PDA

View Full Version : The Pride

cofCtuba
10/22/2006, 12:38 AM
I thought for homecoming we would see a new show...nope. I couldn't believe that, that was the worst show all year too, and on Homecoming. What are they thinkin? That should be the most important home game performance. Awful.

SicEmBaylor
10/22/2006, 12:39 AM
www.firebrianbritt.com

SicEmBaylor
10/22/2006, 12:41 AM
It could be worse...
The Pride could start looking like these guys...
http://www3.baylor.edu/gwb/photos/photos-Images/27.jpg

PrideTuba
10/22/2006, 12:47 AM
It could be worse...
The Pride could start looking like these guys...
http://www3.baylor.edu/gwb/photos/photos-Images/27.jpg

This is true, but atleast these guys look like they are having fun. The pride is pretty awful these days. Its time to start emailing President Boren and see if we can get things changed.

StoopTroup
10/22/2006, 01:22 AM
They had them running all over the stadium tonight...

I liked that part.

Spreadin' it around is a good idea IMO.

leavingthezoo
10/22/2006, 01:22 AM
This is true, but atleast these guys look like they are having fun. The pride is pretty awful these days. Its time to start emailing President Boren and see if we can get things changed.

that's what fun looks like? :eek:

soonerboomer93
10/22/2006, 05:10 AM
we still havve a band?

achiro
10/22/2006, 08:28 AM
Sitting in the North endzone, co little travel band on the south end zone was drowning out the pride that was sitting between us.:eek:

birddog
10/22/2006, 09:25 AM
who?

BajaOklahoma
10/22/2006, 09:27 AM
It made the Alumni band look better though.

JohnnyMack
10/22/2006, 09:30 AM
I can't hear our band anymore.

achiro
10/22/2006, 09:50 AM
Sitting in the North endzone, co little travel band on the south end zone was drowning out the pride that was sitting between us.:eek:
I don't think that made any sense so let me try again. Colorado had a small band sitting in the South endzone. I was in the north endzone and couldn't hear the pride over the co band even though the Pride was sitting between us.

CrimsonandCreamForever
10/22/2006, 01:53 PM
It made the Alumni band look better though.

I'm not taking a shot at the Alumni band, but, um, shouldn't it be the other way around? :confused:

proud gonzo
10/22/2006, 02:03 PM
This is true, but atleast these guys look like they are having fun. The pride is pretty awful these days. Its time to start emailing President Boren and see if we can get things changed. Boren has absolutely no say in that stuff--i think that would be a waste of time. Joe C, maybe.

and i totally disagree about the "look like they're having fun". They don't look like they're having fun at all to me.

yermom
10/22/2006, 02:30 PM
no say? i have a hard time believing that... not that i necessarily agree that it's the right place to start

King Crimson
10/22/2006, 02:40 PM
email Molly Boren. she "wears the pants". if Mollsy doesn't like a bench or a tree on campus....it's gone the next day.

CrimsonandCreamForever
10/22/2006, 02:43 PM
I'd agree that pressure from Joe C would force things to happen quicker than pressure from Boren. I recall the countless times Britt has said "We're lucky to have such a good relationship with our Athletic Dept. Athletic Dept says this, Athletic Dept says that....." I recall even getting in trouble for buying AND upgrading a student ticket one year for my dad on dad's day because "the Athletic Dept doesn't make the Pride pay for tickets, so since we get one free, they said we shouldn't be taking up any other ticket space." (which made no sense to me at all since I did pay for it)

proud gonzo
10/22/2006, 02:47 PM
well, yeah, i'm sure he has some say in things, but i don't think it would be very effective to complain to president boren that you can't hear the band.

proud gonzo
10/22/2006, 02:48 PM
I'd agree that pressure from Joe C would force things to happen quicker than pressure from Boren. I recall the countless times Britt has said "We're lucky to have such a good relationship with our Athletic Dept. Athletic Dept says this, Athletic Dept says that....." I recall even getting in trouble for buying AND upgrading a student ticket one year for my dad on dad's day because "the Athletic Dept doesn't make the Pride pay for tickets, so since we get one free, they said we shouldn't be taking up any other ticket space." (which made no sense to me at all since I did pay for it)
yeah, they gave me that bull**** too. my freshman year i bought tickets and gave them all to GHP. the next year they said if any of us bought tickets we'd be kicked out of the band. I had already bought student tickets so i called to give mine up and it took me forever to get the money refunded.

CrimsonandCreamForever
10/22/2006, 02:55 PM
I figured the AD wouldn't complain because money's money. Britt just needed something else to bitch about. The ticket office had no problem selling it to me, after running my ID# and all.

SicEmBaylor
10/22/2006, 03:00 PM
This ticket procurement procedure thing sounds like a load of **** to me. I can't believe they'd tell you how many or when you can and can not buy tickets.

That's unreal.

PrideTuba
10/22/2006, 03:11 PM
i think emailing boren would do a hell of a lot more than emailing britt. Britt completely writes off any and all negative opinions of the pride so emailing him solves absolutely nothing. I think if President Boren gets enough emails, he will atleast try to do something about it and not just write them off like britt does. If it needs to happen, lets email boren and joe c. and maybe with enough emails they will atleast do something.

SicEmBaylor
10/22/2006, 03:12 PM
I don't think they'd listen to me.

PrideTuba
10/22/2006, 03:14 PM
This ticket procurement procedure thing sounds like a load of **** to me. I can't believe they'd tell you how many or when you can and can not buy tickets.

That's unreal.

The ticket deal is only for people in Pride, if you are in pride you get a free ticket to the game and you arent supposed to buy your own student tickets.

PrideTuba
10/22/2006, 03:16 PM
I don't think they'd listen to me.

They might you never know until you try, im sure youde never get an email back, but I dont think any of us will. All we can hope for is to see changes in the pride and maybe see britt looking for a new job.

BajaOklahoma
10/22/2006, 03:19 PM
I'm not taking a shot at the Alumni band, but, um, shouldn't it be the other way around? :confused:

Correct, it SHOULD be. It isn't. And we can't blame the band members. It's the idiot director.

soonersweetie
10/22/2006, 07:26 PM
yeah, they gave me that bull**** too. my freshman year i bought tickets and gave them all to GHP. the next year they said if any of us bought tickets we'd be kicked out of the band. I had already bought student tickets so i called to give mine up and it took me forever to get the money refunded.

that is the most insane thing I have ever heard. Now, I can understand if they don't want you selling the tickets the university gave you, i.e. scalping, but if you were to buy tickets with your own money and give them to parents, etc, why should they care? Money is money.

I guess all the memorabilia, sweatshirts, caps, etc that you buy with your own money from the university and give away as presents and stuff should be forbidden as well :rolleyes:

i hate bureaucratic morons

OklahomaTuba
10/22/2006, 08:19 PM
The colorado pep bad was out-playing the pride in the stands.

I couldn't believe it, but it was true.

CrimsonandCreamForever
10/22/2006, 08:57 PM
The colorado pep bad was out-playing the pride in the stands.

I couldn't believe it, but it was true.

But the Pride was more musical!!

:rolleyes:

MiccoMacey
10/22/2006, 09:35 PM
Maybe next year we can get the A&M band to come play for us at Homecoming.

:D

Srcasm, guys. Sarcasm.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/23/2006, 08:22 AM
But the Pride was more musical!!

:rolleyes:

Yes you could hear ALL of the instruments...

OklahomaTuba
10/23/2006, 08:42 AM
All of CU's instruments that is...