because the Colts line is really good.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/23/2006, 01:30 PM
I still want a ML voodoo doll so I can poke his cross eyes.

The Maestro
10/23/2006, 01:40 PM
Forget Edge.. He's only good because the Colts line is really good.

Plus, I watched Edge after the game yesterday. He was laughing and carrying on on the sidelines and then just joked around with Raiders players after the game. I'm not sure winning and losing is all that important to him. Plus, he dances too much. Hit the hole already...no matter how small it is.

I'm thinking Manning, Harrison and Wayne made Edge look better than he really is. He came to AZ to get paid...and he is...winning is secondary.

SoonerJason
10/23/2006, 01:47 PM
Plus, I watched Edge after the game yesterday. He was laughing and carrying on on the sidelines and then just joked around with Raiders players after the game. I'm not sure winning and losing is all that important to him. Plus, he dances too much. Hit the hole already...no matter how small it is.

I'm thinking Manning, Harrison and Wayne made Edge look better than he really is. He came to AZ to get paid...and he is...winning is secondary.

Exactly why college football gets 99% of my weekend.

It takes the fun out of football because the kids play for pride.

It's the beer man.. NFL would be boring as hell without it.

Now.. If college sold beer... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm beer.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000WD8JI.01-A2X3FMBNSRPS6U._SCLZZZZZZZ_V56891575_.jpg

Ash
10/23/2006, 01:49 PM
:les: THE CARDINALS ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY ARE!!!

Taxman71
10/23/2006, 01:58 PM
I keep thinking AD will end up in Houston and making them look good for winding up with AD and Mario Williams rather than Reggie Bush and ???? from this year's draft. I think AD is a better NFL back than Bush and I don't think a Mario Williams is in this year's draft.

Wishboned
10/23/2006, 02:10 PM
I just hope he doesn't end up in Miami.

After all these years I'd hate to have to start cheering for them.

Sooner-by-Marriage
10/23/2006, 02:12 PM
I keep thinking AD will end up in Houston and making them look good for winding up with AD and Mario Williams rather than Reggie Bush and ???? from this year's draft. I think AD is a better NFL back than Bush and I don't think a Mario Williams is in this year's draft.
That's exactly what I think as well.

I think he's a lock for Houston.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/23/2006, 02:20 PM
I pray to God he comes to Houston!!!!

The Maestro
10/23/2006, 02:26 PM
Houston, you have a problem. Two wins.

AZ only has two more games they could win...Detroit and at San Francisco. Cards should lose at Green Bay, at Minnesota, at St. Louis, at San Diego and home to Dallas, Seattle and Denver.

picasso
10/23/2006, 02:30 PM
Leinart would love to have AD. I've got no beef with Leinart. He kicked our butt...what more can we say? They showed up, we didn't. He's a stud, very down to earth and the king of the AZ for some time to come. I still think the talent is there...they just need a line.
he's a great QB but apparently a spineless dweeb who would sell his best friend out to the cops or even for a cheap piece of a**.

Soonermagik
10/23/2006, 02:35 PM
Arizona= no, they just got edgerrin. Miami= no, they have Ronnie Brown. I think the Raiders are most likely to take him Lamont Jordan is decent, but not a star. Sadly, if things keep going the way they are I see Peterson in Oakland, and that sucks!!!!!!!!

Tulsa_Fireman
10/23/2006, 02:42 PM
AD will be a Packer next season.

Bank on it.

So much so that if they manage to win another game or two, they'll potentially trade up to get him.

All Day in the Green and Gold, baby! Whooohooooo!

All_Day_28
10/23/2006, 02:58 PM
AD will be a Packer next season.

Bank on it.

So much so that if they manage to win another game or two, they'll potentially trade up to get him.

All Day in the Green and Gold, baby! Whooohooooo!
OH GOD hell no!!!!

OUMallen
10/23/2006, 03:00 PM
E. James now is better than AD next year. OLine is wat they need, not anotehr RB.

SoonerStormchaser
10/23/2006, 03:52 PM
Screw you all...he's going to Chicago!!!

strangedude
10/23/2006, 05:18 PM
Hmmmm. How could he wind up in a Bronco uniform?

The Maestro
10/23/2006, 05:38 PM
Screw you all...he's going to Chicago!!!

But they already have an Adrian Peterson! Limit one per team!

MarylandSooner
10/23/2006, 06:23 PM
I think I am going to be selfish and say we need him in Baltimore. Jamal Lewis is getting old and just think AD could hook up with Mark Clayton, and Kelly Gregg. Baltimore is a great run oriented team.

Harry Beanbag
10/23/2006, 06:31 PM
Unless James demands a trade in the off season, which he might, and the Cardinals oblige, I don't see Peterson in Arizona. It would be nice for me and the other Phoenix Sooners, but probably not so much for Adrian.

Before the Packers take Peterson, they need to tell Favre to sit his *** on the bench so they can see if Rogers is capable of being an NFL QB.

As far as the Raiders go, they are my worst nightmare. I hate them more than any other team, and I hope like hell that Adrian doesn't end up there. But the Raiders are weird, they might take Calvin Johnson over Peterson or a QB. They have a decent to good RB already and Walter isn't doing to bad, but their WRs flat out suck. And as much as Al Davis loves Heismans, they might take Troy Smith.

Miami has to take a QB. Ronnie Brown is their RB.

Detroit will probably take a QB.

Cleveland is another very real possibility. Brownfan would absolutely love him there.

There are still way too many possibilities. Lots of craptastic teams this season.

Mile High Sooner
10/23/2006, 06:43 PM
Hmmmm. How could he wind up in a Bronco uniform?
Bronco's get Washington's #1 pick. Just keep hoping for the Skin's to continue their slide to the bottom of the NFC East.

BoonesFarmSooner
10/23/2006, 06:53 PM
Houston, you have a problem. Two wins.

Phoenix, you have a problem. Darren Mack

Thanks for Playing!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/23/2006, 08:15 PM
As long as Bill Bidwill is owner of this Cardinals franchise, they will continue to lose. I hope AD gets to go somewhere else. (my hopes were dashed of a Cards move to somewhere in CA when they had the stadium bond pass. Now, with the new stadium, Phoenix is, unfortunately, forever destined to be the laughing stock of the NFL.)