PDA

View Full Version : Token University of Tulsa Golden Hurricane Update

bri
10/22/2006, 07:47 PM
After the 'Cane crushed Memphis last night 35-14 in their return to the site of their Liberty Bowl triumph from last season, the defending Conference USA champions continue their slow climb up the rankings. If you extend out the polls, Tulsa is currently #27 in the AP, #29 in the coaches' poll (boo), #27 in the Harris Interactive, and #28 in the BCS standings all released today.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TULSA!!! :D

goingoneight
10/22/2006, 07:53 PM
I'll bet you TU could give about six of the "top ten teams" a ballgame they wouldn't forget... I'm really not looking forward to playing PS as a Senior next year... especially if Coach K stays in Tulsa.

bri
10/22/2006, 07:58 PM
Hell yeah they could. They have a strong defense, solid running game and a savvy veteran quarterback who understands that the only stat that truly matters is wins and losses. Our game with them in Skelly next year is gonna be brutal for me to watch, because I'm gonna live and die a thousand little deaths on each play. I know that a win over OU would do WONDERS for putting TU's program on the national radar as being a legit squad...but I HATE for OU to lose. EVER.

Hell, I hate the Red/White game because half of our team always loses. :mad:

BudSooner
10/22/2006, 08:00 PM
I can see it now, Tulsa wins the rest of their games and gets an invite from the take it up the *** bowl.
While.....Nebbish gets invited to a better bowl, with a two loss record-or more.

With the talent on this team, it's a damn shame they aren't getting the props for the season they have had so far.
The lone loss being a solid(not great)BYU team, and yes the Conference USA is not stacked with the likes of the SEC/BigXII/Big Ten.
When you look at the wins they have compiled..there has not been a game that was a close one other than Navy.

Go TU!

AllAboutThe'O'
10/22/2006, 08:04 PM
If they win the C-USA title, they go back to the Liberty Bowl, where it now has a tie-in with the SEC. I would love to see the 'Cane go up against an Arkansas or an Alabama.

Octavian
10/22/2006, 08:07 PM
too bad the Cane didn't get a chance to play aggy lite this year.

bri
10/22/2006, 08:32 PM
aggy is PRAYING to whatever pagan harvest god they serve that Gundy really can make them better by the time they finally man up and start playing the 'Cane again. If Coach K is still there...we will PWN aggy. :D