PDA

View Full Version : Kidney stones

swardboy
10/23/2006, 08:14 AM
SUCK!

God, morphine, and demerol got me through Friday night/Saturday morning at emergency room...then had to nut it up and continue smoking 21 slabs of ribs for tailgate at noon Saturday for local campus ministry group....still haven't passed the stone! But at least no pain now.

Does this make me a "rock" star?

SouthFortySooner
10/23/2006, 11:42 AM
In amblance trainin they said, when you go into the home of someone with kidney stones, the first thing you'll think is their havin a religious experience.

Tru dat.

SoonerInKCMO
10/23/2006, 11:56 AM
I'm beginning to think that some doctor is going to determine that Soonerfans.com causes kidney stones.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/23/2006, 12:28 PM
Can we get a Kidney Stone Forum?

Widescreen
10/23/2006, 02:24 PM
Can we get a Kidney Stone Forum?
I'll moderate.

Last year when I had mine, it was excruciating until they gave me the morphine. Then I was fine for the next 3 days until I had my surgery. I don't know if the morphine is that long-lasting or if it just stopped hurting on its own.

By the way, I read that dudes are WAY more likely to get these little demons from the bowel of hell than chicks.

swardboy
10/23/2006, 04:29 PM
I'll moderate.

Last year when I had mine, it was excruciating until they gave me the morphine. Then I was fine for the next 3 days until I had my surgery. I don't know if the morphine is that long-lasting or if it just stopped hurting on its own.

By the way, I read that dudes are WAY more likely to get these little demons from the bowel of hell than chicks.

SURGERY? CRAPOLA!!! The emergency room prescribed Flomax for me...enlarges the bladder and eases passage of the little (I hope) rocky....stay tuned.

49r
10/23/2006, 04:42 PM
when I finally passed mine, and I saw how small it actually was I was shocked. How could anything slightly larger than a grain of sand cause that much pain?

OU4LIFE
10/23/2006, 04:53 PM
mine was the size of a quarter, pussies. [/DEAN]

IB4OU2
10/23/2006, 05:03 PM
mine's the size of a quarter puss*.

and you made a hole in one???? :confused:

OU4LIFE
10/23/2006, 05:10 PM
186 yards worth.

Widescreen
10/23/2006, 11:54 PM
SURGERY? CRAPOLA!!! The emergency room prescribed Flomax for me...enlarges the bladder and eases passage of the little (I hope) rocky....stay tuned.
They decided that it was stuck in the ureter and based on its size, wouldn't pass on its own (dude, I sound so medical!). So they put me on a lithotripsy machine and pounded the little beyotch into rubble. Then I got to catch the tiny pieces in a strainer-thingy so they could analyze them and decide what I needed to do to make sure it didn't happen again.

JohnnyMack
10/24/2006, 02:34 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15400358/

Holy ****. I mean Ho-Lee ****!

BigRedJed
10/24/2006, 03:01 PM
They decided that it was stuck in the ureter and based on its size, wouldn't pass on its own (dude, I sound so medical!). So they put me on a lithotripsy machine and pounded the little beyotch into rubble. Then I got to catch the tiny pieces in a strainer-thingy so they could analyze them and decide what I needed to do to make sure it didn't happen again.
You're still lucky. Mine was stuck in my ureter and they opted to go get it sugically. BY STICKING A DEVICE UP MY PEEHOLE!!

BigRedJed
10/24/2006, 03:03 PM
Oh, and...

Please refrain from starting a new thread when a thread already exists about the same subject. Yes, we all want attention thrown our way, but it's very hard to sift through information when there are 30 threads that all state the same thing. So please be considerate to your fellow posters before you click the new thread button. Specifically, I'd say if you have something to say about AD's injury, there are already 30 threads about it on here. Dig one of those up and reply.

Oh, and don't get your panties in a wad if your duplicate thread gets merged and/or closed.

YWIA!!

C&CDean
10/24/2006, 03:21 PM
You're still lucky. Mine was stuck in my ureter and they opted to go get it sugically. BY STICKING A DEVICE UP MY PEEHOLE!!

A very small device...

BigRedJed
10/24/2006, 03:30 PM
I WISH!!

fadada1
10/24/2006, 03:48 PM
the real pis-ser... what if you have a narrow urethra????

Widescreen
10/24/2006, 04:09 PM
They gave me that option. I rejected it without prejudice.

BigRedJed
10/24/2006, 04:26 PM
Yeah, I couldn't do the lithotripsy, for whatever reason. I think my stone was too hard. You heard me right, bitches.

swardboy
10/24/2006, 04:41 PM
Well, it's off to the urologist thursday a.m. My interologist (or whatever) thinks I may have passed it...Have hard time believing it though cause it was a 10 mm bb...usually 5-6 mm is breaking point for being able to pass. Great. Was stuck at junction of urethra and bladder Saturday night.

StoopTroup
10/24/2006, 07:46 PM
I'm still having trouble with my 2nd one.

The first one about had me down for the count for awhile.

Maybe I scared it loose for ya in the other thread. :D