PDA

View Full Version : OU vs. A&M either at 11:00 am or 7:00 pm

colleyvillesooner
10/23/2006, 10:47 AM
per Soonersports. ABC is using it's six day option.

We play A&M and Nebraska plays Mizzou. Winner of the Mizzou/OU game will get the primetime slot.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=657046

NORMAN, Okla. -- ABC has notified Big 12 Conference officials that it will televise the Oklahoma at Texas A&M football game on Nov. 4. What the network has not yet decided is what time the game will start.

That decision will come Sunday when ABC will choose between 11 a.m., and 7 p.m.

The network has selected two Big 12 games for the Nov. 4 date. The other is Missouri at Nebraska.

Both games are certain to be televised. Only the starting times remain in question.

This week, Oklahoma plays at Missouri. That game, also on ABC, will kickoff at 11 a.m. Brent Musburger, Bob Davie and Lisa Salters will have the call on the 51st consecutive OU game to be on television.

This week's game marks the Sooners' fourth appearance on ABC this season.

NYaggie
10/23/2006, 11:17 AM
Kind of odd to have an ABC Big XII primetime matchup. That is usually reserved for TBS/FSN.

I guess if we both win this weekend it will be at 7:00 pm in HD.

sooner_born_1960
10/23/2006, 11:59 AM
Winner of the Mizzou/OU game will get the primetime slot.
Where does it say that? Not that I disagree.

colleyvillesooner
10/23/2006, 12:03 PM
Where does it say that? Not that I disagree.

That's just my guess. I guess we could win and A&M could lose to Baylor and we'd probably not get the 7 pm slot. We'll see.

Mac94
10/23/2006, 12:31 PM
My guess is we both need to win this weekend to get the 7pm slot. Neither is a certainty right now. Of cousre, if the Pokes beat the Huskers in Stillwater it could also throw a wrench into things ... but what are the odds of that happening?

royalfan5
10/23/2006, 01:16 PM
I'd rather you guys have the 11:00 A:M game. I'm going to be cold no matter what, so I might as well not be hungover with the night game.

colleyvillesooner
10/23/2006, 01:19 PM
I'd rather you guys have the 11:00 A:M game. I'm going to be cold no matter what, so I might as well not be hungover with the night game.

Ditto, except reverse that.

mrowl
10/23/2006, 02:33 PM
ugh. wouldn't that mean gameday in collie station( 7pm)?

colleyvillesooner
10/23/2006, 02:55 PM
ugh. wouldn't that mean gameday in collie station( 7pm)?

Their only options that day (provided A&M and OU both win this week) would be College Station, or in Knoxville for LSU/Tennessee.

That's the dilemma for them, when the biggest game of the day is on CBS, and the next option is, nationally speaking, not that big with AD out. If AD was still playing and in the middle of the Heisman race, and A&M is 8-1, they would be coming to CS.

And Kirk traveling wouldn't be a problem because it's under 3 hour flight from Knoxville to CS.

Mac94
10/23/2006, 03:00 PM
We went through all of this in 2004 ... don't mention Gameday.

Flashback ... A&M, after the season opening loss to Utah was 6-1 with nice wins over Clemson, Colorado, and Oklahoma St. (that gave the world the stunned Poke guy0 heading into halloween weekend and an untelevised road night game in Waco against Baylor. Of course, OU at Kyle loomed the week after. Talk centered around College Gameday coming to College Station for the OU game after we boosted to 7-1 over hapless Baylor. Kirk Herbstreet all but said they were coming. It was the talk all over Ag message boards .....

.... and then we lost to Baylor in overtime!

So, enough with the Gameday stuff ... we ain't going there with Baylor this weekend ... at night ... not on TV .... Halloween weekend .... IT CAN'T HAPPEN AGAIN!!!! CAN IT!?!?!

SicEmBaylor
10/23/2006, 03:00 PM
Beat the hell out of Aggie. Make 77-0 look like a close game. This time don't pull your 2nd string out of the game and make the scout team fall on the ball to prevent another TD. Run it up on their ***. Make the Aggie nation question the very existence of their football program.

Rub Lassie's nose in it.

Aggie must be destroyed.

SicEmBaylor
10/23/2006, 03:01 PM
We went through all of this in 2004 ... don't mention Gameday
So, enough with the Gameday stuff ... we ain't going there with Baylor this weekend ... at night ... not on TV .... Halloween weekend .... IT CAN'T HAPPEN AGAIN!!!! CAN IT!?!?!

It can and it will.
Aggie must be destroyed.

Mac94
10/23/2006, 03:09 PM
It can and it will.
Aggie must be destroyed.

Help me out here ... why are you guys so freaked out and fixated on us? Geez, back when I was at A&M you all were actually pretty good and you guys weren't so obnoxious. You guys were actually ranked in this thing you may have heard of called the top 25 and actually had a decent head coach and your school name wasn't associated with football futility and yet you guys were actually pretty decent fans. You win one game against us since the Reagan administration and you go all "jihad" and stuff ... what gives?

colleyvillesooner
10/23/2006, 03:14 PM
Beat the hell out of Aggie. Make 77-0 look like a close game. This time don't pull your 2nd string out of the game and make the scout team fall on the ball to prevent another TD. Run it up on their ***. Make the Aggie nation question the very existence of their football program.

Rub Lassie's nose in it.

Aggie must be destroyed.

Why don't you beat them?

royalfan5
10/23/2006, 03:18 PM
Help me out here ... why are you guys so freaked out and fixated on us? Geez, back when I was at A&M you all were actually pretty good and you guys weren't so obnoxious. You guys were actually ranked in this thing you may have heard of called the top 25 and actually had a decent head coach and your school name wasn't associated with football futility and yet you guys were actually pretty decent fans. You win one game against us since the Reagan administration and you go all "jihad" and stuff ... what gives?
Morris is probably taking a page out of Bill Macarntey's book and fixiating Baylor on an artifical rival like he did with NU. Next thing you know Shawn Bell will be knocking up Morris's daughter.

Mac94
10/23/2006, 03:22 PM
If that happen the Administration might go nuclear ... being a Baptist school and all.

BTW, with Morris, he has this fixation on showering and his sister ... so you never know. ;)

Mac94
10/23/2006, 03:26 PM
BTW, there is an old A&M - Baylor rivalry, it's known down here as the Battle of the Brazos ... and it had some very good games. 1986 was a classic of football games. But, we ran off 20+ wins and a row and Baylor's fortunes fell so for us it kinda became a "ho hum" kinda thing. I guess it's somewhat akin to OU-oSu in that OU really didn't bother with the Pokes much because OU owned them ... ya'll focused on Nebraska and Texas ... oSu was an afterthought ... then they actually won a game and you all know how they've been since then.

Mac94
10/23/2006, 03:32 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=U67GxuiEZf4

Highlights from THE classic A&M-Baylor game back in 1986 ... one the best games in SWC history ... and back when Baylor footbasll was relevent ... and, to be fair, Aggie football was much more so, too.

<link changed>

SicEmBaylor
10/23/2006, 03:33 PM

This has been a long long time coming. In general, I think it's safe to say that Aggie is easy to hate for the downright creepy *** cult culture that pervades College Station. You can talk of the Branch Davidians all you want, but if they'd set up shop a few miles down the road you can be damned sure they'd be university sanctioned. Hey, I'm all for fun and spirited tradition but nut squeezing? Every individual Aggie I've ever met has usually been pretty decent...as a collective group you people are intolerable. And obsession? Are you kidding me? The foundation of your very existence is your obsession with UT.

Specifically, the lopsided victories that Aggie has piled up against us especially recently has definitely led to greater hostility and resentment. For many, that came to a head in '03 with chants of "we want 80!" It probably had absolutely nothing to do with it, but I like to think Stoops had that in the back of his mind when he handed you the greatest *** whipping in school history a week or two later.

There's so much to say and so much to complain about with respect to Aggie that I could be here all night. I'm sure you're a great guy, but I hate maroon, hate College Station, and hate Aggie.

SicEmBaylor
10/23/2006, 03:35 PM
Morris is probably taking a page out of Bill Macarntey's book and fixiating Baylor on an artifical rival like he did with NU. Next thing you know Shawn Bell will be knocking up Morris's daughter.

Not really inventing a new rival just rekindling an old one. The Baylor/Aggie rival used to be a pretty good one...we killed one of their fans at a game and they tried to retaliate by stealing a National Guard howitzer and shelling Waco (true story).

colleyvillesooner
10/23/2006, 03:35 PM
This is like watching two little kids about to fight. ;)

SicEmBaylor
10/23/2006, 03:36 PM
http://stingray.tamu.edu/athletics/football/movies/TAMU31BU30.mpg

Highlights from THE classic A&M-Baylor game back in 1986 ... one the best games in SWC history ... and back when Baylor footbasll was relevent ... and, to be fair, Aggie football was much more so, too.

Heh, you do seem to be an alright fellow. Your compatriot around here definitely is not.

This is a great video. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_kxiO-p7MA

Mac94
10/23/2006, 03:40 PM
Actually, I don't think it was an N.G. cannon ... it was one of our own. We were all military back then and we had cannon for training purposes. [in best Scooby Doo villian voice] And it would have worked too, if it wasn't for those meddling Texas Rangers[/voice off]. ;)

Of course, the Corps for years before and after have gotten even by stealing your women ... ;)

SicEmBaylor
10/23/2006, 03:43 PM
Of course, the Corps for years before and after have gotten even by stealing your women ... ;)

..........to go shopping with.

Mac94
10/23/2006, 03:45 PM
Hey, if you're a guy at an all male school and that's what it takes ..... ;)

My stepdad went to Baylor back in the late 50's, he always talks about the number of Corps guys that would show up on the weekends to pick up dates ... of course, he ain't fond of us, either. ;)

NYaggie
10/23/2006, 06:01 PM
This has been a long long time coming. In general, I think it's safe to say that Aggie is easy to hate for the downright creepy *** cult culture that pervades College Station. You can talk of the Branch Davidians all you want, but if they'd set up shop a few miles down the road you can be damned sure they'd be university sanctioned. Hey, I'm all for fun and spirited tradition but nut squeezing? Every individual Aggie I've ever met has usually been pretty decent...as a collective group you people are intolerable. And obsession? Are you kidding me? The foundation of your very existence is your obsession with UT.

Specifically, the lopsided victories that Aggie has piled up against us especially recently has definitely led to greater hostility and resentment. For many, that came to a head in '03 with chants of "we want 80!" It probably had absolutely nothing to do with it, but I like to think Stoops had that in the back of his mind when he handed you the greatest *** whipping in school history a week or two later.

There's so much to say and so much to complain about with respect to Aggie that I could be here all night. I'm sure you're a great guy, but I hate maroon, hate College Station, and hate Aggie.

Wow...you sound like you hate yourself, because you are sounding exactly like what the focus of your hate is.

I think the appearance of Baylor as an institution has more to do with your issues with us. At least the private schools in other major conferences (Vanderblit, Northwestern, Duke, Stanford) have their academic prowess to insulate them when there is little athletic accomplishment to celebrate. Baylor kind of gets kicked around by everyone when they aren't performing well athleticly for that very reason. The Big XII could have really used Rice in that regard to fulfill their private school quota, considering Texas and A&M are the highest rated academic schools and they too are slipping.

I don't argue with the notion that in long stretches of winning streaks (us over Baylor, Texas over us, OU over Texas), there is a certain inferiority complex that develops. But I can promise you that I and every Aggie I know do not spend hours on message boards obsessing and spewing hate about it.

Flame away. :pop:

SicEmBaylor
10/23/2006, 06:42 PM
But I can promise you that I and every Aggie I know do not spend hours on message boards obsessing and spewing hate about it.

Flame away. :pop:

Uh,...have you been over to baylorfans lately????

oKOIhoma fan
10/24/2006, 07:19 AM
any one know??????

Mac94
10/24/2006, 08:00 AM
any one know??????

It is not national, it is a split national with Penn State vs Purdue. Have to check the ol coverage map for your area.

SicEm -

Will there be more green and gold or maroon and white in Floyd Casey this saturday night? ;)

RacerX
10/24/2006, 08:39 AM
Uh,...have you been over to baylorfans lately????

Has anyone?

Penguin
10/24/2006, 11:04 AM
51st consecutive OU game on television?

I guess they're counting the pay-per-view games? That's a stretch.

No way in hell Gameday goes to College Station. Why is everybody convinced Gameday only goes to ABC games? They go to SEC/CBS games all of the time!

TheHumanAlphabet
10/24/2006, 11:39 AM
51st consecutive OU game on television?

I guess they're counting the pay-per-view games? That's a stretch.

No way in hell Gameday goes to College Station. Why is everybody convinced Gameday only goes to ABC games? They go to SEC/CBS games all of the time!

Uhmmm, why would anyone think they would go to collie station? Uhhh, collie station or anywhere else in the U.S. Duh....no brainer...